Server time (UTC): 2021-01-27, 07:32
Sign in to follow this  
MAXI

Whats your current PC setup?

Ha you guys would cry if you had to play dayz like me my current set up is a lap top i have a I5-2450m cpu @ 2.50GHz and 6 GB of ram with just a stock graphics card hahaha some servers i get 10 FPS other servers i get about 25 FPS i think playing with such bad FPS now will make it that much better once i get my new pc going.. my new pc is going to have a AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8 Core cpu some crucial ballistix elite Ram 16GB DDR3 1866 and a GTX 760 4GB i got some good deals on these parts so my total cost of new pc will be just around $1,100 im excited to finally be able to enjoy pc gaming.

get some 1600mhz ram, you won't notice a difference and unless you are doing some video editing 16gb wont do anything either. By the way before you go with this purchase you may want to look at the intel cpu's as arma/dayz does favor strong single core performance (if you want to talk about this more you can pm me).

Anyways to answer your question, i am running a gtx 770, i5 4670k at 4.2ghz,ssd setup with 8gb 1600mhz memory (cbf getting technical).

Guest magw33d

Upgrade the ram and you're on to a winner. I would also recommend investing in an SSD, you will see a notable increase in performance.

8ds37.png

My spec, a solid 60fps at all times.

I have my pc on my desk in front of my window with a lot of garbage around it.

Guest MARTiN

8dviV.png

Going with a Deathadder 2013 & Blackwidow 2013 and a Corsair Vengeance 2100.

Usually have alot of garbage around me like atleast 2 rolls of toilet paper incase i... spill shit and atleast 1-2 glasses. Eventhough im from Sweden, there is no snus on my desk :) oh and the most important, a picture of Rolle.

But your computer looks good, atleast the one youre getting, imo i would go for Intel, i havnt had so good experience with AMD + arma, i used to have a AMD phenom II x6, didnt run so well with Arma, and as far as i know Arma is more CPU than GPU. And not sure why, even though Arma is on my SSD, i still get slow roadblocks.

Also 16gig of rams is unnecessary if you are just going to game on your computer, i would say 8gig is better, but man, thats up to you :)

An old i7 clocked at 2.9Ghz and an AMD 7970, runs this mod well on very nice graphics (considering I used to have to downscale the 3d resolution to play above 20 fps), and Planetside 2 at 60 fps on High graphics (apart from the biggest of battles when it drops to 40). Nothing fancy, but I love my machine.

Keyboard + Mouse: Razer Lycosa + Razer Naga MMO mouse (mapped with all the Arma 2 functions :D )

c002c7470a2708d11919ac9a4ac984a6.png

Its not the best setup in the world, but i get a solid 40-60 frames while on DayZ, and it runs all the other games i own smoothly as well.

Edit, Yes i know that those CPU temps are over the top, Its a thermal paste issue that i will be resolving soon.

I would post my specs, but I'm kind of embarrassed?

jsujcgp.png

It's pretty cool, regarding it's been turned on for around 24 hours :P

I've ordered a new SSD for my OS, and possibly to put ArmA on.

I have my PC on my desk, next to my TV (which I use as my monitor) and my -unused- PS3 on the other side. As well as a few cups/plates :D

Guest VaxtArts

jsujcgp.png

I have my PC on my desk, next to my TV (which I use as my monitor) and my -unused- PS3 on the other side. As well as a few cups/plates :D

Whats the program to get all the information? :D

jsujcgp.png

You can download it here.

Or Google 'Speccy' :D

Guest VaxtArts

jsujcgp.png

rldSfqZ.png

Theres mine :D Just got a new case so transferred everything in to that and also added a 2tb hard drive in the meantime as im going to start recording videos for youtube and just for extra random storage! Planning on getting a new CPU and SSD soon! :)