Server time (UTC): 2022-05-28 14:11

Suggestions involving loot/ loot distribution

As i have nothing to do for 30 mins ima just throw ideas around which i had sitting in my head for a while, they involve balancing loot and... stuff

1. Supply crates instead of crash sites

If anyone here played DayZ Battle royal, this is exactly what im talking about. I'm pretty sick of looking for these crash sites, common it's been ages since the apocalypse and on a daily basis they crash non stop around Chernarus.

How about having some sort of box, with mixed items from russian/western weaponry and medical supplies all in one to prevent this separation from western = good loot and russian crash sites that are at most... ok.

Also, as some do want smoking crash sites, some don't how about that some AI thing will be scripted which drops these crates with a parachute maybe from a osprey or a cargo aerial vehicle, this will give a audible indication of it spawning and some time to go on high grounds to spot the crate, with this also include a smoke grenade which will give a temporary indication for people in the close proximity of the crash site

This will not have zombies as there is no need for to be.

Also this may create conflict between groups of people. If two clans perhaps fight in order to loot this.

2. Helicopters

As i'm sure most of us would like to see them IG some way i thought i'll give it a try and give my opinion on how to balance them

1. Strictly transport helicopters - limited view for passengers and allot of seats. only the pilot who may be focused on... Flying but still would be able to spot loot and camps, that or the co pilot.

2. Forced first person - Self explanatory.

3. less resistant to hits, combined with rarer supplies such as main rotors and etc.. You all know how much the Mi 17 is built like a tank.

4. Non military in any way - No mounted weapons, no camo nothing to help concealing them or give them power in fights. They should have bright colors and be big in order for them to be easily spotted.

5. No auto hover - This way only expert pilots will be able to take off and land with them. The risk of crashing will be prominent.

6. less spawnrate - instead of spawning in the next restart or 2, how about they will only spawn on a weekly basis, well within a weekly basis so predicting the time of them spawning will be hard, therefore preventing the possibility that some people will each restart check X heli spawn to see if it will spawn, most people will give up.

3. Loot & Loot distribution

Every time you go to a barrack you find a AK74M lately, kind of sick of it. The odds of them spawning in with sights should be reduced in relation to the rest of the loot, which the spawning rate off should be reduced too. With this, in order to give traffic to other sections of the map, how about a barrack will be added in Zelenogorsk, and tents in Berezino (similar to the ones in Stary), and remove the barrack in NEAF, as it looks like a fairly civilian airfield.

The tents in Berezino and hospital, two super markets and industrial will give plenty of reason to go to the NE side of the map, the a barrack in Zelenegorsk will move some traffic towards that area. Also more tents resolve in abit more american basic loot which for some could be a breath of fresh air, as of now to get STANAG you must go to Stary and that's not a good at least how i see it.

I may add more later but im lazy atm, beside this is enough text for most people. So what do you guys think?

• Emerald

As i have nothing to do for 30 mins ima just throw ideas around which i had sitting in my head for a while, they involve balancing loot and... stuff

If anyone here played DayZ Battle royal, this is exactly what im talking about. I'm pretty sick of looking for these crash sites, common it's been ages since the apocalypse and on a daily basis they crash non stop around Chernarus.

How about having some sort of box, with mixed items from russian/western weaponry and medical supplies all in one to prevent this separation from western = good loot and russian crash sites that are at most... ok.

Also, as some do want smoking crash sites, some don't how about that some AI thing will be scripted which drops these crates with a parachute maybe from a osprey or a cargo aerial vehicle, this will give a audible indication of it spawning and some time to go on high grounds to spot the crate, with this also include a smoke grenade which will give a temporary indication for people in the close proximity of the crash site

Also this may create conflict between groups of people. If two clans perhaps fight in order to loot this.

2. Helicopters

As i'm sure most of us would like to see them IG some way i thought i'll give it a try and give my opinion on how to balance them

1. Strictly transport helicopters - limited view for passengers and allot of seats. only the pilot who may be focused on... Flying but still would be able to spot loot and camps, that or the co pilot.

