Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 03:59

Improved Zelenogorsk

Moose

Do you like it?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Emerald

Ofcourse this is a WIP and I am open to any and all ciritizm. I took inspiration from kakan's Stary Sobor and made the bald spot in Zelenogorsk into something more interesting.

Version #2

1bUt2IS.png

Update:

VvFw8dR.jpg

ATheBFu.jpg

T0K86OG.jpg

Z5hd6rW.jpg

uXtSgk2.jpg

1tgU239.jpg

fz9r0Ak.jpg

AKFmZ43.jpg

• MVP

Nice, I like it. +1

It does make better use of space, would be a lot of loot though if all those buildings spawned military/medical loot, any way to make them spawn less or remove spawning? I heard that loot and zombie spawns were linked to certain buildings or something and that couldn't be changed.

Looks cool though, nice addition to what's otherwise a rather empty and uninteresting city people only ever visit to pass through. A bit of loot would bring players over and spread server population out, which is always a good thing.

• Emerald

It does make better use of space, would be a lot of loot though if all those buildings spawned military/medical loot, any way to make them spawn less or remove spawning? I heard that loot and zombie spawns were linked to certain buildings or something and that couldn't be changed.

Looks cool though, nice addition to what's otherwise a rather empty and uninteresting city people only ever visit to pass through. A bit of loot would bring players over and spread server population out, which is always a good thing.

That was one of my main concerns while making the place. It is a lot of tents... But it has about the same amount as Stary does and it doesnt seem to be a problem there. Only thing is this has 4 med tents instead of just two.

EDIT: There are actually quite a few more tents then I thought. Ill be getting rid of some.

• Emerald

perhaps not as many tents as there currently is, perhaps replace some of the tents with some other buildings i dont know wich type or just rearange were the tents are placed soo it would look more logical if you were to add in some other buildings and remove some of the tents but nontheless great work ten outa ten

Guest magw33d

There is no character in this, and it adds nothing to roleplay, only loot.

You need to grot it up, maybe remove some tents as they are packed as tight as sardines right now, and add some props for roleplay value.

• Emerald

You need to grot it up, maybe remove some tents as they are packed as tight as sardines right now, and add some props for roleplay value.

You make me sad :( Just kidding ofcourse I will still be adding more to the area to spice it up a bit.

• Emerald

Nice like the look of this but yeh add something that's less military or make it look scruffy like it was overran or something

Yeah it is supposed to look like a temporary military base but you are right it does need a little "roughing up." Working on it now.

Nice like the look of this but yeh add something that's less military or make it look scruffy like it was overran or something

Yeah it is supposed to look like a temporary military base but you are right it does need a little "roughing up." Working on it now.

Other than that I like the idea of where it's places and the general look of things so good job :)

• Legend

Kinda like standalone with the military camp and such i approve +1

Id like to see this as a new stary tents so the west side of the map gets popular :)

• Diamond

I kind of like it. Just work a little bit more on it and then we're good.

• Emerald

This is exactly right. It is too squeaky clean, too symmetrical, lacks a soul. Less tents, make them not be in nice rows (if you have played ArmA3, inspire yourself with the guerilla camp of the army remnants), some briefing tables, munitions storage, some place where the soldiers went to on their "off" time with benches and tables, some rubble thrown around. Make a hole in the wall perhaps, with some sandbags around (i.e. the wall fell and the soldiers tried to makeshift repair it with at least sandbags). Things like that. Flavor.

• Emerald

This is exactly right. It is too squeaky clean, too symmetrical, lacks a soul. Less tents, make them not be in nice rows (if you have played ArmA3, inspire yourself with the guerilla camp of the army remnants), some briefing tables, munitions storage, some place where the soldiers went to on their "off" time with benches and tables, some rubble thrown around. Make a hole in the wall perhaps, with some sandbags around (i.e. the wall fell and the soldiers tried to makeshift repair it with at least sandbags). Things like that. Flavor.

Its funny I just finished adding some of that stuff in. There were already holes in the wall but I just patched them with sandbags and added a briefing area too. Removed two of the medical tents and four of the regular tents. Thanks for the feedback.

• Emerald

always thought Zelly needed more valuable loot locations to get it more player populated.

although the amount of tents now is a bit much :P

• Emerald

Would love to see Zelenogorsk a bit more fleshed out as it seems empty. Would like to see some military camps around the place.

• Emerald

One thing I always wanted to see would be an entire barricaded town, or a square or big street. Think the Governor's place from Walking Dead. All of the access routes barricades, with makeshift fences, and only one or two gates in and out. Obviously in our universe it would be "overrun" and populated by zombies but I think it would be a cool place to visit and roleplay in. Just two access points would also make it a challenge to enter (due to the zombies).

Perhaps you might want to expand this? :) basically, something like this: (red are gates, black are walls/barricades)

ZmR0fwX.jpg

One thing I always wanted to see would be an entire barricaded town, or a square or big street. Think the Governor's place from Walking Dead. All of the access routes barricades, with makeshift fences, and only one or two gates in and out. Obviously in our universe it would be "overrun" and populated by zombies but I think it would be a cool place to visit and roleplay in. Just two access points would also make it a challenge to enter (due to the zombies).

Perhaps you might want to expand this? :) basically, something like this: (red are gates, black are walls/barricades)

ZmR0fwX.jpg

A very nice idea martin but it won't properly implemented, i have the feel at least.

But yeah, would be a nice visiting spot, you could even clean out the area and make a living there.

• Sapphire

Needs less tents and some more props to make it ideal to hang out at ^^