Server time (UTC): 2022-05-28 12:52

Ban Appeal - WarMachine

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-rp1-killed-whilst-complying-stary-fields-15-04-2014-20-30?page=2

Why the verdict is not fair:

I believe that the verdict was not fair as it is simply the rules fault for not being as clarified on what I can do. In the rules, it states nothing about not firing at the initiators after the fact of the robbery as I had witnessed the whole thing. Also in the rules it is under the KOS rules which I do not think it should be under there as it is almost looks like it gives a full KOS for the full 2 hours which is a very confusing factor. The rule confused me much and I believe should be clarified much more on what I can do in this situation. No where does it say that I cannot shoot after the fact that the robbery has been done.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I was on Stary Hill as I saw the initiation happen. Therefore it did not make me hear anything which was going to happen and what they were saying. I did not know anything of what was going to happen and decided to use good samaritan to help the victim. When I was trying to save the victim I began taking fire causing me to come under a lot of frustration to try to save the victim. I waited for a bit to try to let the victim get away so that he will be able to escape with his life and making the victim be killed as I was trying to help and risked my life for the victim.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

Ban and Warning Points removed or lowered

What could you have done better?:

Not Have used good samaritan

• El Presidente

Why the verdict is not fair:

I believe that the verdict was not fair as it is simply the rules fault for not being as clarified on what I can do. In the rules, it states nothing about not firing at the initiators after the fact of the robbery as I had witnessed the whole thing. Also in the rules it is under the KOS rules which I do not think it should be under there as it is almost looks like it gives a full KOS for the full 2 hours which is a very confusing factor. The rule confused me much and I believe should be clarified much more on what I can do in this situation. No where does it say that I cannot shoot after the fact that the robbery has been done.

The rules usually specify what you can't do, not what you can do. They are also very broad and cannot possibly cover every single situation that might happen, you cannot blame the rules for your misunderstanding in this case.

I think it's pretty self-explanatory that the good samaritan is to be used when someone is in custody of the robbers, as the main point of this rule is to allow you to save the victim. Someone who has been released from the custody does not need saving and the good samaritan rule no longer applies.

We will be changing the wording on this rule, as some grammatical errors are present and it is not as descriptive as we want it to be. This will however not change how the rule currently works or how it will work in the future.

What could you have done better?:

Not Have used good samaritan

... or used it properly :)

• MVP

It seems like you mix up the Samaritan rule with the revenge timer.

The Samaritan rule is there for giving you the option to save a stranger while being robbed.

Save him from being executed etc.

However, in this scenario you used the GS-rule when the victim of the robbery was already on its way away from the robbers.

The only thing you managed to do in this case was putting the victims life at risk.

Always when using the GS-rule you will be putting the victim at a risk, but in this case it was totally unnecessary to start shooting at SDS.

This is a very good example on when NOT to use the Good Samaritan rule.

Next time you are in a similar situation: Wait for the victim to come to you, take contact and IF the victim wants to, make up a plan on how to revenge the robbery.

But remember that you in this case are forced to initiate before commit hostile actions.

Ban will hold.