Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 03:54

'Racism' and bad/failrp - 24 hours, permanent.

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-rp1-racism-badrp-trolling-at-prud-2-30-00-daytime?pid=617646#pid617646

Why the verdict is not fair:

Well, for one why I never responded to the reports or alerts is because my internet has been down for a few days (thanks WowWay), in which I had no control over whatsoever and it was impossible to view emails or the website.

For two, I was never being 'racist'. If someone were to know my characters background, you would know that his friends were African American and used the word 'nigga' as slang in a non-offensive way.

For three, the fail/badrp (I think, at least) comes in where I said 'I have a mic, ain't the one talking though.' And yes, this is failrp but this was the first time it ever happened and was arguably a small offense and didn't affect any RP.

For four, me saying I'm not okay I don't think is trolling.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

From my eyes, I was following character and rules (except for the fail/badrp, which was my fault I let that slip out).

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

A lower ban time, because [/size] I did in fact failrp, but (in my eyes, staff may disagree) that was the only offence I broke and it does deserve punishment, but not a permanent ban.

What could you have done better?:

Not of failrp'd, and probably shouldn't have said 'nigga', even though it was following my character.

• Legend

Verdict

Noah 'November' Fall [bad RP]: Guilty.

Explanation

It seems clear that you did not intend to seriously RP. Between the crab walking and the excessive OOC behaviour. I suggest you start to take RP more seriously before continuing your DayZRP career.

You are playing dangerously throwing words like nigger around. With such a racially charged word it is very easy to believe you are intending to racially vilify a person by being racist. In the future if you continue to callously throw around such words you may find your tenure here very short indeed. Consider yourself warned.

Outcome

Noah 'November' Fall [bad RP]: 3 day ban + 10 warning points + character reset.