Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alfie

Some textures/objects get deleted when I launch Arma, no idea why

Question

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

7ZRl5.jpg

7ZRHA.jpg

If you don't notice, that's Prud, it's like there's been some sort of fallout.

This is a prime example of what happens, sometimes it'll do it to bushes etc and those will just be a grey mesh. I don't know what happens when it does this, but I know it's not the RP mod (as it's happened on other mods as well). I could probably get banned for this on other servers if I start shooting people, as they could be behind a tree 800 metres away in a forest, and I'd be able to hit him.

Has anyone had this issue before?

*EDIT* I've reinstalled Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, BAF, PMC enough times to realise that doesn't work.

2 answers to this question

Ghost of Levi    8

A friend of mine had a similair problem to this, he had the steam verson of arma 2 + oa but when launching in steam or launchers that happened. OA has trouble finding the A2 directory and doesnt launch A2 or only partialy.

We fixed it by going to documents and moving arma 2 and arma 2 other profiles to the desktop, than go into your steam directory/steamapps/common/arma2operationarrowhead and look for a .cmd called _runA2CO.cmd and launch it, it will start Combined operations with default settings. close the game and move your arma 2 and arma 2 other profiles back to my documents and it should be fixed than.

another solution i can think of is: go to your arma 2 instalation folder and delete all Plants2_ Pbo and PBOBISIGN files and than refalidate in steam since only plants are missing

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

It worked, thanks so much man! :D