Server time (UTC): 2022-05-28 14:51

Screen disappears and died

Glenn

• Sapphire

Describe the issue:

I was moving from stary sobor. My screen froze and then just minimized. but i could still hear me walking and shooting.

Because i was followed by a zombie i told a friend of mine that i bugged out and would alt F4 because i couldn't do anything.

He said my body was falling down and sunk through the ground.

1 minute after i logged in and i spawned at the coast.

(it happen once before but i didn't die back then.

Is the problem reproducible, ie can you re-create it on demand?

no

Time, server and location of this occurring?

Server 1

Western road stary sobor.

16:50

How long have you had this problem?

Once before also got chase down by a zombie.

I alt F4 that time too, but had not died.

What have you done to fix this already?

none.

• Sapphire

It is possible a video card driver crash. It will black out the screen then you will not be able to open up the window again.

It is possible a video card driver crash. It will black out the screen then you will not be able to open up the window again.

That always happens to me, how may I fix it?

Guest Astycc

But then his game crashed and registered his character as dead? So why would a driver crash kill him? This is a really strange occurrence, maybe the logs could shed some light on the situation and reason of death?

• Emerald

This happens to me sometimes as well. It is a video card driver crash and has only started happening to me since the wipe.

• Sapphire

Update your drivers

• Sapphire

Drivers are updated.

No overheating problems due the water cooling.

It is no black screen either.

It is just my desktop appears and i can still play shoot and walk.

Update your drivers

They are already.

Guest Cadence

Since DayZRP run a Infistar antihack system which stops Alt+F4 this may of caused this to get you killed, Did your screen go grey at any point?

• Emerald

The black screen and then putting you to your desktop thing is a video card crash indeed, could be to do with reasons listed above (overheat or outdated drivers) or it could be due to your GPU being overclocked too much, I have this issue sometimes, it randomly happens when I am playing with my clocks too high.

As for you dying, the zombie could of killed you and when you alt f4 when you die on DayZ, your body does sink into the floor (Some servers do this atleast), I am not one hundred percent sure if DayZRP has this feature or not, but it's the most likely scenario.

Best thing you could do, if you are overclocking is turn it down a bit and see if it crashes again, if it does, lower it slightly more, apart from that, I am not sure if there's much else that could be the problem.

Guest Cadence

When this happens, Press the / button. Then Alt F4. This glitch has happened to me a lot in the past on my laptop. It's not the mod doing it because I also had this happen while playing Takistan Life. It's one of those things you can't do anything about I believe. You can try and google a fix but I doubt you will find one.

You should not ALT+F4 when ingame the Antihack/Admin tools will not allow you to I don't think, the trick is to tab out and close your game.

• Emerald

When this happens, Press the / button. Then Alt F4. This glitch has happened to me a lot in the past on my laptop. It's not the mod doing it because I also had this happen while playing Takistan Life. It's one of those things you can't do anything about I believe. You can try and google a fix but I doubt you will find one.

You should not ALT+F4 when ingame the Antihack/Admin tools will not allow you to I don't think, the trick is to tab out and close your game.

Or go into the task manager and close it from there.

Guest Cadence

Or go into the task manager and close it from there.

You can do it anyway that you wish as long as it floats your boat.

• MVP

Or you could just wait 30 seconds and log out like a normal person.

• Emerald

From the sound of it his graphics card crashed, there was no visual for his game but the game was still running, how exactly can he wait 30 seconds if he cant even see the game?

• MVP

From the sound of it his graphics card crashed, there was no visual for his game but the game was still running, how exactly can he wait 30 seconds if he cant even see the game?

I mean the alt-F4ing :)

• Sapphire

First, my CPU is a little overclocked from 2.8 to 3.0 water cooled so overheating is no problem.

My GPU drivers are up to date i check them every week or get an announcement for it.

Overheating is not the problem either, i could put arma on very high but got it on medium for recording and FPS so i keep a steady 60 FPS.

There will be no black gray or whatever color appear when this happens.

It will just go BOOM gone desktop but still INSIDE arma playing but no visual of the game it self.

I could CTRL ALT DEL and switch back to arma but that doesn't work either i will still have no visual screen on arma only game-play and sounds etc.

Also the zombie could not have killed me. I checked my health i had full blood.

I did hear one hit though before i went back to arma after the Ctrl alt del and then pressed esc and alt F4