Server time: 2017-08-20, 17:31

Sign in to follow this  
Kelster

Surrender Button! Yay or Nay?

Do you want the surrender button back?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the surrender button back?

• Yes
    • No

Kelster    0

A long time ago where desal plant roamed their used to be a button on your scroll wheel that allowed you to drop all your gear in a single push of a click! It also raised your hands in the air like you just didn't care and it made a lot more sense than just standing their... looking like a.... bear?

Anyways their used to be a button on your scroll wheel that allowed you to drop pretty much all your gear (backpack, primary weapon, and secondary weapon) it allowed for quick and easy initiations and robbery. It also looks really cool when you are taking people hostage and stuff like that.

So what do you think surrender button? Or no surrender button?

Please make sure to vote, I highly appreciate it!

//edit: I also forgot to mention this gives full access to their inventory when they are surrendering. It's like they are dead or unconscious but their not. :P

Red    144

That function is still there in the options. You just have to bind your key to it.

Clicking said button will then make you surrende & place your hands onto your head.

Kelster    0

That function is still there in the options. You just have to bind your key to it.

Clicking said button will then make you surrende & place your hands onto your head.

I know, but does it drop your gear?... I think not!

Snow    1

Problem is not a whole lot of people have that key bound.

I say no, it makes robberies to streamlined and suits the "drops weapons 10 secs" problem we are trying to avoid.

Edit: The button in the controls menu only does the animation, not the gear dropping.

Kelster    0

I remember it, but was it not glitchy as hell and created bugs?

No, people kept on complaining that they kept on pressing it and dropping all their stuff by accident...

Frozen    45

SearchFunction101 and previous changelogs

/Thread

Kelster    0

I say no, it makes robberies to streamlined and suits the "drops weapons 10 secs" problem we are trying to avoid.

Edit: The button in the controls menu only does the animation, not the gear dropping.

Wouldn't it help with the 10 second rule? I mean it takes less time to do it so people don't have problems dropping their gear (trust me this happens a lot).

Red    144

It should. It drops your main weapon and all of your ammunition. At least thats what happens when i use it.

Kelster    0

It should. It drops your main weapon and all of your ammunition. At least thats what happens when i use it.

Uh, for me he just puts his primary on his back and puts his hands on his head...that's it.

Red    144

Uh, for me he just puts his primary on his back and puts his hands on his head...that's it.

I'd have to test it out tonight again.

Rolle    2452

I liked it because it didn't allow people to powergame and hide toolbelt items or grenades.

Kelster    0

I liked it because it didn't allow people to powergame and hide toolbelt items or grenades.

Yes! Exactly one of the reasons why I want this back!

Bloody    0

I have an off question to this. When someone surrenders can you use the tape to tie their hands anymore?

Kelster    0

I have an off question to this. When someone surrenders can you use the tape to tie their hands anymore?

I don't think that has been implemented, no.

Clintbet    0

I don't think that has been implemented, no.

Is there even a mod for that?

I kinda agree with what Rolle said, but i think it would make robberies less RP and it would make them very quick and boring.

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

Wouldn't it help with the 10 second rule? I mean it takes less time to do it so people don't have problems dropping their gear (trust me this happens a lot).

It wouldnt help the 10 second rule, the 10 second rule is implemented incase of Server Lag, Text lag, voice lag, ect, not because thats the time to drop all of your gear.

It would be nice to have an option, but It would just create too many problems in my opinion.

Like someone said above, dropping all your gear by accident was annoying as fuck.

*EDIT* If you surrender, doesnt that allow the Robber to check your gear anyway?

Ancalagon    0

it shouldnt drop your gear because this takes out all possibilites of well... not dropping your gear.

You cant try to keep something, smuggel something without anyone noticing because they will know see if you use the option or not.

And like others said, the animation itself is in the option, just bind it...

If you want noone to powergame/hide tooldbelt items or grandes, you have to frisk him. It's a RP server, thats how it works.

You could always throw away you weapons and your backpack but there would always be the possibility that you have hidden something.

SO the robbers either frisk you for certain things or they dont.

You might have a GPS in your pocket, if the robbers want to know if its there or not, the need to search you for this stuff.

RP it out, we dont need to simplyfy everything even more and give people more options to just use the game mechanics for a quick and easy robbery with less RP.

Also, the 10 second rule isnt a problem. 10 Seconds are more than enough to go in your inventory which is seen as a sign or compliance since you are about to drop the requested stuff. It was never a problem, at least i never encountered a problem with it.

Thats atleast how everyone i know and play with thinks about it.

And yeah... we know it from jumping out of vehicles maybe, dropping all my gear by an accident isnt exactly what i want.

I agree, this was a nice feature, but if it caused more problems then it solved it's a no for me.

Kravock    1

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-option-to-surrender

Been added before. It caused a lot of glitches to the server and was removed due to this.

It wasn't glitchy at all, I just never added it back in after the cleanup. I'm going to be working on putting it back in with a few changes so it isn't accidentaly pressed.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-option-to-surrender

Been added before. It caused a lot of glitches to the server and was removed due to this.

It wasn't glitchy at all, I just never added it back in after the cleanup. I'm going to be working on putting it back in with a few changes so it isn't accidentaly pressed.

#Kravok4Rolle

Can we restrain people with duct tape too again!? Plez?!