Server time (UTC): 2022-05-23 03:08

Post apocalyptic reading

RatRider

• Emerald

In this thread we recommend post apocalyptic books.

My starting recommendations for good apoc books is obvious but if you have not read them you definitely should.

Metro 2033 and Metro 2034

Both of them are great books.

Now another metro styled book that I recommend is Towards the Light.

Here is a short description of its story line.

The main characters of the book are Taran (a veteran stalker) and Gleb (a twelve-year-old boy who is taken from his home station by Taran). The two join a team of stalkers, who have been tasked with discovering the source of the mysterious light seen on the surface; presumed to originate from Kronshtadt. Taran - the most experienced member of the group - serves as their guide, with Gleb as his assistant.

The Passage by Justin-Cronin is a wonderful reading experience and it is highly recommended.

Hopefully there will be others with recommendations.

I really enjoyed metro 2033, haven't read 2034 yet but I am planning on it. Towards the light sounds interesting and down my alley so ill take a look at it, thanks! For the younger audiences I would recommend eleventh plague, I read that awhile ago and even though it was meant for younger people I still enjoyed it.

• Emerald

Divergent :troll:

I have a broad sense of humor but that is to far man.

pMpiYpo.gif

• MVP
51kPzUDtS6L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
  • MVP

The Hungry City

• Sapphire

Day by Day Armageddon.

Currently reading the third part of it and it is glorious. Basically it is the diary of somebody during the start and the first year of a zombie apocalypse.

If you enjoy the stories of the others in the forum, you will enjoy reading this.

10/10 would read again.

• Emerald

Not sure if they fit the "post apocalyptic" term but the S.T.A.L.K.E.R books Southern Comfort and Northern Passage is good books if you are a S.T.A.L.K.E.R fan like me.

• Emerald

Not sure if they fit the "post apocalyptic" term but the S.T.A.L.K.E.R books Southern Comfort and Northern Passage is good books if you are a S.T.A.L.K.E.R fan like me.

I did know that Stalker books existed, I will make note to read them.