Server time (UTC): 2022-05-23 02:11

DayZ Mod or DayZ Standalone?

• Emerald

Right now the mod is better in my opinion.

• Emerald

Mod all the way . Standalone was hyped too much and it's very buggy.

• Sapphire

Standalone will be better than the mod (eventually maybe?) so yeah, I prefer the mod over standalone at the moment. Like it is said, standalone is in Alpha so I understand that people like mod more than SA.

Mod > SA

• Titanium

Standalone

Standalone will be eventually be better than the mod to ArmA 2 for various reasons. (Better AI pathfinding, upgraded engine with wider features and possibilities.) The Standalone will also have mod support which I'm definitely eager to see what the community will create.

So yeah, eventually we'll see something like the Epoch mod (as an example) to the standalone

• Sapphire

Mod, always!

• MVP

The Standalone wins for the future.

At the moment though, The Mod has done a great job for us, and in all fairness Arma's engine allows for some pretty neat RP features.

But, as I said, the SA will definitely be more flexible for RP when it's finally finished.

I love SA, in terms of graphics, items, storage methods, and general controls.

But I prefer the mod, due to stability, whitelist, personalized tables and enforced rules.

When we combine the two, it will be heaven for me.

Guest John Le Bear

In their current state the Mod gets my vote, simply because I can play it easily without encountering numerous bugs, trolls and KoSers.

In the future, I dare to say standalone, but I do not have too much faith in it. They seem to be focusing on adding 20 different colour variations of clothing, rather than focusing on core game mechanics, so im skeptical to what the final product will be like. Only time will tell I guess.