3. less resistant to hits, combined with rarer supplies such as main rotors and etc.. You all know how much the Mi 17 is built like a tank.

4. Non military in any way - No mounted weapons, no camo nothing to help concealing them or give them power in fights. They should have bright colors and be big in order for them to be easily spotted.

5. No auto hover - This way only expert pilots will be able to take off and land with them. The risk of crashing will be prominent.

6. less spawnrate - instead of spawning in the next restart or 2, how about they will only spawn on a weekly basis, well within a weekly basis so predicting the time of them spawning will be hard, therefore preventing the possibility that some people will each restart check X heli spawn to see if it will spawn, most people will give up.

Every time you go to a barrack you find a AK74M lately, kind of sick of it. The odds of them spawning in with sights should be reduced in relation to the rest of the loot, which the spawning rate off should be reduced too. With this, in order to give traffic to other sections of the map, how about a barrack will be added in Zelenogorsk, and tents in Berezino, and remove the barrack in NEAF, as it looks like a fairly civilian airfield.

The tents in Berezino and hospital, two super markets and industrial will give plenty of reason to go to the NE side of the map, the a barrack in Zelenegorsk will move some traffic towards that area. Also more tents resolve in abit more american basic loot which for some could be a breath of fresh air, as of now to get STANAG you must go to Stary and that's not a good at least how i see it.

I may add more later but im lazy atm, beside this is enough text for most people. So what do you guys think?

1. Crash sites should stay as they make more sense RP wise than someone dropping supplies to Chernarus. Make them more random. Battle Royale/SurvivorGameZ shit don't really have room in DayZRP and would break the RP. I mean just no.

2. So all Military helicopters would have just disappeared and the military groups couldn't have taken control of some? In this section I only agree with 2,3,5,6 and partially 1.

3. It's too easy to find STANAG rounds in Stary but more rare to find a weapon that uses those rounds. I do agree that we should spread the loot around the map more. The area around Prud-Novy-Stary-NWAF is the only area you really see people these days. There would probably be more refugee/military camps on the western side of the map than the eastern or northern side as the CDF would have retreated that way towards the capital anyways.

See your point about the crash sites, but it's kind of repetitive looking for crashed helicopters, i personally can't see how they fit in dayzrp beside them being added into this mod to give you some high end loot.

Supply crates at least for me make abit more sense, if you saw the game dying light this could be the explanation, some faction who is trying to assist survivors.

With this i agree STANAG are common, but when you can only find them in one spot, the highest traffic area that makes it stupid, i honestly find more then 3 mags at a time only when you find a ammo crate (sadly common as hell) which give you 3-4 M203 of all types, 15 STANAG, and all types of western ammo, just OP imo.

About choppers it's not about how they fit in RP when it comes to realism, if we go this path then i can argue about the fact you can find a main rotor for a military chopper in some shed in a remote village, carry it on me to the chopper and fix it in seconds, after that refuel it with ordinary fuel which would not fit a normal chopper.

Having guns on them will give them a PvP aspect which should not be IG.

• MVP

See your point about the crash sites, but it's kind of repetitive looking for crashed helicopters, i personally can't see how they fit in dayzrp beside them being added into this mod to give you some high end loot.

Supply crates at least for me make abit more sense, if you saw the game dying light this could be the explanation, some faction who is trying to assist survivors.

With this i agree STANAG are common, but when you can only find them in one spot, the highest traffic area that makes it stupid, i honestly find more then 3 mags at a time only when you find a ammo crate (sadly common as hell) which give you 3-4 M203 of all types, 15 STANAG, and all types of western ammo, just OP imo.

About choppers it's not about how they fit in RP when it comes to realism, if we go this path then i can argue about the fact you can find a main rotor for a military chopper in some shed in a remote village, carry it on me to the chopper and fix it in seconds, after that refuel it with ordinary fuel which would not fit a normal chopper.

You do realise anmo boxes are common at all right?

