Server time: 2017-08-20, 09:35

Sign in to follow this  
Spotter

Suggested Staff Faction: The Scabs

Spotter    0

A group of isolationist survivors led by a paranoid doctor who still wants to help others. This doctor encourages the survivors he is with to scavenge the wasteland, completely hidden, and to find left-for-dead survivors. They bring those half-dead survivors to this brilliant doctor who fixes up the survivor. The scavengers pick you clean of your gear as payment for the medical treatment, and they drop you off at an unknown location in clean clothes and a radio to call for help from more... Direct aid. The doctor gets to help people without ever risking confrontation with other survivors. I'm actually really happy for him.

Survivors called them scavengers at first. Then they called them "Scavs" as a bit of a nickname out of a bizarre appreciation for their services. But when this nickname caught on and was passed around the campfire, it was misheard in a massive game of telephone and they are now called "The Scabs."

And thus respawning as the same character in new clothes in a random field somewhere is half-assedly explained xD

This is definitely a great clan idea, but to be honest who cares if it's staff or not. I would like to see a group like this period.

Spotter    0

I figured it was a bit of a preposterous clan idea to take credit for saving everyone's life ever in dayz. It's more a suggestion as a random part of the lore just to have a way to role play the fact that you respawn xD

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

As Diggy said, I don't necessarily think it has to be a staff created group. I think it's a great idea that anyone could build, maybe you should give it a shot, ehy. :)

Spotter    0

How about this:

The injected is currently in need of a paranoid doctor. We will bring you patients to fix up while we charge them for the supplies used.

How about this:

The injected is currently in need of a paranoid doctor. We will bring you patients to fix up while we charge them for the supplies used.

Perfect! I am sure there are plenty people RPing as paranoid doctors for you to recruit.

Really excited to see how that works out in game.

They'll be finding me a lot then unfortunately. :D

But seriously there should be someone in game RP'ing as a Scab (nice name btw). I might use this next time I 'die' unexpectedly, then make it my mission to seek out the Scab who helped me and thank him.

Tomeran    3

Like others, I think this works the best as a group idea rather then staff factions.

Staff factions are usually very large and powerful, and this sounds like a small specialized group of scavengers.

This could be a very interesting group concept unless you were specificly trying to explain players respawn mechanic in an IC way by saying that these people are always responsible for people respawning.

Im not entirely sure that will work tbh. There are some OOC aspects of this game that doesnt make sense that I dont think we should even try to explain, because it is exceptionally difficult if not impossible to do so sensibly.

Spotter    0

Last time my friend died I came up with this elaborate reason on the spot why he respawmed someplace. I think it's just a mystery the survivors will have to speculate on around the campfire. I will make it my goal to have the Scabs be an assumed presence in the world entirely on rumor, tom, and there's nothing you can do about it :P