Server time: 2017-08-20, 02:21

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vespah

What constitutes as a false report?

Question

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

Hey guys.

I was reading a Formal and someone was banned for "False Report". Is "False Report" the same as "Lying in a report"?.

Say if I was to file a report that I had been KoSd 30 minutes after I had robbed someone but it is found out that the shooter had KoS rights on me from the Good Samaritan Rule, so the kill is legitimate, would I then receive a character reset and a banstrike for False Report?

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

I can't claim to know fully but my guess is it depends on how obvious the real situation was. In the report you mentioned, it should have been quite clear to the person who made the report that he was in a group with the initiator but he pursued it anyway. For something not to be a false report I guess the situation/outcome would be more unclear - for the report I'm in, I don't think that if it turns out those civilians did have KOS rights on us, StarWars/Rick would be given a false report verdict because the issue of civ squads is so hazy in the first place. But then again, I don't know for sure.

Gina    26

The report is considered False when you,

after discussing about the situation in your Report discussion and after it is clear that the situation was more or less legit, you still want to push it to formal.

Or after it is already formal but after the logs are posted, it is clear that the situation was legit, you still want to continue with the report and get someone punished.

This for short explanation :)

Muntz    3

A false report verdict is reached as a result of a few different factors. However, the simplest example is if the GM team handling the report find that an OP is aware of the innocence of the accused and he/she pushes the report through to a verdict regardless. We have little tolerance for players who push for a verdict despite various pieces of evidence proving them wrong. We have no tolerance for players actively trying to get others banned.

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

Ahhh right I see. Thanks, I understand.

Its funny, no matter how experienced you are here, there will always be something you do not know or understand. (Unless your Rolle).

/Fred

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Marking as solved.