Server time (UTC): 2022-05-26 08:07

Clans and bad luck...

To those of you actively involved in clan's, I ask: In the long run, was it worth it? By worth it, was the trade off of people to protect you worth the trade off of other clans wanting your's dead? I ask this because, I've tried since I started playing at DayZRP about 8 months ago to remain unaffiliated, remain neutral, watch my own hide, but since I started It seems to be a constant cycle that within 3-5 days of spawning I am robbed or killed by a hostile group, or I die due to some zambies, no matter how careful I am (It is a social game after all).

I feel like, maybe the problem is that I am trying to have a go at Chernarus alone, while everyone else is affiliated somehow.

Thoughts? I wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it wherever appropriate.

• Titanium

Being in clan is fun.Well you get into trouble pretty often but thats what makes it fun.

• Emerald

It streamlines everything. Makes everything quicker and more intense. So yes, I think it's helpful, especially for those who don't have the time nor patience to roam as a loner for days on end to stumble on decent roleplay or action.

• Emerald

DayZ is a cycle no matter how you play. Whether you are in a clan or all alone you are always going to get in fights and at some point you are always going to die.

DayZ is a cycle no matter how you play. Whether you are in a clan or all alone you are always going to get in fights and at some point you are always going to die.

Obviously, but I created a thread not to long ago asking how long their characters had been alive, and the general consensus was several weeks to months for the average. I want to say I am being impatient, and maybe rushing, doing stupid things in game, but I really am not. There's just something that's holding me back to this 3-5 day long cycle.

I haven't joined a clan since I joined DayZRP. Would it be fun to do so? Yes. However, there is a big trade off, as you had mentioned. I notice a string of small clans who only stick around for a few days/weeks, but Don't know if it is because they are robbed and killed too much.....

Having other clans who wants your dead is one of the fun part, you have to be on your guard and you will get a lot of action, and thats good. I like hostile rp, it feels more real and its funnier than ask people where they come from, why they are here etc.

But like Nykke said also. You must enjoy to play with your mate's and have a good time with them, thats the most important imo.

• Emerald

I think being in clans is more for the clan role-play and joining up with friends then for protection reasons.

As far as protection goes, it all depends. If your in a clan with only 8 or so people, your probably just as big of a target as you were before, unless at least 4 or so of your clan mates are on with you. If your in a much larger clan, you'll usually play when you get a group of guys on RP, so your more protected by sheer numbers. The type of clan your in also helps. If your in a hero clan, your probably more likely to be robbed because your actively against bandits. If your in a bandit clan, chances are your less likely to be robbed as the other bandit groups probably don't go after you as much, or if not that the group your in is at least one less group that would otherwise rob you.

I think the pro's of being in a clan outway the cons in general, not just protection.

Guest whitepointer

There will always be ways to avoid being robbed, you're just yet to discover and learn these ways.

What I will say can come across as 'odd', however I really recommend you stalk/follow individual(s) before approaching them. If they're talking within one another, they're probably a bunch men interacting with each other, a sign that all -should- be safe.

However, if they're just standing around and not interacting (on TS), be wary as it's most probably a clan. Of course not all clans have the intentions of robbing, i'm just stating that you should be wary, just incase.

In relation to this, there will always be exceptions to clans that take role play very serious (respect to them). Just use your wits and think smart, not lazy.

With that said, time and practice will come to light and you'll see results soon enough.

Dunno yet, joined B-17 but haven't played with them too much yet.

But I am advocating for less enemies so you don't have to be in fire fights all the time.

Before I just befriended a lot of clans so I didn't get robbed that much, I ran with a few so I got the clan experience, one reason I joined a clan is because it got confusing in fire fights if you're not in the clan.

• MVP

I think it depends on what kind of experience you want. I spent the best part of 8 months not being in a clan, then one came up that appealed to me (well my character) which was The Gray Fangs.

I also thought a change was needed so I wanted to join a clan and got lucky with the right clan starting up at the right time (thanks Reacher). Just to say I have not looked back, really enjoying being in a clan at the moment.

So it boils down to what kind of experience you want out of DayZRP. Try things out.

• Emerald

If you look at this like real life, surviving alone will just cause you to have a lower lifespan. As humans we need people. When we are alone we begin to go a little coo Coo. We may not see things we should, we may take a risk we normally wouldnt. And if we get injured noone is there to help.

So to survive successfully alone you must be a hunter. You must find a water source and boil water. You must accept whatever gear you find and make it work. You must avoid people. People you dont know equals danger. Also if people come around you must leave or hide. As for zombies avoidance is best as well. If you get hurt it could mean your life.

however if you have a group of friends to help you than who needs a clan. You have to be careful. You need to hold the rules above all else. You need to know how to initiate. You need to be able to record...cause clans record. Also you need to know which clans you can talk to without pissing off the others.

all in all I spent alot of time clanless...but much time with group. Its fun...your friends will mess up and get banned. Your group will mess with a clan that makes a report and you will feel like the whole server hates you. Just remember that its a discussion and those people argueing with you are all the other group. Dont fight and be calm. All will be well.

