Server time: 2017-08-20, 21:17

Sign in to follow this  
SatansNightOut

Female Soldier Colors... ?

SatansNightOut    105

I don't know if this has been discussed before, though I'm sure it has. However, I wasn't able to find anything on the forums (I confess I didn't search too extensively).

I was just curious if it was at all POSSIBLE to implement color options for the skin below? (Female Soldier). As neat as the skin is, it does get quite tiresome to have the same bland green, and I figured with the lack of options female characters have in comparison to the male variety, it'd be neat to have certain colors, even just one or two. Black, would be neat, of course.

Anyway, I'm not really suggesting anything, I'm more just curious if it's even possible. :)

53.jpg

It's possible to retexture the skin. So yes.

SatansNightOut    105

It's possible to retexture the skin. So yes.

I just think it'd be cool to have the option of different colors, much like the default female skins.

If I had the skills, I'd retexture it myself. But sadly, I'm just putting out a hopeful suggestion. ^_^

Just to add to my suggestion thread (instead of posting another), has anyone ever come across this skin?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11782

tania_05_4.jpg

That looks pretty sexy. I haven't seen anybody post that skin before.

SatansNightOut    105

That looks pretty sexy. I haven't seen anybody post that skin before.

The face is kinda funky, but I think it'd be nice to at least HAVE the additional option.

I've never seen it used in any type of Arma server, but I've messed around with that Tanya skin in the Mission Editor. It's not so bad.

I wonder if it can be used, though.

I heard Thumper can re-texture skins, but I wouldn't bother him to much about it.

SatansNightOut    105

I heard Thumper can re-texture skins, but I wouldn't bother him to much about it.

I thought he had a suggestion thread somewhere? Or something like that.

In any case, I wouldn't bother him with it, but I still wouldn't mind running the idea by him.

who knows? Maybe with a bit of support, we can convince him to take some time to see what he can do. :)

Jess Newton    2

Honestly, I dont think it's fair to the females on the server to only have a few options to choose from, they should have just as many options as the males that play. This has been discussed for the past year, and I'm not sure why there is still limited options for our female community members.

SatansNightOut    105

Honestly, I dont think it's fair to the females on the server to only have a few options to choose from, they should have just as many options as the males that play. This has been discussed for the past year, and I'm not sure why there is still limited options for our female community members.

Well, maybe this is a small step towards opening up a few more options, even if it's just color options.

*shrug*

I like the skin, I'd just like to have a bit of variety.

Jess Newton    2

Well, maybe this is a small step towards opening up a few more options, even if it's just color options.

*shrug*

I like the skin, I'd just like to have a bit of variety.

Yeah I understand, I mean I am a guy, but it's crappy that there arent more female skins for you and the others to choose from (even Misty). Maybe we should #OccupyDayZRP to get results ;)

SatansNightOut    105

Don't get me wrong---I'm a male player (have to set profile to female to get female skins), but I'm all for the options, for everyone. xD

Jess Newton    2

Don't get me wrong---I'm a male player (have to set profile to female to get female skins), but I'm all for the options, for everyone. xD

haha thought you were actually a female.. and here I am sucking up for no reason.. just kidding.. I know there are a few on the server

SatansNightOut    105

I think this skin has been suggested before. I'll try and find the thread, but I think it was rejected for being too low quality.

Oh, well, no big loss.

I'd still like to see the Female Solder 2 textured with some colors. :D

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

I have already done one re skin I skinned it black, if you guys link me some more textures that you would like to see eg. what camo and colors you want, I will make them and send them to Tamaster to see if they could be added :P

spiderman-meme-generator-its-ok-guys-i-got-this-6911aa.jpg

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

I have re skinned the skin in a jet black kinda way the texture isn't the best but I can easily change it to any camo or color :P

Here take a look:

XuIM4Ro.jpg?1

I have re skinned the skin in a jet black kinda way the texture isn't the best but I can easily change it to any camo or color :P

Here take a look:

XuIM4Ro.jpg?1

10/10 would buy

would be even better if i could use a balaclava on that, certamine do you think this would be possible???

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

Here take a look:

-SNIP-

10/10 would buy

would be even better if i could use a balaclava on that, certamine do you think this would be possible???

I don't think so I will have a look to see If I can model the balaclava onto a female head :P So at the moment I don't think so but I will give it a try.

kyoto    4

Here take a look:

XuIM4Ro.jpg?1

pls I wantz

Moose    7

Here take a look:

XuIM4Ro.jpg?1

Ermahgerd <3

SweetJoe    281

Thats a nice re-skin...well re-texture. Really I like it. Its much better than the bland skin.

Are you able to fix or alter the animations the skin does as well? Or are you limited to texture changes? I ask because there are many skins in the database that are...well female civilians. They look good but they are broke. I dont think they have the player and soldier animations. As you know that means we cant use them. Well...I guess what im getting at is...if someone were to fix these skins...if they had proper permission and skill...they might be added to the game...that is...because they would no longer be broken.

SatansNightOut    105

Here take a look:

XuIM4Ro.jpg?1

SUPER YES.

This is exactly what I was hoping for. Amy would look super-fantastic in black with her gas mask.

You're my hero!

I donno what I can do since I lack the skills, but if there's anything don't hesitate to ask me!

Even a mouth scarf would be neat. :D