Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:15
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnygt7

Better Guns?Maybe?

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

The whole idea is to add Epoch gun spawns on S1.Since Epoch went down,

everyone i meet with a decent gun, such as a DMR or a m60 or any other "Rare" high caliber weapon is afraid of getting robbed.And they have all the rights to be since there are many people who are "Dying" to get their hands on a gun like the ones mentioned above.

To make this short the idea is this:Add more Sniper rifles,LMGS,US/EU assault rifles on the server.

Pro's:

-More people with good weapons = less robbery's.There's no reason to rob someone for an M240 and risk your life if you know that you will easily find it in a barracks.

-Better firefights

Cons:

-Takes away the excitement when finding a rare gun

-It's not quite realistic,since people will be running with very high caliber weapons (From the other hand ppl running with aks is not realistic either)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Please leave your comments below, i'd love to know everyones opinion on the topic!

Valkerion    0

Define better guns?

I find AKs to perfectly good weapons and i dont see any need to break RP logic as well as the balance of weapons and have more LMGS and western weapons just because.

Masulii    25

I am atleast somehow on your side because I have only found one of these "non-russian" weapons and I would like to actually find something different sometimes

Edit: But this is happening in Chernarus which is a russian like area so AKs make sense

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

Define better guns?

I find AKs to perfectly good weapons and i dont see any need to break RP logic as well as the balance of weapons and have more LMGS and western weapons just because.

M240's more dmrs more m24's. More of everything basicly

Valkerion    0

I am atleast somehow on your side because I have only found one of these "non-russian" weapons and I would like to actually find something different sometimes

Go to Stary military tents on S1 you always find MP5a5 ,MP5a4 ,M4a1 or an m1014 as well as M9 ,USP ,Glock 17 and 19.

they dont spawn ANY russian weapons at all

mantispro13    0

I gotta say no to this.

As nice as it would be, I think it would take away a lot of RP and will probably make more PvP/PvE.

Also, IMO, the cons far exceed the pros.

Jess Newton    2

DayZRP isnt supposed to be about the fire fights.. from my understanding.. the goal is to see people group together to survive the zombie apocalypse.. Fire fights only exist, because of bandits like me :)

Popeye509    1

I don't really understand the whole "better" gun thing when you can easily find a gun that kills a man in a few shots. How can you get much better than that? Aside from killing him with one less bullet... I just don't get it.

I'm all up for more gun variety variety though makes each person a bit more unique.

Valkerion    0

Define better guns?

M240's more dmrs more m24's. More of everything basicly

Why would i want more m240s? it would just encourage even more PVP and robberies just so they can shoot people with it.

Having more "Big" guns wont make robberies less common at all in fact i believe it to be quite the opposite.

if you want a server full of crap tonnes of different weapons go on overwatch they have all the weapons you can think of and then some

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

My opinion is that if we get better guns, people will not rob others as much because they will already have what they want, leading to better RP.That's just me though :)

Valkerion    0

My opinion is that if we get better guns, people will not rob others as much because they will already have what they want, leading to better RP.That's just me though :)

Well your right they wont rob you for your gun they will rob you so they can actually use the gun they already have.

DarkStyle    46

I also see no point making barracks and such spawn more westren super big mlg pro weapons.You can do same damage with ordinary ak if you want.Its not about weapon, its about the guy who uses it.

Strongly disagree.

Less big guns, harder fights, more close quarters action due to the rarity of scopes. I would also hope for less ammo so that it is a difficult, measured decision on whether to shoot people. No Spray 'N Pray.

More tension, more of a focus on survival.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

It's not the gun, it's the person firing the gun, every weapon is one shot to the head and bang the other person is dead, if you more guns wait for zee next patch

And guns like dmrs and m60 are in the game just rare as hell no point upping the rate as everyone would have them and where's the fun in that

Yesterday I killed 2 guys with an AK PSO when they had Famas, M4 etc.. So I do not think that we need better guns.

Wunsleh    10

People can complain all they want but in the end its very simpel.

A server without bandits is boring. Zombies only give you so much excitement *cough*

Now I do want to see more western weapons, and I dont mean the endless amount of mp weaponry.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

The point of having better guns is to reduce the robberies really.

Well then, it would be a bad idea as it would not reduce robberies.

Mikachu    26

I understand your reasoning here and it's somewhat sound.

But no. This is a SURVIVAL game - less guns instead :D

(by less i mean less spawn but more variety)

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

If you dont want to get robbed, dont carry high end gear. Simple.

Increasing high end gear will only increase robberies. I fail to see you logic if im honest.

I would like to see more guns though, as it stands everyone has an AK, needs more variation. Hunting rifles pls.

Yuval    2

No, what can be done is more american crash sites rather than russian. it'll add more chances of finding them but your not promised a M240 each time you do find it.

About the fear from robberies, Put the DMR in a stash and grab a AK and RP. i carry a AKM GP25 and i can have a M4 holo GL, they do the same thing but one will get you robbed and one won't.

Oldman    22

I don't like firefights with many snipers that shoot/flank over and over again. Scoped weapons should be rare, because it is very powerfull in arma.

Guest MARTiN   
Guest MARTiN

I demand more rare guns :P And as oldman said, less scoped weapons.

Strongly disagree.

Less big guns, harder fights, more close quarters action due to the rarity of scopes. I would also hope for less ammo so that it is a difficult, measured decision on whether to shoot people. No Spray 'N Pray.

Completely agree with SumoS here. I personally haven't picked up anything more suave than an AK since joining these servers. If you carry a rare weapon and you're afraid of getting robbed then that's the risk you take. I've never had a character that's willing to risk his life for a better weapon.

Less ammo and less 'better' guns. I'd like to see the loot tables take an even more survivalist approach. I want to be so desperate for food that my character will actually resort to having to rob someone for it.

Prior to the 1.8 patch there were 'better guns' and I remember being at Pobeda Dam and seeing everyone with military grade weaponry, RP wise it made no sense. The only reason why people didn't have a high grade weapon back then was because they decided not to have one for RP reasons.

Hofer    20

Strongly disagree.

Completely agree with SumoS here. I personally haven't picked up anything more suave than an AK since joining these servers. If you carry a rare weapon and you're afraid of getting robbed then that's the risk you take. I've never had a character that's willing to risk his life for a better weapon.

Less ammo and less 'better' guns. I'd like to see the loot tables take an even more survivalist approach. I want to be so desperate for food that my character will actually resort to having to rob someone for it.

Prior to the 1.8 patch there were 'better guns' and I remember being at Pobeda Dam and seeing everyone with military grade weaponry, RP wise it made no sense. The only reason why people didn't have a high grade weapon back then was because they decided not to have one for RP reasons.

Amen