Server time (UTC): 2022-05-24 20:57

Multiple IP's

Pugzii

Greetings!

I play from my University halls in the UK. I have flat mates who also want to play but they will obviously be connecting from the same IP (500 or so of us are linked via the same static IP)

Will this be an issue?

Matt

• MVP

Welcome to the community!

Hi, as far as I know you this has happened with a few people in the community and it seems to be ok. I'm not sure what the answer is but do the following:

1. Use the search function (I'm sure this has popped up before)

2. Message an admin with your question (They may answer it in the thread so give it some time before you PM them)

Hope this helps.

• MVP

I think what the issue is, is that you cannot make multiple accounts from the same IP. You can play the mod etc as you will all have different GUID's/PID's.

There have been cases where family members have been on the same IP etc and I'm sure there is a way of doing this but unfortunately I don't know what it is. Like I said if none of the staff comment in the near future message an admin.

Sorry I cannot help more.

• Emerald

Your friends wil have to go somewhere else to register.

Like a Starbucks with Wifi or something. Anywhere else that has a different IP. As long as you let us the staff know that there will be 2 accounts on the same IP, there wont be an issue.

• Legend

Oh hi. I'm working on this. Stand by.

Toorrik's suggestion is a good one. Both parts. We need to know if people are playing from the same IP ... it sometimes causes problems.

• Legend

How many people are we talking about here? If everyone's able to sign up using Starbucks or cell phones or whatever, that's best, but don't forget to let us know who you are.

Failing that, I think there's a way to short-circuit the timeout message.

• MVP

Give a list to the admins of the people who will be using the same IP, so that they are aware of this.

Best of luck!

Yeah there will be about 3 from my flat and then 2 more but they are not attached to this IP so it will not be an issue.

We will just register via WI-FI at Starbucks :)

Looking forward to applying and getting in-game.

Thanks guys.

PS: Which admin should I forward the list of players who will come from this IP to?

• MVP

I would say Sin, because he has already commented on this thread so he is already aware of it.

Oh and make sure its one person per Starbucks/free Wi-Fi spot.

• Legend

Yay. More work for me. Thanks Samaritan. <3 u ;)

Srsly tho Pugzii, I'll be happy to handle it.

• MVP

Yay. More work for me. Thanks Samaritan. <3 u ;)

Srsly tho Pugzii, I'll be happy to handle it.

Always happy to help :P

• MVP

To make it more easy, search for a free VPN or Proxy (google it, there's tons of them), it will be a lot easier than going to Starbucks for every one of you :D

Erm not a good idea, people have been banned for using VPN/Proxy servers. I don't think Rolle/staff likes people hiding their IP's.

(I think I'm right in saying this :))

To make it more easy, search for a free VPN or Proxy (google it, there's tons of them), it will be a lot easier than going to Starbucks for every one of you :D

Erm not a good idea, people have been banned for using VPN/Proxy servers. I don't think Rolle/staff likes people hiding their IP's.

(I think I'm right in saying this :))

Sometimes you don't have the choice.. Some campuses "block" students from playing games or visiting some very interesting pages if you know what i mean.. :D

Anyway, since it's just for applying, using a VPN or Proxy just for subscribing would be the same thing than going to a free wifi hotspot, just that you don't have to move your ass by going there :P

EDIT : Playing with a VPN is another thing, i understand very well if admins do not appreciate that idea too much.