Server time: 2017-08-23, 11:57

Sign in to follow this  
Zipcouda

Zombie Strength

Zipcouda    49

Hello guys, I understand that as of recently there was a new update to zombie strength. Yesterday was my first time really dealing with zombies since i wanted to loot gugglovo. I was about ready to enter the barrack when I saw two zombies in there. I began shooting at them knowing I would draw other zombies and just be able to kill them inside.

After 3 seconds I was instantly knocked unconscious by something behind me, a zombie I assume. Which they then took my blood to 0 before I even got conscious again. Sorry to say but that is ridiculous. I had full blood with no other zombies anywhere near me, but that one that likely glitched hit me while running at me.

I have also seen other people playing where they are fighting zombies and get hit once or twice and are unconscious, only to be nearly killed because of how the timer is. You really need to lower the chance of being knocked out. Maybe increase the chance of being knocked over, but knocked out is ridiculous, its not even worth playing if all you do is get hit once at full blood then unconscious till death.

So am I just going to die every time a Zombie hits me? Remember that this is arma with very glitchy zombies, I wouldn't be shocked if I was in the barracks and a zombie glitched through the building and managed to kill me.

Burgz    6

No.

You just got unlucky, it happens to us all. You always get that one zombie that insta KO's you. I like the zombie strength, it actually makes people fear them. Which, in an apocalypse is good.

I for one relish the challenge of having to avoid zombie confrontations again. It adds a significant factor to plan out many things to prevent any infected getting involved.

It does bring the fear back and for that I am grateful.

Zipcouda    49

I don't know about unlucky as Ive watched it happen about 3 times, and it has happened to me twice now. Luckly I was near a guy yesterday in Stary that got knocked unconscious in the same manor.

I for one relish the challenge of having to avoid zombie confrontations again. It adds a significant factor to plan out many things to prevent any infected getting involved.

I can agree that I enjoy the fear element in a game, and the zombies being more of a threat. But seriously knocked out instantly at full blood, then killed as the time runs out is stupid.

Why not just increase their strength, or the chance of being knocked over instead of knocked unconscious?

Rolle    2464

You shouldn't get knocked out with full blood unless they headshot you.

I don't know about unlucky as Ive watched it happen about 3 times, and it has happened to me twice now. Luckly I was near a guy yesterday in Stary that got knocked unconscious in the same manor.

I can agree that I enjoy the fear element in a game, and the zombies being more of a threat. But seriously knocked out instantly at full blood, then killed as the time runs out is stupid.

Why not just increase their strength, or the chance of being knocked over instead of knocked unconscious?

I've had it too. Mike Tyson zombies have been a regular occurrence. Honestly though, now I have done my absolute best not to attract any or to not get hit.

I think that is a much better change than standing my ground and being willing to take a few hits.

DMZ    0

remove zombies please

Remov SDS plz, I no want robbing.

Tweek    0

That has only happend to me once. Either im lucky or you are unlucky

Oldman    22

remove zombies please

Yes and please, I want to spawn with backpack and medical suplies again!

Err the zombie strength hasn't been upped yet Zip its not going up till next patch.....

Voodoo    371

I don't think that was really needed :P

Back on topic: I think the Zombies are fine just have to avoid them and plan out routes. Best option is to keep guns away and use a hatchet or other melee weapon at your disposal :)

Back on topic: I think the Zombies are fine just have to avoid them and plan out routes. Best option is to keep guns away and use a hatchet or other melee weapon at your disposal :)

Wait wait wait so you want Zipcouda......to be quiet.......cant happen wont happen :troll:

Tamaster92    14

The zombies haven't been touched yet, that is on a ROLLING changelog - IE it isn't live yet.

The way zombies work is they have a melee weapon similar to a hatchet but much shorter range and lower damage. As such if they get lucky and headshot you it WILL do a shit tonne of damage and knock you out. When a player is knocked out zombies do a small amount more damage than usual.

You were incredibly unlucky to get hit that hard if you were on full blood and I feel sorry you but remember -

This is a zombie SURVIVAL game, the zombie have to be tough and/or pwoerful to present a threat to the players. Have you tried playing a mod like OVerwatch or any others with weaker zombies? I think we can all see how that turned out.

As for the update (which ISN'T live yet) We are very, very carefully testing how strong zombies are with upgraded stats, rest assured it won't be suicide to aggro one of them, it will just be a challenge.

Voodoo    371

Wait wait wait so you want Zipcouda......to be quiet.......cant happen wont happen :troll:

Oh course it won't. I still remember his initiations on Altar :troll:

Tomeran    3

Tyson Zombies have been a thing since...like a year ago. Sometimes you run into one and they knock you out even at full blood, headshots. Its very rare though.

I've dedicated a lot of my time fighting zeds, I generally dont PvP, and it has happened to me maybe 4 or 5 times. In a year.(give or take) I have a fair amount of playtime on the servers.

I'll say what I usually say: Zombies are too easy. And they should be tougher. The freak-of-nature rarity of Tyson zombies is not enough to really "bring the fear" back.

Give'em 100.000 blood and minigun arms I SAY! MWAAH!

...no but seriously im looking forward to see them bosted.

Mellstrom    21

Give'em 100.000 blood and minigun arms I SAY! MWAAH!

you mean like this?

v2dsA08.jpg

MartinJ    1

Nothing more exciting than trying to get to a populated area like Prud Lake on almost zero blood, and then roleplaying being badly wounded and collapsing between people as your character gets to the limit and you roleplay it properly. I love it.

I'm looking forward to less zombies with more strength :)

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Zombies are not OP, they're just glitched to shit

And they have been since the mod (dayz, not dayzrp) was released, I don't think they'll ever be fixed, you just gotta get used to the glitches and how to avoid them

MikeTheVike    0

Could the unconscious timers be lowered a bit then? Let's be honest, how often has a zombie ever knocked someone out cold in movies or television? You don't see it happening much, I can take getting knocked down but in the past week I've been killed twice because of random drive-by zombies who one shot me to the ground unconscious and then their buddies all gather around and have a feast.

Tamaster92    14

Could the unconscious timers be lowered a bit then? Let's be honest, how often has a zombie ever knocked someone out cold in movies or television? You don't see it happening much, I can take getting knocked down but in the past week I've been killed twice because of random drive-by zombies who one shot me to the ground unconscious and then their buddies all gather around and have a feast.

Again, you got head shotted by the zombie and there is nothing to change there. It's completely random and you go unlucky

Clintbet    0

I'm not very certain if there's anything to do with the zombies on this game. What it'd need is a game engine overhaul and that's a no go.

MikeTheVike    0

Again, you got head shotted by the zombie and there is nothing to change there. It's completely random and you go unlucky

Yes, I understand that but can you not still decrease how long someone is unconscious from one of these unlucky scenarios? It would give people a better chance to survive when something like this happens.

Sign in to follow this