Server time (UTC): 2022-05-28 13:00

Is there an actual difference between high end snipers and low end?

I never understood this, beside the really best snipers around, SVD-M, DMR there is no much difference between a mosin and a M24 or any sniper.

Both do the same damage, Bolt action, zeroing on some (CZ)

Is there a actual difference in terms of stats that makes them better over the simplest of sniper rifles?

IMO and I guess others, the M24 is probably the most accurate of them all and the DMR is for the spam sniper guys who like to spam rapidly after missing the first 5 shots. At the end of the day a good PSO scope is your friend.. But if you feel comfy with a certain sniper/scope then use that.

PSO is without a doubt the best scope for long range, don't think people can argue, range finder and everything. But mildots don't really do much in terms of.... Anything, you kind of have to gauge your range with them and hope you land a chest shot and correct unless you have the range.

There is a way to range with the mildots, I my self am not sure on how to do that correctly but all you need to do is judge the distance, which is a skill you learn over time, you can also range out if you know how to read the map and your location.. Correct me if I am wrong but every square on the map when zoomed in is 100m, if you know where you are and where the target is you can count the squares to them, it will not be 100% accurate range (normally to the nearest 50m) but it is a estimate that you can fix with a follow up shot if you miss the first. The hardest sniper rifle to zero would be the CZ550, which if you can judge distance by eye or the map zeroing should be little to no problem.

• Emerald

"High End" snipers are rather more high tech than most of the "Low End" snipers, in fact most of the low end ones are hunting rifles rather than snipers. Also I'd assume they probably pack more of a punch (they do on regular DayZ, not too certain about the damage they do on DayZRP).

I never understood this, beside the really best snipers around, SVD-M, DMR there is no much difference between a mosin and a M24 or any sniper.

Both do the same damage, Bolt action, zeroing on some (CZ)

Is there a actual difference in terms of stats that makes them better over the simplest of sniper rifles?

Well a mosin is bolt action, the mosin is also far from a sniper, it's designed to be an all around combat rifle, also they couldn't make a rifle that could even dream of being as accurate as the ranges the m24 can reach, which is semi auto and an actual sniper.

• Sapphire

The short answer is no there isnt really a difference between "high end" and "low end" snipers the only major difference is bolt action and semi automatic and the type of magnification (mil dots and PSO or whatever its called).

Take the CZ550 for example this would be classed as "low end" its bolt action yet does the damage (i actually think it does more) as the SVD which one would consider "High end" yet in my experience the CZ550 is a lot easier to use and is more accurate based on my usage.

Would i take the CZ550 over an SVD me personally yes because i know i would actually hit with the CZ550

It all comes down to who is using it really "high end" weapons automatically become "low end" if you suck with them.

• MVP

Actually the CZ/Mosin/K98 all do less damage than both SVDs and western snipers. They are also generally slower firing and have much worse bullet drop off over distance.

That is the difference, they are hunting rifles, designed for medium range animals whilst the actual snipers are designed for long range incapacitiion shots.

Personally i find the M24 to work the best for me, i know the scope, i know i dont have as many bullets as a dmr, and i know i cant rapid fire so i take my time to get that one perfect shot. and if your using a sniper rifle, you generally dont want to be noticed before your target is dead. for the PSO scopes, i cant use them. all the snipers can be a one shot kill you just need to find the one that suits you.

• Sapphire

If you can snipe good you can snipe with any sniper.

If you only can snipe with a DMR or M24 you are below average.

Just practice.

• Emerald

If you can snipe good you can snipe with any sniper.

If you only can snipe with a DMR or M24 you are below average.

Just practice.

Snipe with normal mosin and binoculars and you are a great sniper.

There is alot of difference between the snipers, but that dosent make one sniper rifle better then the other. I like the CZ 550, because I have alot of practise with the scope. It all comes down to wich scope u prefer and have practise with.