Server time (UTC): 2021-01-28, 12:42
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Shepherd

Ruleplaying - 3 Days

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-s1-rdm-stary

Why the verdict is not fair:

Allow me quote and reply. (Quote from Toorrik)

Overall we find that the kill itself was legitimate, If my friend had just been run over, I would want to confront and hurt the people responsible. However If Franz and Icy didn't ICly state to you that they had ran your friend over, you would've been charged with KOS.

So, our problem with this situation was how it was played out.

You simply took the fact you had KOS rights and used them with little to no roleplay involved.

Little to no roleplay involved.

Myself and Worsley confronted them as soon as it happened, we spoke with them for a little under 5 minutes, WE did all the rp, they ran around looking for the body without even apolagising, not once did they say "Oh im sorry" i replied once with "Are you not even going to fucking apolagise" to which one of them winged "Yes he did loads of times" but no, he did not.

Both Icy and Franz attempted to roleplay with you, apologised for the mistake, even helped you collect the gear and you just gunned them down with no bothers given. That is not roleplaying.

They did not attempt to rp, myself and worsley were creating the conversation. They did not apolagise. No they did not help us collect gear, where did this come from? No mention of gear was said during the incedent. Of course we would gun them down, he killed one of my 'Lads'.

Roleplay is a two way street, it requires both parties willing to put in effort to make something enjoyable. Icy and Franz put in this effort and you gave none back in return. Do you think that the evening was enjoyable for them?

We showed the effort, they ran around in circles and replied short answers when asked. Enjoyable or not, they killed one of my 'Lads' they are not necessarily going to enjoy the consequences.

This is a roleplaying community, we expect... no we demand that everyone roleplays. If you do not want to roleplay, you shouldn't be here.

Its a bit harsh saying we shouldnt be here, like come on where is that needed? We played by the rules with RP. They have no proof of their "effort" as you state numerous times.

"Ruleplay" is not stated anywhere in the rules.

Basically, myself and Worsley were banned for following the rules.

8cafE.jpg

Yes i do know this is a roleplay server, but we were banned for following the rules shown to us, how are we supposed to know "ruleplay" is a ban-able offence if not stated?

Unless i am missing it?

People have shot others straight off the bat if someone says get away from my car or i will shoot you. What happened to them?

I do not mean to be offence in anyway here, i am just expressing my opinion.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

Our friend Peter Delta Jones was ran over by a vehicle which was intersecting the road from the grass, Delta attempted to get out of the way where the GAZ just stick to accelerating, no effort was made to stop. Just because he shouts "OH!" IG does not mean it was an accident. I could straight off the bat with intent to kill run someone over shout "OH!" and pretend i had desync and get away with it.

Accident or no accident, the action was Franz and Icy murdering our "lad". The reaction to that action was death. We roleplayed the lead up to their death. They had little to no "sorrow" towards murdering our friend. The verdict is completely biased towards myself and Worsley.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

I would like there to be 2 possible outcomes.

1) A reduced or complete pardon of the ban given to myself and Worsley.

2) If option 1 is out of the question, i would like Worsleys ban & warning points transferred on top of my charges, Worsley followed my order to shoot on my word. He followed this order thus resulting in his charge.

I will gladly take my ban as well as worsleys resulting in a 6 day with 66% warning points. It was not his fault, he followed my command.

What could you have done better?:

Like stated, we could have taken them hostage but it was unnecessary.

If someone ever ran over my kid for instance, i would want to tear his face apart on the spot, i would not waste my time talking or "torturing" him.

It was completely roleplay compatible.

Thank you taking the time to read this ban appeal.

You state that you were banned for following the rules. You were charged under this particular rule, pay careful attention to the last sentence.

0911e94495.png

2) If option 1 is out of the question, i would like Worsleys ban & warning points transferred on top of my charges, Worsley followed my order to shoot on my word. He followed this order thus resulting in his charge.

I will gladly take my ban as well as worsleys resulting in a 6 day with 66% warning points. It was not his fault, he followed my command.

This is highly unlikely. We do not do this.

Please state to me how myself and Worsley ignored any roleplay?

It says stay true to your character backstory. The Lads are cold hearted bastards.

We roleplayed the lead up to our aggravation leading in their death.

We had KoS rights, we roleplayed it out.

Guest worsley

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-s1-rdm-stary?pid...#pid625194

Why the verdict is not fair:

Ok I would like to state my side now. firstly my actions were exactly the same as Ryan here so I would like to remain with him on this one if the ban is to stay then I stay with my fellow 'Lad'.

Secondly and again please don't think i'm trying to be rude but the decision on this report has come from 'here say' no actual evidence has been provided on there side, We did role play with Franz and Icy we role played as angry men who had just lost a fellow 'Lad', Like Ryan has said we got little to no response.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I agree maybe we could of initiated on Franz and Icy but in the heat of the moment our characters were angry so we chose to execute them on the spot, I feel we have been Judged unfairly here, You see in the video Delta getting ran over, that is classed as legit yet you ban us for avenging his death as any person would do. The ban has come from rule play when theirs no evidence to actually back it up. Again please don't take this as i'm trying to be a dick here because I love this community and I know all the staff work hard to make it a enjoyable fair game for us all but this ban is totally unfair 3 day ban/ban strike/character reset for me and Ryan.

I honestly believe we were in the right doing what we did we ran to Franz and Icy and said "did you just run over our friend" and the response was "he ran out in front of us" there was no "sorry" no "we will help you get his gear" nothing.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

I would like the bans to be removed from me and Ryan or at least reduced due to the lack of evidence. Also the ban strike and the character reset to be reconsidered.

What could you have done better?:

We could of role played the situation out more also executed them rather than killing them as we did, As i said it was the heat of the moment and our characters were angry

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Verdict

Appeal Rejected.

Explanation

While normally running someone over would transfer KoS rights. This is not the case if the victim significantly contributed to his or her own death. Historically this has been the case because certain people had tried this strategy to try and bait KoS rights. For obvious reasons this is not acceptable. But even in cases of not purposeful negligence it is hardly fair for the drivers to be killed without significant RP and a fitting execution.

From your testimony it seems to RP was not significant enough to justify calling this a well RPed execution. Some of your own words that led us to this conclusion include:

We showed the effort, they ran around in circles and replied short answers when asked. Enjoyable or not, they killed one of my 'Lads' they are not necessarily going to enjoy the consequences.

Little to no roleplay involved.

Myself and Worsley confronted them as soon as it happened, we spoke with them for a little under 5 minutes, WE did all the rp, they ran around looking for the body without even apolagising, not once did they say "Oh im sorry" i replied once with "Are you not even going to fucking apolagise" to which one of them winged "Yes he did loads of times" but no, he did not.

I do disagree with the definition of the punishment, I would not have personally called it 'rule-play' if the pedestrian purposefully let himself get killed then I would have agreed with the definition. However as this does not appear to be the case it seems to be a case of RDM because while not purposeful the pedestrian did contribute to his death and as such KoS rights were not justified. Although I do understand the reasoning behind the original description, you took advantage of a situation that you really should not have considering what actually happened. Considering the punishment severity I do not think any further action is warranted.

Outcome

No Action Taken.