Server time (UTC): 2022-05-26 09:18

Universe-City WIP [please reply via Gif]

DERK

• Sapphire

Universe%20City.jpg

I am proud to present the Concept of the Universe-City. This settlement was built from an old Middle school on the Island of Skalisty, for it was once one of the more intact buildings in Chernarus. The main purpose of this settlement will be to host and conduct meetings between multiple groups, clans, or other organizations. Everything from Ally Meetings, Long-term Contracts, and Enemy Clan’s treaty agreements. Our Job as CR’s will be to maintain order between Clans. Basically we’re there so they don’t kill each other. Within the walls of Universe-City no group will engage another in combat, execution, or fighting of any kind. We would prefer no engagement on the entire Island, but will have to speak with GM’s to grant us access to this.

Why have this settlement on an Island?

Every great climber will say the same thing, “It’s not about getting to the your destination, it’s how you get there.” I want to make a settlement that not only opens a new land mass to RP on, but also the entire ocean. The need of boats will encourage the Sea to be a great way of encountering RP’s in an all new way. Fishing, Shipping, Transport… and Pirates. I hope to convince the GM’s of putting some more boats here and there to make this more of a possibility.

Island Passes

Lafetime_Pass%201.jpg

Good for Life. Be able to get to the Island anytime you want. Must PM (D3rk99) to receive you'res.

Day_Pass%201.jpg

Good for one day. I can get one by a hand out, from a CR, or by paying at the Docs. Can of food or some Meds will pay for a day Pass.

Day_Pass%202.jpg

Same as Day Pass, but can allow you and a buddy to ride. (Coast for both persons at the docs.)

Clan_Pass.jpg

You want to bring your clan to the Island but don't want to get a bunch of Passes? Well now you can get a Company Pass that is good for every man and women in your Clan.(Must PM D3rk99 To Receive)

We will have a large boat to provide transport to and from the Mainland and Island. Having a settlement on an Island does not mean we want people to stay out. We will provide Passes to ride our ferrying Boat to and from the Island. This does not mean you are required to have a ticket to come to the island or gain access to the settlement. If you have your own boat you have our permission to dock here. DISLCALIMER: We will not be liable to replace your boat if it happens to get stolen or damaged.

Co-Owners Needed

We cannot maintain this settlement without fellow clans to help man it. We would appreciate it if two (2) other clans could come to co-own the settlement alongside us. I would like anyone with a clan that would be willing and able to help in this program to PM me (D3rk99), and we will see if you can fill the big shoes.

[To join you must meet the fowling requirements.]

Your clan cannot have any negative relations with any other clan, as this would be useless for hosting unbiased meetings.

Each clan would be on a 12 hour shift, so it needs to be a clan that has enough people to keep order while citizens are in the City during that time. This includes patrolling the shores for Pirates, Border Swimmers, and Independent Boaters; Protecting the island and the city itself and those inside it from aforementioned pirates and the usual robber’s and raids; Also included is the duty of ferrying people to and from the Island.

I want a clan that is more focused around RP than a combatant one, even though you may be engaging in combat from time to time. Be ready for some interesting RP opportunities.

This is still WIP, but I do want any help I can get.

I want to know what the community things, and to make this a little more fun, I want everyone to reply with a GIF, to show your Likes and dislikes.

• Emerald

wow this clan thread looks amazing :)

settlement looks really well done, I personally love all the plant life and such within the walls. Definitely a great start. I would consider expanding on the settlements purpose. Having a neutral location for clan relations is great, but I would think of other things as well, as the majority of the time I think it will be used for RP among random people rather then clan meetings. Give it something else so it has a purpose when clans aren't around. Also as far as CR requirements, every clan has enemies (even if its just SDS), so you may want to amend that a little.

984065.gif

• Emerald

I like the look of this :P

I like the details such as random assorted items as a barrier, but one thing that bothers me is that stone floor that looks like it's from an airfield. Dirt floor/road will probably make it look much better. This really shouldn't be a Settlement such as Amir suggested, but there is also the RP reason of how this place was created was a bit bland.

Realistically, you wouldn't find a small village like that on a island, let it alone being able to have its own middle school on it. The island would most likely be fisherman based and outdoors'ic. I would choose a different area other then Skalisty Island, maybe somewhere on the coast, but not on Skalisty Island.

Other then that, good job, here's a gif.

fuXEjpd.gif

Guest Shadow

"Each clan would be on a 12 hour shift"

Wont work.

