Server time: 2017-08-19, 22:43

Sign in to follow this  

Blue snowball microphone

I'm thinking of buying this mic because my current mic is rather quiet (Not sure why because on my laptop it was loud). I was just wondering what are peoples opinions on this piece of equipment?

aTWuLH3.jpg?2

WarMachine    11

I had it for quite a while and I love it. I use it for videos and for Ingame. Its a great mic and I recommend it!

tnkydoe    14

I heard its great! I have also heard it's worth spending the extra money for the yeti!

I heard its great! I have also heard it's worth spending the extra money for the yeti!

Don't think I need to go that far, I'm not a DJ or anything that requires that good of quality. I just want decent enough in game and TS voice :)

Voedric    28

I have it atm and its great, sound quality is top notch and the build quality is top notch.

tnkydoe    14

Don't think I need to go that far, I'm not a DJ or anything that requires that good of quality. I just want decent enough in game and TS voice :)

It would bug me having that in my face I prefer headsets :D

Nihoolious    1106

For a similar price, I would actually recommend the Samson Meteor intsead.

It too is USB, but it has a built in microphone mute button. It is smaller, but that makes it more portable without sacrificing the quality. And from watching comparisons with it and the snowball, it picks up your voice and I personally think it sounds better. It is what I own now and you can see some of my latest videos to see how it sounds from a fellow RPer (shamless selfpromotion).

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Moving to Off Topic.

Ego    1

It has quite a hollow sound in the background, I would suggest the Blue Yeti, same brand and I tiny bit more expensive, but most certainly worth it. I would highly advise you to get this one over the blue snowball.

Aj1080pGamer    0

It has quite a hollow sound in the background, I would suggest the Blue Yeti, same brand and I tiny bit more expensive, but most certainly worth it. I would highly advise you to get this one over the blue snowball.

Agreed I have it and it really is amazing and I have tons of videos you can listen to. Haha sorry had to mock nihoolious.

www.youtube.com/aj1080pgamer

Nihoolious    1106

Agreed I have it and it really is amazing and I have tons of videos you can listen to. Haha sorry had to mock nihoolious.

www.youtube.com/aj1080pgamer

Trying to outstage me with your 1K subs and hunnit+ videos? OK bro, I see how it is.

Yeah, the Yeti is a really good option if you willing to spend double that of the snowball. If you can, go for it.

Jess Newton    2

I use this mic in my in home studio for recording music. It sounds great in my opinion, but if you're just going to use it for gaming.. I would suggest something smaller.

Reptile449    0

I have the snowball ice, fine for me so far, you would have to ask other people what it sounds like for them though. Bit bulky but I can still carry it around no problem. Survived quite a few drops. Worth noting the ice is all you need for recording one person or for gaming, the original snowball is only really needed for picking up multiple people in one room.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

What about the yeti