Server time (UTC): 2021-01-20, 10:24
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wulfhorn

KoS - 5 Day Ban -

Guest wulfhorn

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-2x-kos-north-of-%7Fstory-near-deerstand-18-04-14-15-15

Why the verdict is not fair:

Well. I admitted, our mistakes, and claimed responsibility over Danny's KoS. This was looked upon. Now the report was determined, and i have been banned for KoS. Which if the admins read the report properly, i didn't kill Neom or Winslow. So I'm falsely accused of KoS.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

N/A

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

Have my ban removed.

What could you have done better?:

Explained it more in depth.

15:17:19 "PKILL: James W Dewit was killed near Stary Sobor [65:69]"

15:17:19 "PHIT: B 1-3-M:1 (James W Dewit) REMOTE was hit by B 1-3-B:1 (Joshua Large Juggs) REMOTE with vil_VAL_C from 85.2717m"

Sure looks like you did kill someone.

AS VAL logs derp. Most of the time they don't record who did the actual killing but they are a one hit kill. They do however record you hitting them. Are you saying that its just a coincidence that he died the exact same second you shot him and somehow it wasn't a KOS? Your gun caused the death, whether the bullet killed him or he bled out, it was your hand that caused it.

I will not be part of the team dealing with this ban appeal as I was part of the report verdict, I just wanted to point that out for you.

Guest wulfhorn

15:17:19 "PKILL: James W Dewit was killed near Stary Sobor [65:69]"

15:17:19 "PHIT: B 1-3-M:1 (James W Dewit) REMOTE was hit by B 1-3-B:1 (Joshua Large Juggs) REMOTE with vil_VAL_C from 85.2717m"

Sure looks like you did kill someone.

AS VAL logs derp. Most of the time they don't record who did the actual killing but they are a one hit kill. They do however record you hitting them. Are you saying that its just a coincidence that he died the exact same second you shot him and somehow it wasn't a KOS? Your gun caused the death, whether the bullet killed him or he bled out, it was your hand that caused it.

I will not be part of the team dealing with this ban appeal as I was part of the report verdict, I just wanted to point that out for you.

i don't think you quite understand what i'm trying to get at. I've been asking admins over teamspeak if they can help me find out who "James W Dewit" actually is, but noone has been able to help me. Because as i remember, the guy i shot at was 100% wearing Volki clothing. So obviously, if i killed a Volki member, then it wasn't KoS as me and my clan had KoS on Volki.

Guest neom

James w dewit is me, and I was not wearing volki clothing, just to clear that matter up

I was wearing this

wuf2np.jpg

Guest wulfhorn

James w dewit is me, and I was not wearing volki clothing, just to clear that matter up

I was wearing this

wuf2np.jpg

Looks very similar to the Volki clothing. But thanks for clearing it up.

About your concern of the kill logs, we did some testing last night. AS VAL is one hit kill pretty much, no matter where you hit. Also we got similar hit/kill logs as was the case in this report. There is the hit log from the weapon/shooter, but the kill log from exact same second doesn't show the weapon/shooter.

About the skin and the miss identification. You gambled and you lost. Simple as that.

Appeal denied