Server time (UTC): 2022-05-24 21:29

Would a French Foreign Legion clan be interesting to you?

I was searching for an original clan idea, not a generic Russian, communist (but never really truly communist), or US Military/PMC based clan. And I thought about the French Foreign Legion, we would say simple words in French, and speak mainly with French accents, and because we are French, seem like we are omnipotent, yet lose every fight. I think it would be very interesting, anybody else.

On a side note, I have not been here in a while, and have forgotten the navigation of the forums since it has changed greatly. If this post is in the wrong place, can someone please move it to its proper place.

Good idea since the legion is "deployed" pretty often where the french army is. Though in the foreign legion, like the name says it, there's LOTS of foreigners, poles and russians are very common to come accross in the legion, even some ranked officers are foreigners, they teach them french at place so i don't know if the french accent's a good idea.

I was searching for an original clan idea, not a generic Russian, communist (but never really truly communist), or US Military/PMC based clan. And I thought about the French Foreign Legion, we would say simple words in French, and speak mainly with French accents, and because we are French, seem like we are omnipotent, yet lose every fight. I think it would be very interesting, anybody else.

On a side note, I have not been here in a while, and have forgotten the navigation of the forums since it has changed greatly. If this post is in the wrong place, can someone please move it to its proper place.

I believe there used to be a Gendarmerie and or French Foreign Legion in DayzRP, but can't really remember

• MVP

An original idea, started by me. Long time ago... :D

• MVP

How about a something from the Chinese Military? Don't think I have seen a Chinese based clan before (I may be wrong). It would make sense with China being so close to Russia (in RL). Could also provide some interesting RP with the Dragons.

Guest MARTiN

How about a something from the Chinese Military? Don't think I have seen a Chinese based clan before (I may be wrong). It would make sense with China being so close to Russia (in RL). Could also provide some interesting RP with the Dragons.

How about Chetniks? Could fit with the lore since they have helped Russia or vice versa idk.

And why not the cossacks :D ?

• Emerald

Yes it would, if you kept the insane discipline of it I believe it would work.

If lightning follows the path of least resistance, why doesn't all lightning strike in France?

Hehe

Sorry if it was unoriginal, I haven't looked through many clans, what happened to it? I'd like to make my mediocre French skills useful for once...

How about Chetniks? Could fit with the lore since they have helped Russia or vice versa idk.

And why not the cossacks :D ?

COSSACKS! YES! We need them, or at least some true communists, all the "communist" clans do is steal from others and practice horrible Russian accents. If they were true communists, after stealing from them, they would give them something in return of equal or higher value, and then show them what part of society their "reacquired" belongings are being used towards, and the benefit that they have provided towards their cause.

• Emerald

I created a Chinese military group awhile back but sadly did not have the time to commit to it fully.

I have some great resources if you want them, entire websites for propaganda and posters, I can send the back story and the links if you would like them.

• MVP

I created a Chinese military group awhile back but sadly did not have the time to commit to it fully.

I have some great resources if you want them, entire websites for propaganda and posters, I can send the back story and the links if you would like them.

I'm good thanks, I'm where I want to be clan wise. It was just a suggestion :)

• Emerald

Would be interesting to see this. I don't think I've seen any French nationals in RP for some time now.

• Sapphire

You can be legion but don't be the Bandit legion like before :troll:

They get kicked and slapped the france honor they deserve.

And are more slaves of the army who follow every order.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Emerald

I'm living in France, so if ever this goes through and you need some help, let me know.

Here's how the French military, basically, works now:

- You have the basic French Military (L'armée).

- You have the Gendarmes (Police force, with higher ranking, and military training, they are considered militarys).

- La Légion Etrangère, the French Legion if you wish, this is mostly composed of non french citizens wishing to join the french Army, they tend to be better trained and sent on more "discrete" missions world wide.

I think the legion would be the best choice if you wish to add this into Chernarus :)

• Game Master

An original idea, started by me. Long time ago... :D

I had to quote this.

For the OP: yes it was an awsome and very interesting idea baxk in the days.. ;)