Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 02:57

Damien Cross, 7 Day Ban , 10 points , Char reset for False report.

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-s2-1-31-58-bad-execution-and-kos?pid=622157#pid622157

Why the verdict is not fair:

I believe some other evidence was left out and I believe my penalty should be reduced in some way.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

Please do not take anything I say to offend anyone. After reading it I saw a few statements that may come off as something else but please re-read in the event that you believe that what I’m saying offends you. I have been civil this entire case and I wish it remain that way. Thank you.

After much thinking I had edited the post stating my POV to remove the charge of sexual RP. In the report you will see it when it was modified. And it should show it was before the verdict was made. I was going to make a post stating my recall of the accusation but felt due to the excessive size of the report and the warning given that I shouldn’t post anything unless it was new evidence. Because of how I was personally raised I take warnings very seriously and did not want to risk anything so I felt the editing of the post would be fine.

I’d also like to point out that at no point do I display any bad attitude with the party. I took part in adding evidence to the belief of a KOS, that is it. My evidence was given and I never removed it. I also never removed any previous posts. All my posts were strictly made to show evidence, confirm evidence made by others, answer questions, and even ask the parties to not post anything new unless it was new evidence.

Also in regards of it being a KOS. Since when is running away unarmed considered a threat? Based on what Sin had said the jury believed we had hostile intentions. Sure we wanted them dead because we were robbed and I got branded but who wouldn’t? But my character was taught how to survive and to survive you’ve got to know how to choose your battles. I wanted to run away I had no weapon so I wouldn’t have been able to do anything. If I had seen previous prisoners following me I would I checked to be sure it was them and see what weapons they had. From there I would have acted.

Before our great lord Papa Emeritus or any of the higher ups make their final decision I would like my questions to be answered first. I may have a question based on the response.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

Like anyone I would like to be unbanned. But I figure due to the circumstance that’s out of the question. If anything a simple penalty reduction would be fine. I feel being actually apart of a report helped me better understand how things work. I feel if anything this was a great learning experience.

What could you have done better?:

First off I should have used better judgment when asking if the accused had gone too far with their torture moment. Instead of talking to another player I should have spoke to someone at the help desk. I believe us running into them again was honestly bad luck. Had we not seen them a few minutes more I’m sure that would be the case.

Some of the information stated may be irrelevant at this point. After talking with GMs my biggest concern is getting my punishment reduced or lifted. Please ask me any questions you may have if you'd like a much clearer understanding of things.

Something I wanted to add, I clearly state that I wanted to leave the area and go to prude. I do not engage in combat I simply ran as fast as my feet could take me. Just wanted to be clear that I had valued my life over revenge and that survival was all I cared about.

• Legend

What are these questions you speak of? I so far fail to see any coherent defence against the ban.

Regardless when the GM/Admin team is available this will be decided.

My main defense is that I took part in the report to present evidence because I was a witness to what was believed to be an attempted KOS. If false reports were also given to people who present evidence wouldn't people then hesitate to bring evidence forth in fear of getting banned? If it's the case of me being being directly involved because of me being with the OP and being a part of the initial robbery then that doesn't seem fair as well.

I prefer to be with other players rather than go lone wolf. So naturally I stuck with them in the hopes of finding loot and increasing my chances of survival. I also believe that in this case I did nothing wrong.

I complied with my captors throughout the entire ordeal. I ran away from danger showing value for my life. I even came forward to saying that I had metagamed even though it did not effect the outcome of the events nor did it interfere with the robbery or torture.

Long story short I did everything literally by the Holy Book of DayZRP. The fact that the false report was based off the fact we traveled a short distance and had by chance ran into our captors seems a little much. All we had was a map and I'll be honest I don't know the northern area that well. I know the southern parts like the back of my hand but the moment I past Little Hill I'll never make it back unless I have a compass or I'm with someone who knows it better.

Also to add I believe there was a report recently that also talked about killing someone who is running away unarmed.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-rp1-killed-whilst-complying-stary-fields-15-04-2014-20-30

"Similarly, once the hostage/victim was released, SDS had no right to open fire on her since she was unarmed and not a threat."

This is a quote from the representative of the team that oversaw the case. We were running away when they saw us. The evidence will show it.

While these two events may seem differently we see the similarity that both victims are both unarmed and running away. While one is a case of Good Samaritan gone bad and the other deemed to be reason through not complying. I still see a similarity between the two.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

• Legend

Since when is running away unarmed considered a threat?

It's not. However, when CSR saw you again, it had been ten minutes since they let you go. You might have had a stash hidden nearby from which you rearmed yourselves. Some skins don't show backpacks. I'm not sure you can use the unarmed card here. But more importantly, you were found almost 180 degrees from where you were supposed to be. CSR warned you that they would kill you if you came back. From their perspective, you came back - even if what you really did was a big loop around. Whether this was due to disorientation or design doesn't matter. You were found in a place you had been directed away from under threat of death.

Since when is running away unarmed considered a threat?

It's not. However, when CSR saw you again, it had been ten minutes since they let you go. You might have had a stash hidden nearby from which you rearmed yourselves. Some skins don't show backpacks. I'm not sure you can use the unarmed card here. But more importantly, you were found almost 180 degrees from where you were supposed to be. CSR warned you that they would kill you if you came back. From their perspective, you came back - even if what you really did was a big loop around. Whether this was due to disorientation or design doesn't matter. You were found in a place you had been directed away from under threat of death.

Ok I can see how that makes sense. Now in regards to that it was never confirmed that they would kill us. I know that may be a bit nit picky but from the evidence shown that is never made clear. The fact that you never hear "you will be killed if you come back" which is never said nor is it typed. Before it had gone formal the community stated that "Border" was a very broad statement. Yes I agree the tree line thing was a strange thing to think but when I had saw that my fellow captives had stopped I impulsively did as well to talk with them. And at least get an idea of where we were.

I believe those that had robbed us did not properly give instructions. And it is clearly said in the rules that you need to be specific. They did such a fantastic job up till the end which seemed like utter laziness.

Run that way. Really? This is what I would have said or typed.

"You see your legs there? Well here's what I want you to do with them. Run in that direction, you are going to keep running until you reach a camp. Once you are there you can do whatever you fucking want."

"Now get running!"

The reason I say camp is because they originally wanted us to run to prud. Which wasn't the direction at all. And to be honest I don't think they knew where they sent us since the map they showed was wrong in so many ways.

Now I understand your statement on the backpacks thing was just an example but my skin does show a backpack if one is worn.(Its the standard survival clothing)

• Legend

Verdict

Appeal Denied.

Explanation

Along with the other members of your group you did not move any significant distance out of the area until it was already much too late. While in some circumstances I might be inclined to lessen your ban because you are the only one that seems to have made an earnest attempt to run to Prud and out of the area the fact that you also admit to meta-gaming makes us unwilling to lower your punishment.

Technically you could have been punished more severely for a combination of these infringements, but since you were completely honest we feel the original verdict was entirely appropriate.

Outcome

No Action Taken.