Server time (UTC): 2021-01-20, 13:06
Sign in to follow this  
Voedric

ARMA II Harvest Red

I was thinking about playing the original ARMA II campaign but id like all of your opinions on it. Is it worth it to play?

It's alright - a few missions are boring as hell and last for a while. But some are okay, I'd give the campaign 7/10 - it's alright, but it's a lot of driving, running, and sometimes you play this mode where you make a base and what not - give it a shot.

My opinion? Hell no, The AI can fuck it up a lot (Flying into trees) It isn't too difficult, quite dull.

I did enjoy the last part however, where you get to control your own army

Thinking about it, you can play random missions by using a cheat to unlock them all.

Cheat Codes Here

Oh, And If you're going to play it, I suggest getting some friends, Cause you will probably go insane from all the silence.

I just wanted to play it to get a better understanding of the backstory behind South Zagoria and Chernarus.

If you dont mind the awful AI then go for it. I personally thought it was awful and the voice acting isn't the best either, but thats expected when the voice acting is done by the same developers that made the game :D If you want to play a campaign than you should check out the ARMA 3 one, I heard people enjoyed that one more, even though the AI is just as wonky as in A2, although A2 is worse.

As someone that has played and finished the Arma 3 campaign, I'd say it is a lot better than the campaigns in Arma 2, The story is much better, The AI behaves better (Still crap but better) And you get side-objectives that you can complete in between the main missions that can change the outcomes of the missions.

The only downside I have with it is the annoying as hell '1 save per mission' thing. It might get really frustrating having to restart the whole mission because the thing you did before saving wasn't exactly correct

The ArmA III campaign had a budget with its fancy intro cinematic and everything, but it falls under the same impression all ArmA campaigns go for me in the fact that they feel unfair. The AI is just too bad to really get into it IMO. MP is the only way to play ArmA

Give it a try... it's not that shitty but the game play in general is long and boring...