Doc

Accounts of John Smith (W.I.P)

Doc    3

Accounts of John Smith

th?&id=HN.608037343415110489&w=314&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Photograph supposedly taken of John Smith leaving the CTC Tradepost

"One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody" - Mother Teresa

August 2, 2012: Boston, Massachusetts - 9 Days Since Patient Zero

August 2nd, the last day I saw my home...

For weeks, news had circulated internationally of some sort of virus spreading across Europe, Russia, Africa, the Middle-East, and Asia, so fast so that it was getting unmanageable. My first reaction to the earlier reports were similar to many, disbelief and disregard for the troubles of other countries. However, the virus had reached American soil and ravaged the nation. The U.S. Army, Navy, and of course, the National Guard of which I was so "happily" in at the time, were called into effect once the virus worsened. August 2nd was the day order finally broke down and the government gave up on securing the homeland. I was in Boston Harbor as the military began pulling out. I thought to myself, "So this is how we are defeated, by some fucking disease, huh?". Being in the National Guard, I was warranted a place aboard a U.S. naval carrier, the Ronald Reagan, as long as I could pull my weight. That was good and all, but the problem was getting to the ship itself. Thousands flocked to the docks to board ships, helicopters, and small boats. As everyone stood awaiting clearance to board, the infected broke through the checkpoint at the entrance of the docks. Mass hysteria broke out and the crowd began to rush for any transport. The military opened fired on the crowd, preventing any one from boarding. One helicopter in particular was so filled up, it could not take off and was quickly over taken by the infected. As I watched from a porthole window on the carrier, I cried and felt pity for all those people. I covered my ears with my hands, closed my eyes, and said a prayed aloud to try and distance myself from the reality ongoing just a few feet outside the carrier. The ship shook I lurched forward, knowing that the carrier was pulling off. I went above deck to see what happened and when I looked back towards the city of Boston, all I could see was fire, smoke, and people, as well as infected jumping into the water. I distinctly remember saying to myself, "What now? What is going to happen? Mom... Dad... Gabrielle... will I ever see them again? God, please, watch over me and my family, as well as all those effected by this!"...

Doc    3

Looking good!

Thank you. It's going to take some time for I'm trying to put in as much detail. This is my oldest character and writing in all his experiences is going to be tough!

Doc    3

-Updated! Still writing-

Mr Bobby    0

All I can think of when I see the name John Smith is this :P

th?id=HN.608010624423890044&pid=15.1

But on a serious note keep it up. Really good read

Doc    3

I died laughing when I saw this because I don't drink alcohol IRL!

Thanks for the good notions. I'll try to write more when I have time.

Mr Bobby    0

I died laughing when I saw this because I don't drink alcohol IRL!

Thanks for the good notions. I'll try to write more when I have time.

hahahahaha well I look forward to reading it when the next part comes out :D

Sign in to follow this