Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 03:58

Adding different L85's

Corks

• Emerald

I saw that there was no L85 without Iron sights in game, the iron sights in game are really nice so I was wondering why not add more l85's. In this weapon pack there is multiple L85's/Sa80's which would add more realism, because I am sure their would not only be susat, acog and holo L85's so it would make more sense if there was more of them. Here is the link to the page. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11513

I was wondering what does the community think of this.

I'm sorry if this has been suggested before I searched it and could not find anything.

• Emerald

*ahem* the L85 is a British weapon. ;)

As for weapon optics, prior to the later stages of the war in Afghanistan, the SUSAT was standard issue to all frontline troops. Ironsights were only really given to troops who would rarely stray away from bastion, they also tended to be dished out to recruits on training, reservists or naval personnel based on ships. ACOG and the more recently the Elcan has more or less completely replaced the SUSAT. Just something to consider if anyone wanted to know if adding more variants was needed.

• Emerald

Wouldn't mind this.

+1

• Diamond

More western weapons ... uhm ... eh ... mh ... no :P

I mean a wider variety of western rifles would be cool actually ;) I personally hate the weapon and think it's horrible, and I also heard they are a bitch to maintain compared to a good old AK, but yea ... why not I suppose.

• Emerald

Yeah. I shoot L85 competition level and the iron sights are good and would be good to be able to use them in game.

• MVP

+1, L85 would be nice to see, make it rare though.

The majority sound be eastern weapons (for obvious reasons) but a few L85's, M16's and M4's could make there way to Chernarus after all there are lots of clans from different countries here and they could have brought their own weapons.

• MVP

Defo up for this, I would also like to add the m16 pack which gives more m16s

Hell yeah for those M16s!

And these scrawny L85s...

• Sapphire

+1 L85 is a sweet weapon.

• Sapphire

L85 or riot

:troll:

+1, L85 would be nice to see, make it rare though.

The majority sound be eastern weapons (for obvious reasons) but a few L85's, M16's and M4's could make there way to Chernarus after all there are lots of clans from different countries here and they could have brought their own weapons.

From what I read of the patch notes there will be a new re-work of the loot cycle to make it so you are more likely to find civilian weapons instead of military, therefor making these types of weapons rare is already in the works.

• 1 month later...
  • Emerald

Really like this +1

• Emerald

+1 I love the L85's in this pack. Adds a bit more of a variety.

• Emerald

*slaps James repeatedly for necroing a thread*

Two months man...let it die with honor.

*slaps James repeatedly for necroing a thread*

Two months man...let it die with honor.

But It was a constructive bump :(

Ill let it die now :(

Good Bye L85 Iron Sight *cries*