Server time: 2017-10-19, 14:48
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Yuval

AKM weapon pack?

Would you like more AKM variants in DayzRP?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like more AKM variants in DayzRP?

• Yes
    • No

Yuval    2

I personally find AK 74 to be shite, so i quickly look around and saw this

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4528

looks like this pack has a bunch of AKM's with PSO scopes, supressors and stuff..

AKM is a very common gun and it looks like it has the same attachments as the AK74, so you can remove a PSO from a 74 and attach to an AKM

I don't see a cobra here but i know there is one (possibly IG?)

VaneKyle    0

Well, that pack is for Armed Assault I think (First ARMA), I'm sure it's easy enough to port but I wonder how it would look / handle.

EDIT: Although I would love AKM with attachments!:D

Valkerion    0

Well, that pack is for Armed Assault I think (First ARMA), I'm sure it's easy enough to port but I wonder how it would look / handle.

Im sure it ports fine i believe they have this pack in Overwatch?

All i know is if been on Overwatch and the silenced AKM is an absolute beast :P

All of my yes for this pack i love the AKM it is my favorite weapon however it does lack the useability of other weapons due to lack of attachments (and the iron sights being mediocre at best) and this should fix that :)

Yuval    2

Lel, didn't see it's for the first arma :P but still if it's not tricky to port it would be nice seeing this IG

tnkydoe    14

AKM does too much blood damage IMO for everyone to be running around with one. I for one love the new ak pack and the redone sights. The only akm I would agree to adding, is the one from dayzero with remodeled iron sights. But unfortunately we all know how dayzero devs are....

Mikachu    26

There a REALLY nice AEK pack currently in the maybe folder, it includes 5.45 and 7.62 versions.

Not sure how a ARMA 1 pack would work in this case though - will look further into it

Yuval    2

AKM does too much blood damage IMO for everyone to be running around with one. I for one love the new ak pack and the redone sights. The only akm I would agree to adding, is the one from dayzero with remodeled iron sights. But unfortunately we all know how dayzero devs are....

I'm pretty sure it does just abit more damage than stanag (4100 conpared to 4000)

for me it'll be a good alternative to stanag, but not as good due to the noise AKM do while firing.

And i don't see what is wrong with allot of AKM's if that will happen, it's pretty much the most common rifle in the world (by that i mean the AK-47)

STANAG - 4K blood damage, more accuracy, less noise/no noise with SD rounds

AKM - abit more damage, less accurate and way louder. Seems balanced to me

Valkerion    0

I'm pretty sure it does just abit more damage than stanag (4100 conpared to 4000)

for me it'll be a good alternative to stanag, but not as good due to the noise AKM do while firing.

And i don't see what is wrong with allot of AKM's if that will happen, it's pretty much the most common rifle in the world (by that i mean the AK-47)

STANAG - 4K blood damage, more accuracy, less noise/no noise with SD rounds

AKM - abit more damage, less accurate and way louder. Seems balanced to me

Stanag and 30Rnd AK both do 3.5k blood damage

Where as AKM does 4.5k

But then again the AKM does have its downsides:

- Loud as hell making it somewhat less effective against zeds

- Higher recoil

- Slower rate of fire

Also you would be right in saying the AKM is the most common weapon in the world the AK47 practically doesn't exist anymore its just most people can rarely tell the difference between an AKM and a 47

Mikachu    26

STANAG does 3555 damage, AKM does 4500

Franz    0

You think the AKM does too much blood damage ? Well, I don't know what amount of blood damage you would find acceptable for it, but after all it shoots 7.62 rounds while Stanag rifles only use 5.56 rounds but still nearly do as much blood damage as an AKM, so I find that quite acceptable.

Valkerion    0

You think the AKM does too much blood damage ? Well, I don't know what amount of blood damage you would find acceptable for it, but after all it shoots 7.62 rounds while Stanag rifles only use 5.56 rounds but still nearly do as much blood damage as an AKM, so I find that quite acceptable.

Agreed considering the MK17 uses a NATO 7.62 variant and that does about 8k blood damage i think 4.5k is more than acceptable for an AKM

Yuval    2

The only thing that is weird for me is the supressor. Just doesn't fit the AKM very well. So could be just the scoped variants added IG?

tnkydoe    14

I think the gun itself is fine. It does good blood damage for its current model. What I'm saying is it would be OP with scopes.

Edit: I also believe we have more than enough military grade weapons in the loot tables. We have new shotguns and M4 pack coming soon

Valkerion    0

The only thing that is weird for me is the supressor. Just doesn't fit the AKM very well. So could be just the scoped variants added IG?

The Silenced AKM in this pack is a different style AKM it looks much better in my opinion

akm_pbs_1.jpg

^^^^^

It looks like that with a light wood colour in game

Yuval    2

I'll add this.

it wouldn't be OP with scopes as at least for me, if i'd find a M4 CCO i'd ditch my AKM GP25 PSO for it

Stanag and american weaponry, or any low damage one's will have their room IG.

Valkerion    0

I think the gun itself is fine. It does good blood damage for its current model. What I'm saying is it would be OP with scopes.

Edit: I also believe we have more than enough military grade weapons in the loot tables. We have new shotguns and M4 pack coming soon

AKMs aren't really military anymore (they may still be in some countries) but for the most part they were replaced with the AK74 and its variants and most AKMs are now owned by civilians.

Franz    0

Oh, well that is understandable, but in case they really implement an AKM model with PSO scope sometime soon they will also make the spawn rates of these scopes lower, cause they shouldn't just lay around in every corner in every military spawn.

Valkerion    0

Oh, well that is understandable, but in case they really implement an AKM model with PSO scope sometime soon they will also make the spawn rates of these scopes lower, cause they shouldn't just lay around in every corner in every military spawn.

Why would it matter we already have the SA-58 Acog and CCO isnt that basically the same thing?

The only one id like from this pack is the Silenced variant as like i said we already got the SA-58s

Franz    0

Why would it matter we already have the SA-58 Acog and CCO isnt that basically the same thing?

The only one id like from this pack is the Silenced variant as like i said we already got the SA-58s

Because we can

*insert "Why not both"- Dora meme here*

Valkerion    0

Because we can

*insert "Why not both"- Dora meme here*

Fair point why not both? I am all for variety

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

There are plenty of AKM's models in ACE. I am sure they could be found, still wanting/looking for the red dot 7.62 AEK.

Valkerion    0

There are plenty of AKM's models in ACE. I am sure they could be found, still wanting/looking for the red dot 7.62 AEK.

Oh the AEK-973 PK-A?

That thing is like the best weapon in DayZRP i got so many kills with that when i was in Enclave

Yuval    2

PKA looks so bad, blury and small sight. I rather use a AKM with no scope than that..