Sure its the perfect "equaliser" but in reality this is just a game and people have far too many responsibilities IRL to be able to devote 12 hours each day to something like this. This simply wouldn't be practical.

Don't get me wrong the thread looks nice and you obviously put in a lot of hard work with the map editor! However this simply would not work as a "settlement". Especially with it being on Skallisty, unless you can get a ridiculous amount of clans as CRs (most likely require a staff member clan too).

If your serious about this being put in I strongly recommend you turn it into some sort of "abandoned city" and allow it to be a PCB.

I may be completely wrong and the staff team may love the idea, however this is just my opinion.

• Sapphire

"Each clan would be on a 12 hour shift"

Wont work.

Sure its the perfect "equaliser" but in reality this is just a game and people have far too many responsibilities IRL to be able to devote 12 hours each day to something like this. This simply wouldn't be practical.

Don't get me wrong the thread looks nice and you obviously put in a lot of hard work with the map editor! However this simply would not work as a "settlement". Especially with it being on Skallisty, unless you can get a ridiculous amount of clans as CRs (most likely require a staff member clan too).

If your serious about this being put in I strongly recommend you turn it into some sort of "abandoned city" and allow it to be a PCB.

I may be completely wrong and the staff team may love the idea, however this is just my opinion.

I completely understand you concerns. And I want you to know that you are the kind of posters I look for, to make this work I need to know all the Cons and Fix them.

As for the 12 hour shift...

I know no one will be willing to be on the server for 12 hours. I Im asking to for some clans that have alot of people. That was we can have a few people at the settlement every few hours.

thanks for bringing all this up!

Added more info on the Boat Passes. Take a look.

• Emerald

This looks absolutely phenomenal. Thread looks great too! Really excited to see if this gets added.

It looks nice. I understand why it's on the island but as others have said it would be more believable on the mainland. I think near Zelenogorsk is a nice idea, it would draw people to that side of the map and fits into its surroundings.

I'm not sure on the crashed helicopter, I'm wondering how it got there without damaging any of the school. And having a fireplace under a camonet is surely a fire hazard is it not? :D

• Emerald

Beautiful. Now this SHOULD be added ingame.

Sorry for no gifs replying on a phone and it's a pain to do images.

• MVP

Firstly, I am not sure on the name. It sounds like something from Mass Effect or City of Heroes. It doesn't fit the setting and certainly would sound weird rolling off the tongue of locals and foreigners alike in-game.

Perhaps look at a Czech or Russian translation for the building's name to get a basis or play around with a few other words preceding City.

Secondly, why is there a middle-school on a relatively small island that only has a tiny portion of residents? The school would have most likely been on the mainland and I really do doubt that they would construct such a building there. Schools are designed to be accessible. Not on an island preventing access or making it extremely difficult.

Perhaps look into other options or stories to explain such a building or even another building itself.

This reminds me of the Skalitsy camp back in the day run by Shakya. The location is good and fits in with the idea and aim you are going for but the concerns above might need some serious work for it to be believable.

r6G4U.gif

• Legend

I like this looks great.

Although I would have preferred an abandoned prison on the island but this looks great all the same :P

• Sapphire

I like this looks great.

Although I would have preferred an abandoned prison on the island but this looks great all the same :P

OOOOoooo.... I never thought of that. If this dose not work out, a prison is my next choice.

• Sapphire

tv-addiction-emma-stone-meh-gif.gif

Looks fantastic and the location is ok but I'd much prefer it on the mainland somewhere, like Zelenogorsk.

Also, the thread has some spelling mistakes which should be fixed, for example Churnarus should be Chernarus. :) (on the tickets) - good job, overall! :D

• Legend

I like this looks great.

OOOOoooo.... I never thought of that. If this dose not work out, a prison is my next choice.

Sounds good to me :)

• Emerald

This looks really good well done

• MVP

Looks good, it would make sense that there would be a settlement on Skalisty Island.

The idea is great the thread is great the settlement itself needs work, but I guess you are still doing that so will wait for the final edit to make judgement keep up the work

• MVP

mybadawks.gif?w=625

Why would there be a middle school on the island there?

Especially considering that there aren't any houses there, or at least hardly any.

I do like the look but the idea would do better on the mainland somewhere.

• Emerald

I love the settlement itself but not its location.

But I applaud you sire.

rqqyuq9.gif