They are equal rarity to a DMR at a heli crash, though obviously there are more tents than crashes

They are equal rarity to a DMR at a heli crash, though obviously there are more tents than crashes

Just today i found two, yesterday another one.

i guess im the only one

• MVP

Just today i found two, yesterday another one.

i guess im the only one

If I found two lapuas in one day it doesn't make them common.

• MVP

When you find them pretty much every time you check stary id call it common, could be luck but thats from my experience

Trust me, they REALLY aren't common.

Anyway derailing your thread - apologies

2. Helicopters

Every time you go to a barrack you find a AK74M lately, kind of sick of it. The odds of them spawning in with sights should be reduced in relation to the rest of the loot, which the spawning rate off should be reduced too. With this, in order to give traffic to other sections of the map, how about a barrack will be added in Zelenogorsk, and tents in Berezino (similar to the ones in Stary), and remove the barrack in NEAF, as it looks like a fairly civilian airfield.

I agree on everything +1.

But except 2. Forced first person - Self explanatory. -1

Couldn't agree more with pretty much everything you stated OP. Some of these changes would address many of the issues we have with regards to loot at the moment.

1: I really like the idea of replacing the helicopter crashes with supply crates, it's a really simple solution to a common immersion issue for many people. Why would there still be American helicopters being shot down almost 2 years after the infection broke out? Why would they even continue to send so many to be shot down?

2: I agree mostly with your points about helicopters, especially the removal of auto hover and forced first person, piloting a helicopter should take a level of skill and dedication that should make any confident pilot a rare breed in Chernarus. Also it would increase the risk factor of having a helicopter in the first place. Fuelling some IC fear with some OOC worry that it's possible to crash.

I'm not sure about some of the points regarding their camo etc. At the end of the day, they'd have to be pretty camouflaged to stay hidden for this amount of time. Maybe any helicopter with weapons could spawn without ammo and that ammo is made rare.

3: With regards to loot distribution I'd love to see less military grade loot, more civilian weapons and a better distribution of that loot across the map as you said. You're right that everyone is just in a cluster around Prud, Stary and the airfield. It makes Kotei Shima a pretty quiet place to be.

-wall of text-

Just wondering, why? It will make it so that in order to land and fly helicopters, you must have skill, and makes it difficult to scout for tents and vehicles with them.

-wall of text-

Just wondering, why? It will make it so that in order to land and fly helicopters, you must have skill, and makes it difficult to scout for tents and vehicles with them.

if they will going to make a first person view in cars then its fine but it wont be just in cars. It will be on characters as well and you will not going to be able to go in 3Rd person(while in character)

if they will going to make a first person view in cars then its fine but it wont be just in cars. It will be on characters as well and you will not going to be able to go in 3Rd person(while in character)

If what you are saying is that it is not possible to set first person only to some vehicles then it is, i've seen servers which have forced first person only on vehicles, cars, choppers and planes.

I agree with all of it and the loot distribution one seems like a good idea indeed. I do think there should be at least one helicopter with guns though and they should all be camouflaged. Maybe an Mi17 civ one? I also don't see how either, chopper crashes or supply drops make sense but we have to have one of them, right?

• MVP

I will point out that in the rolling changelog for 1.3.4 IS a rebalance of the loot towards less weapons and more civ ones.

I agree with all of it and the loot distribution one seems like a good idea indeed. I do think there should be at least one helicopter with guns though and they should all be camouflaged. Maybe an Mi17 civ one? I also don't see how either, chopper crashes or supply drops make sense but we have to have one of them, right?

What i was thinking about if you want to make RP sense from supply drops is pretty much what there is in dying light, some faction/government is trying to assist the survivors by giving them supplies to fight the infected and to just survive, if it's rifles or bandages.

What i was thinking about if you want to make RP sense from supply drops is pretty much what there is in dying light, some faction/government is trying to assist the survivors by giving them supplies to fight the infected and to just survive, if it's rifles or bandages.

Could be the CTC? :P