Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 16:00
Sign in to follow this  
J.D.

Animated Helicrashs

Hi guys and gals,

Just been looking around on the net and found a cool little add on for Helicrashs.

Don't know if anyone would like the idea but it would add more realiisim as i don't realy like the idea of a silent chopa crash spawn.

Please find the link below showing the scripts, files and video.

http://opendayz.net/threads/animated-helicrashs-0-1-release.12532/

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested in the past and the answer has been no. Apparently things like animated helicopter crashes cause too much lag.

yep, it's been suggested before.

Too much lag/desync.

Ok cool, i did a search and couldn't find anything.

Ok cool, i did a search and couldn't find anything.

Here is one of the other threads suggesting this.

Kool thanks guys, don't know why the results didn't come up for me? But i can see from posts by the Rolle and Kakan (Dev at the time) stating that it will not work on these servers.

We now have the links to the other threads so i think that this one can be closed.

Guest neom

No lag pointless and just mean people will be running after every heli -2

animated heli crashs have a gaint tendency to not spawn gear when crashed and not to go down and crash back on another server I played this was enabled it took a whole hour following one for it to crash and you need a fully fuelled heli to follow them it also does a great strain on servers

and they will continue to spawn in even if the last one doesn't crash also theres a bug in the coding for it and the Russian ones shoot at everyone since the survivor slot it BLUEFOR don't know if that was tooken out or not tho they also have a great trendency to crash at the same location next to pustoshka I use to see 6-8 of them at wonse if you find a spot where the crash a lot it can be exploited some people who are reading this may know what im talking about I would say don't add it just have the random spawn already crashed it may be awkward to RP but it reduces a lot of lag on the server just my thought on it tho -1 to it

Never. Why would helis keep falling all the time?

Although I don't want them, the argument you've said is invalid due to our circumstances already.

Why do they keep appearing on the ground? Because they keep falling.

Chopper crashes don't make sense period. But there are some things that have to stay :P

Although I don't want them, the argument you've said is invalid due to our circumstances already.

Chopper crashes don't make sense period. But there are some things that have to stay :P

my character has never found a crash-site so he doesnt even know about them or anything.

my character has never found a crash-site so he doesnt even know about them or anything.

but that's just your character? I'm sure a lot more people have seen them before?