Server time: 2017-08-22, 03:46

Sign in to follow this  
Whitefur

Final Fantasy XIV thread!

Whitefur    4

So ya, i have kinda got back into it after the launch craziness was over :P So anyone else here play it?

Tamaster92    14

Waiting for the PS4 version.

Rolle    2456

I wanted to start playing it again after launch madness. Until Hofer said everyone plays ESO instead :D

I wanted to start playing it again after launch madness. Until Hofer said everyone plays ESO instead :D

Yeah FF14 looked good during the intial build up and "hype" however after release i heard a lot of mixed things.

Mostly involving "yes the game is good mechanically and graphically but it gets very dull very quickly"

Which is what put me off buying it.

***Also how you doing on ESO Roland?

Rolle    2456

Level 7 Templar, I have no idea what I'm doing :D

Whitefur    4

Yeah FF14 looked good during the intial build up and "hype" however after release i heard a lot of mixed things.

Mostly involving "yes the game is good mechanically and graphically but it gets very dull very quickly"

Which is what put me off buying it.

To me its mainly a "It's 3a.m. and I need to stream something" game. If you have ever enjoyed a Final Fantasy game it is pretty much on that level of dullness. You have to add friends to build up the gap.

Still better then ESO imo

Mattbro    0

I don't think I have played any recent final fantasy, only thePlaystation one that had like7 disks... They new ones any good?

Whitefur    4

I don't think I have played any recent final fantasy, only thePlaystation one that had like7 disks... They new ones any good?

Meh, I would stop at X. XII was kinda good but XIII and its sequels+ the bombshell that was the original FFXIV kinda ruined the series. the XIV you can buy now (rebranded as "A Realm Reborn") is a lot better, but a lot of people have lost hope in the series.

Basically XIII had a thin plot, easy combat system, and boring world and characters that are not developed in the slightest. A lot of JRPG fans hated the game, so Square tried to win back their trust with a sequel: XIII-2. That fixed some of the problems, but it still wasn't the greatest game ever. Then the final XIII game, Lightning Returns" is just awful in every way but the combat.

The original XIV was a mess with cluttered menus, massive bugs, and a general lack of polish that made the game feel unfinished. they then rereleased it last fall as "A Realm Reborn" (I got it free because I had the original) that gave the game an overhaul and made it worth spending time on.

Basically, XIV (ARR) is the only recent one that is any good

Whitefur    4

Sorry for the slight necro, but I didn't want to create a whole new tread for this.

Right now Square-Enix is offering a 14-day free trial kind of like EVE online has. It allows you to play for 14 days with a level cap of 20, and certain things like The Wolves Den and Free Companies are locked. You can join it here. Its something to do if you didn't get an Archeage key right?

(Oh ya and if you do sign up create a character on the Faerie server in the Aether cluster, thats my favorite one)

Astraal    3

Okey just got into the game and have a newbie question here:

Is it possible to get the Warrior job if you start as a Gladiator or is it locked to Paladin?

Hessian    11

I tried the FFXIV 14-day trial. Twas' decent, but I prefer ES: O.

Massive fan of FF but not so much the MMO adaptations.

I would like to point out that A Realm Reborn is a huge improvement over the original launch. It's a whole new game, and it's quite good, IMO!

Whitefur    4

Is it possible to get the Warrior job if you start as a Gladiator or is it locked to Paladin?

Yes, although you need to get Marauder up to 30 and Gladiator up to 15 before you get the quest that gives you warrior.

I would like to point out that A Realm Reborn is a huge improvement over the original launch. It's a whole new game, and it's quite good, IMO!

As an OG player, I will agree with you xD. Was really enjoying talking to every bloody NCP in the known universe to hopefully find a merchant [emoji14]

Astraal    3

Yes, although you need to get Marauder up to 30 and Gladiator up to 15 before you get the quest that gives you warrior.

Follow up question:

Can i be paladin and then switch to warrior when i get 30 in marauder?

Whitefur    4

Follow up question:

Can i be paladin and then switch to warrior when i get 30 in marauder?

Yup. You can switch to whatever job at any moment without any limits. You have to have conjurer up to 15 and gladiator up to 30 as prerequisites for that job, however.

Prince    96

Played for 5 mins got banned for "advertising" I don't know how but I think they Messed up... Why does this happen to me :(

Chinchilla    75

Ive been playing for years, 2.0 is awesome, expansion coming in June. #Hype

Reece    1

AA4lyfe!

IMO Archeage is the best MMO to be playing as it is free and looks amazing. Some say its pay to win but if your good its not xD

Scooter    51

AA4lyfe!

IMO Archeage is the best MMO to be playing as it is free and looks amazing. Some say its pay to win but if your good its not xD

Don't kid yourself m9. Scooter gives AA 0/10 :troll: