Server time: 2017-08-18, 16:39

Sign in to follow this  
DMZ

Requesting two people...

DMZ    0

So, long story short, I'd like to inquire whether any of you would be interested in the following offer:

I'd like to meet up with/employ/befriend two people who will be working, playing trading and everything else that a normal group does, with me. Why am I asking here and not trying to make a group? Well, because I don't have the requirements for creating a group, namely the post requirement, and because groups, IMO, are almost always too large.

Naturally, you may want to consider this before even thinking of risking your account for this:

- You can't be part of any clan on the server(d'oh, right?)

- We'll still be acting like a group of civvies, no clantags, nothing of the sort. Expect to be reported a lot by whiny people.

- We'll be ROLEplaying over RULEplaying. No, that doesn't mean we'll be stretching and exploring how far we can push the admins and the rules. Instead, we'd be acting like a normal group would in the real world, with in game limitations.

For example, we will be acting as a cohesive unit, sharing everything from supplies to guns and such, and helping each other out with firepower. Here's where the tricky stuff comes in, and I am sure admin rage will be large here:

- When acting as a group without clantags, we'll not be idiots and have to be within 80 meters to hear every initiation and then happily be shot by the larger group with clantags who have magical KOS rights because they have magical clantags on their shirts. No, we'll act just like the clan in question, having overwatch and having them join the firefight as much as Good Samaritan rule fits in, but not by the honestly silly 'be within 80m to hear it' initiation rule that comes along with it. We'll be recording, and if something happens, the person initiating or being initiated upon will simply inform his teammates of the fact on TS/radio. This means, regardless of what you think or don't think, if you do not hear 'I've been/I am initiated/initiating upon', you can't fire, as in accordance with the rules.

I honestly do understand what the admins will have to go through, and as such, failure to abide by any of these rules will mean I will take full responsibility for the actions of the group, and be banned or whatever as a result. I'll be choosing carefully then.

However, as much as I understand the admins, I thought this out for some time, and as long as I can keep the group in check(and the people willing to take the risk are not idiots), this might just work. It makes no sense whatsoever that a civvie can't initiate upon a robber who is robbing a fellow civvie that has his radio or whatever turned on or informs over radio that he is being robbed. I'd like this group to be an experiment.

So admins, how long a ban is this post worth? /s

Guest King   
Guest King

Like the idea, but don't like the attitude toward the Admins/GMs.

Me and a few friends I made in the first few days run in one such group, and it hasn't come up to be an issue. Seen a few other groups, though one of them KoS'd me when I was trying to avoid a firefight they were having with someone else.

DMZ    0

As far as I have asked, the admins seem to be very strict and unbending when asked if this would be allowed. This is a tad disappointing. No disrespect towards admins meant.

Guest King   
Guest King

As far as I have asked, the admins seem to be very strict and unbending when asked if this would be allowed. This is a tad disappointing. No disrespect towards admins meant.

Sorry, just looked like you were mocking them at the end of the post.

DMZ    0

Sorry, just looked like you were mocking them at the end of the post.

I honestly expect the admins to show up and be like 'oh shit, we gotta watch him'.

Rolle    2448

We don't really care, as a PUG or "civvie" group you are very limited in what you can do compared to the approved groups.

Bottom line is, you follow the rules and everyone will be happy.

Oh, and of course, we will be watching you.

DMZ    0

We don't really care, as a PUG or "civvie" group you are very limited in what you can do compared to the approved groups.

Chance of getting banned if we do follow appropriate rules, ie a robbery gets called out on radio and we take out the robbers without harming the person being robbed?

Moose    7

Chance of getting banned if we do follow appropriate rules, ie a robbery gets called out on radio and we take out the robbers without harming the person being robbed?

Non-group members need to be -directly- involved to gain KoS rights. Friends cant just pass KoS over radio. I believe within voice range is considered directly involved but it you might just have to see it happen.

Rolle    2448

Non-group members need to be -directly- involved to gain KoS rights. Friends cant just pass KoS over radio. I believe within voice range is considered directly involved but it you might just have to see it happen.

What the man said.

Explains why I always feel like there's people in the car who aren't there. >.>