Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 03:02

New PC

Buck99

Alright so im sorta new to pc gaming and im looking at getting a new gaming pc dont say I should go and build my own because that is not an option for me right now Ive got two pcs that im choosing between unless theres somthing thats better for about the same price

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xps-desktop-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive/2988033.p?id=1219085426536&skuId=2988033&st=pcmcat287600050002_categoryid$abcat0501000&cp=1&lp=4

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/desktop-8gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive/6979823.p?id=1218818465504&skuId=6979823&st=pcmcat287600050002_categoryid$abcat0501000&cp=1&lp=15

I would like some of your opinions on which one is better

• El Presidente

dont say I should go and build my own because that is not an option for me right now

You should go and build your own PC. Like, really.

:trolldance:

To be honest, they both kind of suck, if I were you I'd save up the money I have and wait until I can buy a proper mid-range PC instead of going for a low-end ones like these.

If you're still not convinced, I'd go for Dell, simply because the case is quite nice and not ridiculously vulgar like the iBUYPOWER.

dont say I should go and build my own because that is not an option for me right now

You should go and build your own PC. Like, really.

:trolldance:

To be honest, they both kind of suck, if I were you I'd save up the money I have and wait until I can buy a proper mid-range PC instead of going for a low-end ones like these.

If you're still not convinced, I'd go for Dell, simply because the case is quite nice and not ridiculously vulgar like the iBUYPOWER.

I could prolly save up some more but I cant build one right now otherwise I would of already built one

Another pc that I could stretch for: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/essentio-desktop-12gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive/3026586.p?id=1219086172072&skuId=3026586&st=pcmcat287600050002_categoryid$abcat0501000&cp=1&lp=1

Again not the greatest system.

You can use sites like dinopc or equivalent to pick your parts and they'll put them together and ship it. This way you can get the parts you need to run the things you want.

you can make a better rig if you made it yourself and you a free to upgrade it at later date should you like to make improvements. It is not as hard as some people think to make a good gaming pc.

AMD are really good systems to make for people on a budget these days combining an APU with a midrange GPU will go along way towards performance.

there is alot of members in this community that would gladly help you pick out your parts and offer any guidance needed when assembling the system including myself

The problem I see is all of those run win 8.

That's not good for a gaming PC. I've herd 8 has a lot of issues. Most devs program with 7 in mind.

I bet you could find a local computer store that builds PC. I really think it's worth it to have win 7.

That's not good for a gaming PC. I've herd 8 has a lot of issues. Most devs program with 7 in mind.

I bet you could find a local computer store that builds PC. I really think it's worth it to have win 7.

Ive not been able to find any pre builts with win 7 on them at all but ive asked my dad and he said he owns a copy of windows 7 that on a disk or somthing but ive heard you have to have a key or somthing to use it?

• Emerald

Really ? :D I installed windows 8 and everything runs better for me. It's much faster to boot up and I get more frames on windows 8 with no problem.

Ok windows 8 does get alot of hate but if you have all the drivers installed correctly and compatible hardware/software windows 8 and 8.1 have been seen to benift gaming

What I may do is just get a new processor and graphics card for my pc and save up some more

My current pc: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02498967-10%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&ja

EDIT: Wrong link sorry :P New one up there ^

my pc dosnt show full specs on it for some reason or another after getting rid of a rootkit virus so gott to post a link to the specs

• Emerald

I actually find Windows 8 much faster. Also, I don't find it that much more harder to use, development wise. That said, I haven't done anything to do with developing on Windows 7.

Buck, I noticed that you said you could, 'stretch' to the Asus Desktop, which is $1,000. If you can stretch to that much, check out these PC's. The specs on some of the are well, pretty amazing. And, all for the price in which you claim you can stretch to.

This here is $1342.64. Slightly out of your budget, however, it's specs are rather good.

Have a look at those, and see what you think. There are a variety of PC's on that website and many within your budget. Also the cases, literally all of the cases are Corsair, they're beautiful.

Ok windows 8 does get alot of hate but if you have all the drivers installed correctly and compatible hardware/software windows 8 and 8.1 have been seen to benift gaming

I have both. I just find it always to be a bit more of a hassle in 8. It will still run eventually, it just takes more time if you are not using a ready made platform (like steam). Even then, I've had some wired things come up that have only ever happened in 8.

on topic: Upgrading the memory and graphics card might be the best bet.

Just make sure your computer's power supply can handle it.

I have used both and i also used 7 in a technical role but i would never go back.

8/8.1 has its ups and downs but IMO is far better

I suppose it's a non issue. It is like Vista in my mind. If you can avoid it, do so. It's my own bias I suppose.

I'm sure 9 will be great ;)

• Emerald

exactly ^ also im not looking for something that will run Crysis 3 on 90 frames just something to get me good performance in games but not over kill

My specs are

Quad I7 (Bit outdated now though)

GTX 770

8 GB ram

There are probably other stuff I can tell you, but im not really good with this kind of thing, but I run Crysis 3 on max at roughly 45 FPS. I suppose that doesnt really help you but thats how well I run it. Crysis 3 on 90fps is pretty damn demanding, 45-60FPS is more than the human eye can process anyway so from that point on-wards you wont see much improvement

• Emerald

You should really tell people your price range, much easier to help you then :)

My specs are

GTX 770

8 GB ram

There are probably other stuff I can tell you, but im not really good with this kind of thing, but I run Crysis 3 on max at roughly 45 FPS. I suppose that doesnt really help you but thats how well I run it. Crysis 3 on 90fps is pretty damn demanding, 45-60FPS is more than the human eye can process anyway so from that point on-wards you wont see much improvement

That theory is proven to be wrong as the human eye doesn't see in FPS. :) The more frames the better :P

• Emerald

You should really tell people your price range, much easier to help you then :)

My specs are

GTX 770

8 GB ram

That theory is proven to be wrong as the human eye doesn't see in FPS. :) The more frames the better :P

My bad I was thinking of resolution for some reason, but there is a limit where you don't really need insanely high FPS, 60fps will be just as enjoyable as 90fps.

• Emerald

My bad I was thinking of resolution for some reason, but there is a limit where you don't really need insanely high FPS, 60fps will be just as enjoyable as 90fps.

Well, yeah. You can enjoy a game at 40 fps. DayZ doesn't really require high fps to play. Competitive games such as battlefield, you get an advantage depending on the amount of fps you get. It will be much smoother and better to aim at 90fps rather then 60.

I don't really know the details, so I won't be discussing this, although I would love to :P

• 3 weeks later...

- NVIDIA GTX 770 2GB

- Intel Core i5 4570 CPU

- 8GB 1600MHz Memory

- 120GB Samsung EVO SSD

- 1TB 7200RPM HDD

- Upgraded CPU Air Cooling

- ASUS H81 Chipset Motherboard

- 600W Corsair CX Power Supply

- DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW

- Microsoft Windows 8.1

those parts for $1,259 would that be worth buying?