Server time: 2017-08-18, 10:35

Sign in to follow this  
Zipcouda

The Challenge

Zipcouda    49

Now I want to first start by explaining something.

The feeling I have going into the game is fear, and I know I'm not the only one. This community is to concerned about their enemies and feeling that situations are their fault and their attempt at getting the upper hand that it always seems to lead to a report. Remember everyone makes mistakes, and everyone has a slip.

I understand that if someone blatantly kills you for no reason then you should report them, if they troll you then obviously report. But there is a trend right now that people will seek any opportunity to report their enemies on the server. If they accidentally make a mistake then everyone is all over it.

Now I have a request for everyone, a challenge. I understand it won't be easy and people might even try to use this to get out of the report, which hopefully the admins can see through that and we should always leave the last judgement up to them.

I challenge this community to do one forgive and forget report. If you get killed accidentally and they apologize explaining themselves and if they give a good enough reason then I ask you to forgive them... Even if they are your enemy clan, a person you hate so much and can easily get them banned.

If everyone would try this, and possibly do it then I feel we will no longer be this community known for reporting each other over a game. I understand it won't be easy with the hatred that comes with joining an enemy clan, but if you think about it, when they joined the server they were just another person and another player in this community.

I ask you to give it a chance. Me and you can change this community.

Burgz    6

Done the same thing the other day, it feels good to let someone off when a ban was on the line. It'll definitely increase the community spirit as well.

#forgive&forget

God forgives, I don't.

Zipcouda    49

God forgives, I don't.

Just remember that those people you are refusing to forgive are those you play this game for. If you really just wanted a single player experiance you could always play something else. But many people play this server because of the user base, as well as the confrontation. No matter what anyone says, everyone makes mistakes, and eventually you will as well.

Which means if you go after everything someone does wrong then they will be gone, and eventually everyone will be. Which I guess means you can then play the servers alone by yourself, that sounds like a lot of fun.

It's not Challange. It's challenge. ;)

TomG    0

Nobody gonna take this opportunity to...

tumblr_mhy99gFYve1rg8ypco1_400.gif

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Something I already do.

However, the large majority of the time I go formal and get them punished for one simple reason. They failed to say sorry, but rather deal with the situation in a hostile manner and fail to realise their wrong doings.

So I propose another challenge, players who are accused of things become more understanding and reasonable in reports.

Doc    3

I have done this in the past on two occasions. I was accidentally shot and severely wounded while talking to some people who were held hostage at Krutoy Cap and I was killed on sight during an active firefight at NEAF. I learn to forgive and forget. However, the number of reports and arguments in reports is sad to see. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

It's not Challange. It's challenge. ;)

Why don't you forgive him for that minor error?

I do. I just wanted to help ;)

DMZ    0

I'm not going to freakin report anyone unless I know it's a KOS. I ain't a whiny little bitch who reports people if he gets caught in the crossfire.

Mellstrom    21

God forgives, I don't.

Just remember that those people you are refusing to forgive are those you play this game for. If you really just wanted a single player experiance you could always play something else. But many people play this server because of the user base, as well as the confrontation. No matter what anyone says, everyone makes mistakes, and eventually you will as well.

Which means if you go after everything someone does wrong then they will be gone, and eventually everyone will be. Which I guess means you can then play the servers alone by yourself, that sounds like a lot of fun.

Wipes tears...

sSnb3vg.gif

Cid    332

This honestly shouldn't have to be a challenge in the first place. People should already understand to do this rather than go and get someone banned.

Clintbet    0
But there is a trend right now that people will seek any opportunity to report their enemies on the server.

That's been a trend since August 2012.

But yeah, awesome text, accepted mate.

Masulii    24

I'm not going to freakin report anyone unless I know it's a KOS. I ain't a whiny little bitch who reports people if he gets caught in the crossfire.

You and me think alike :) If I have a really good reason to report, I will do it but if it is a accident or something like that, I just let it go (just like you shooting me at NWAF [you actually killed a zombie behind me] :D)

DMZ    0

You and me think alike :) If I have a really good reason to report, I will do it but if it is a accident or something like that, I just let it go (just like you shooting me at NWAF [you actually killed a zombie behind me] :D)

Didn't shoot you really, but for RP reasons lets say I did. You seemed to get launched into the wall.

Kanen    108

Done this a few times and will continue in doing so.

Masulii    24

Didn't shoot you really, but for RP reasons lets say I did. You seemed to get launched into the wall.

Well...who knows :) lost 2/3 of my blood and started to bleed pretty fast (RP is strong in you)

DMZ    0

Well...who knows :) lost 2/3 of my blood and started to bleed pretty fast (RP is strong in you)

It's a better explanation than 'GHOSTS!'.

TightPants    0

God forgives, I don't.

And those people I refuse to forgive are also playing this game for me, works both ways. So just like they have the right to forgive someone I have the right to not forgive someone.

Yes people make mistakes when they are new to something but once they been around for over six months or even a year or more they should be accustomed to how the game works, what the rules are and how you play according the rules. If not then something is gravely wrong with the person. And if they have made mistakes before and still make mistakes, well I guess those people never learn. I believe that if you aren't punished by your mistakes in some way or another, you will never truly learn from them and are bound to repeat them.But after a year or so you shouldn't make mistakes in a familiar environment.

Well until that time I actually make a mistake that leads to an report, I shall go on forth with a clean record in regards of mistakes.

The staff is there to judge the reports and decide whatever a punishment is needed or not. If they find that a person or a group of people broke the rules and a needs to be punished then so be it. It's better than to let people off the hook simply because they said "sorry". Are they actually sorry or did they just write it to get away without charges? I can see people writing a long repenting post that will appeal to the victim just because they don't want to be punished. Some are good with words others not but in my opinion if the case is clear and the evidence prove you guilty, simple sorry isn't going to be enough.

That is my opinion on the matter, like it or not.

Ancalagon    0

This honestly shouldn't have to be a challenge in the first place. People should already understand to do this rather than go and get someone banned.

This. I was never a friend of people who report every shit or just do reports for the sake of getting people banned.

If people apologize (And i dont mean a "uhmm yeah, sorry m8") for what they have done and i can understand what happend, i would most likely forgive them. But what should i say, i only created one formal report by myself, the rest did others.

Yet, i decide weither i forgive someone or not, depends on the situation. There are situations and deeds which i wont forgive, doesn't matter if he apologizes afterwards.

Sometimes, u thunk that people deserve their punishment. And thats the power you have when you report someone. Yes, the Staff might decide weither the rule was broken or not and which punishment the person might get.

But if something is worth a report or a possible ban, if something is unforgivable or not, is still decided by the victim.

When there are missunderstandings, just stupid coincidences or similar things, i doubt that i would have a problem to forgive people what they did. I think i've never been reported so far, still, after the months i've spend here i know that shit happens. And i also think of myself that i can see if people are really sorry because it was a mistake or if this guys is well kown for his triggerhappy attitude.