Server time: 2017-08-22, 07:37

Sign in to follow this  
crank

intresting tactic for a fire fight. [closed]

Question

crank    0

So, was playing last night when I saw something quite interesting that kinda has me scratching my head. We got into a little fire fight against some civs, and during the fight there was a civ, with no guns out running around, now I didn't shoot at him due to the amount of pain it would cause me to argue my actions in a report, but I notice this. During the fire fight there was perhaps one or 2 civ, snipers on a hill and this unarmed civ was running around during combat unarmed playing the part of a drone spotter for the snipers.

This is genius sir, and hats off to you, seeing as if you are shot you can write a report saying you were kosd but you can also help your friends in an attack by being a non combat.

This server never ceases to amaze me.

Dzrp what do you think?

25 answers to this question

WarMachine    11

Really shouldnt be in questions and should be in general disscussion. kinda no value for life on them.

I would advise not doing things like this as in my opinion in is no value for life. Middle of a firefight in the apocalypse and you are just running around it unarmed? Makes no sense.

Sidewinder    1

A sense of meta gaming and no value for life...

One you know if you die you can just make a report and the second point is that you are running about in a active firefight. Why would you?

Guest Nykke   
Guest Nykke

BoS is complaining about random civs? LOL

Guest Maggorra   
Guest Maggorra

Are you kidding me?

BoS are you really right clan to say this?

Welcome to a the life of S.D.S

crank    0

Once civs. rob, civs die. But thanks S.D.S always a pleasure.

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

This should be closed as I see an argument coming up.

BoS is complaining about random civs? LOL

Are you kidding me?

BoS are you really right clan to say this?

Welcome to a the life of S.D.S

Once civs. rob, civs die. But thanks S.D.S always a pleasure.

Please only post if you have something useful to say. Thanks.

Dottastic    0

This should actually stay up, there is no argument. I want to hear peoples opinions on this.

Sidewinder    1

Plus in addition to my post this shouldn't be seen as "clever". As Gina said it's pure ruleplay and as stated by fellow SDS members clans do abuse this sadly :/

I'd like to see a cease in civilians directly helping within clan firefights as it gives a huge advantage in false play.

As Gina said ruleplay at its finest you wouldnt realistically run around without a gun back and forth between 2 parties shooting at each other.

They are only doing it because they know they are protected by the rules or they think they are anyway.

Honestly I think that kind of thing should be reportable as in a lot of other games that sort of thing is classed under "ghosting"

crank    0

In case someone miss read the civil, wasn't on my side, if he was I would have shot him and reported him myself. Roleplay>rule play here.

Also if you didn't catch it, I do not think this is acceptable.

Oldman    22

Clans should at the very least not use these tactics. They should hold some honour. However every circumstance is different. But in general pretending to not be involved while you actually are is kinda low move in my opinion. And in a rp sense kinda weird. In real life people would have killed him maybe.

Sidewinder    1

In case someone miss read the civil, wasn't on my side, if he was I would have shot him and reported him myself. Roleplay>rule play here.

But you said it was genius? Slightly confused here as you are going back on yourself :/

Guest Maggorra   
Guest Maggorra

So, was playing last night when I saw something quite interesting that kinda has me scratching my head. We got into a little fire fight against some civs, and during the fight there was a civ, with no guns out running around, now I didn't shoot at him due to the amount of pain it would cause me to argue my actions in a report, but I notice this. During the fire fight there was perhaps one or 2 civ, snipers on a hill and this unarmed civ was running around during combat unarmed playing the part of a drone spotter for the snipers.

This is genius sir, and hats off to you, seeing as if you are shot you can write a report saying you were kosd but you can also help your friends in an attack by being a non combat.

Dzrp what do you think?

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-s1-kos-at-radio-station

This is your own poor tactics.

Do not be buthurt when people use the same tactics against you,

crank    0

Op was in sarcasm, sorry should have made it more apparent.

crank    0

Dzrp what do you think?

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-s1-kos-at-radio-station

This is your own poor tactics.

Do not be buthurt when people use the same tactics against you,

Let me address that really quick I've been waiting for that report.

Glenn    10

These tactics are old. And not really working anymore.

crank    0

There ya go SDS, hope I cleared that up for you, oh btw if you would like to formally talk about how I play I would love to have a chat with you when I'm on ts. However we dont use unarmed civs. as spotter. Thank you.

Side note, please close this thread since we can't seem to come to a understanding .

Nice occ hate.

Chris    61

Closing this before warning points get handed out.

This is a topic that staff are aware of, and currently discussing internally. We will keep the community posted if we reach any actionable conclusions.