I think it depends on what kind of experience you want. I spent the best part of 8 months not being in a clan, then one came up that appealed to me (well my character) which was The Gray Fangs.

I also thought a change was needed so I wanted to join a clan and got lucky with the right clan starting up at the right time (thanks Reacher). Just to say I have not looked back, really enjoying being in a clan at the moment.

So it boils down to what kind of experience you want out of DayZRP. Try things out.

Yeah, that's another issue. I haven't found a clan that really speaks to me. I am at the moment writing a reply for the Free Agents page. I'm looking for a militaristic clan that doesn't require you to be in the military in game. IE: Training locals through military discipline and action. I want a military hierarchy, weekly "training" sessions and practice to better the skills would be great. And above all, a group of folks that play and talk OUTSIDE of Dayz Rp. That brotherhood factor could go a long way.

Thanks Joe, that was definitely a concern.

• MVP

I think it depends on what kind of experience you want. I spent the best part of 8 months not being in a clan, then one came up that appealed to me (well my character) which was The Gray Fangs. I also thought a change was needed so I wanted to join a clan and got lucky with the right clan starting up at the right time (thanks Reacher). Just to say I have not looked back, really enjoying being in a clan at the moment.

Yeah, that's another issue. I haven't found a clan that really speaks to me. I am at the moment writing a reply for the Free Agents page. I'm looking for a militaristic clan that doesn't require you to be in the military in game. IE: Training locals through military discipline and action. I want a military hierarchy, weekly "training" sessions and practice to better the skills would be great. And above all, a group of folks that play and talk OUTSIDE of Dayz Rp. That brotherhood factor could go a long way.

Thanks Joe, that was definitely a concern.

If you had the time you could always make the clan what you wanted and post it up for feedback. If you didn't want to run the clan you could always put the idea up for someone else to run if they are interested.

I'm sure you will find what you are after as there are lots of clans in this community. You never know someone might see this and give you a PM.

Best of luck!

• MVP

Being part of a clan totally beats solitary life.

Being part of a clan gives you objectives, helps you meet friends and also camaraderie between you and your clanmates!

• Titanium

I met my friends through joining a clan and from that we left and started our own.

I have ran as a mercenary for what, a bit less than a month now? I don't really get robbed, I don't die all that often due to enemies, and I still get quite a lot of roleplay to do.

You do have to know how to approach this, and never have any gear you value on you. Or simply not care about gear.

If it wasn't for the clan choices I have made I would have the friends I have now, it's worth all the OOC haters and ic drama and stuff to gain the friends you make along the way, some of the people I have met have turned into great friends that we are all meeting up irl

• Emerald

If it wasn't for the clan choices I have made I would have the friends I have now, it's worth all the OOC haters and ic drama and stuff to gain the friends you make along the way, some of the people I have met have turned into great friends that we are all meeting up irl

What Neom said. I'm happy that I joined 2isb all those months ago. if i hadn't i wouldn't have met a lot of these guys.

clans make everything better. you gain friends, loyalty and so much more.

I haven't joined a clan since I joined DayZRP. Would it be fun to do so? Yes. However, there is a big trade off, as you had mentioned.

Agreed.

I haven't joined one either since i'm here.

Running around as a loner has it's nice moments and you don't need a clan to give yourself an objective.

Actually, sometimes i find the ic-fighting between clans annoying, i mean, not the firefights but the verbal fights going on, even if they arent at a hostile stand.

Some(well, several) clans want to show that they are "boss" around where they are and by that, the members act often quite opposite to the "value of life" thing.

I mean, i'm going around as well, to the player hubs, whatever they are at the moment, i even got often ot stary or the NEAF but everytime i'm very careful as i/my character don't want to die.

I did die one time to a zombie hitting me unconcious in a city but not one time to a player nor did i had to kill anyone yet(wich is the base for my character talking people out of hostile situations).

Well, sometimes i even just put my tent down in the near of a busy spot and make a campfire so everyone can see it from afar but even then, even with one SDS-guy coming there, i didn't die whereas i assume if i would have been affiliated with a clan, my chances wherent so good.

So in my opinion it depends very much on your playstyle...and if you don't want to get into some clanwars, search for a clan like the Outpost Rangers or the Free Medics maybe?

I find it pretty easy to get along with clans and people on my own, just make sure you're carrying nothing too good and have some trust worthy friends who you can meet up with from time to time. Not going to lie being friends with DUTY got me out of a few pickles.

Hopefully you know what you want to get out of a clan before you join one. Make sure your play-style will work within the clan.

My personal example is that I absolutely hate being micromanaged (and will probably look at normal managing as micromanagement). That would get me in a lot of trouble with militant clans for sure.

Fortunately for me FM is very hands off.

• Emerald

I've enjoyed my time in BoS immensely! That being said, staying unaffiliated is great fun too. I miss the days where I could go to Prud and being able to friendly RP with most everyone there. I definitely meet more people as unaffiliated, but I've had much better experiences with being in a group. It's all down to personal play-style, do what you feeling!