Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 12:04

DayZ Commander warning

Coundnt find this anywhere in the forums, but I know many of us have in the past used DayZ Commander... or at least some of us have..

I recently went to install it from their website and it installed nothing but malware.. so be warned..

And all I wanted to do was make my own little server just to jack around on.. Instead I battled malware for two hours.. thanks dot josh.. you freaking butt munch.

• El Presidente

DayZ commander has a lot of ads next to it that are saying "Download Here" but aren't actually for DayZ commander. You might've clicked on that one.

This, there are ads which say "Download now" and download a nice dose of malware for you :) Always search for the correct right download button if there's more than one or install an Adblock.

The Commander I have has no security threats I just scanned it, Maybe you did what slute said and downloaded the wrong thing, happens alot when I'm downloading stuff... Legal stuff of course

• Emerald

Are you definitely sure you clicked the right link? As stated above by the others you possibly clicked one of those dodgy ads on the site and downloaded a virus.

3hesNPt.png

Did you click the button circled in red or not?

Yeah I clicked the adds.. but man,. that shiiiii,,, crappy of dotjosh to put that shiiii,, crap in there. what a diiiii..butt head.

Oh well.. fair warning.. scroll down some on the page and dont click the first download link like I did

• El Presidente

He just puts the code there, he probably has no control over what adds are displayed.

I still blame him for wasting a couple hours of my life, but hopefully some folks from the community will see this and not make my mistake.. If I save one person from clicking the wrong button.. then.. mission accomplished

I still blame him for wasting a couple hours of my life, but hopefully some folks from the community will see this and not make my mistake.. If I save one person from clicking the wrong button.. then.. mission accomplished

Blame yourself . He has to get money for the site and the program somehow.

He gets payed for DISPLAYING the adds not more. The People who create the adds just lean back and hope for someone (excuse me) stupid enough to click on them.

Oh and have you heard about the plugin " Adblock Plus". ? It blocks Ads

giving you a very comfortable way of surfing.

• Legend

adblock4lyf makes life so much easier :D

Agreed never had problems with commander just block the ads and download the correct thing

Ya I hate those stupid ads I find on emulator sites. Usually requires you to accidentally download 5 bits of malware before you get the actual thing you want to download.

Thanks adblock :)