Server time: 2017-10-17, 09:29
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Soren

Auto Save Sent PM's?

Question

Soren    0

When you send a message on the forums, it doesn't automatically save a copy of it to your 'Sent Items'-folder.

Now you need to tick the box saying

"Save a Copy: save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder."

And honestly, it's really hard to get used to it, as for as far back as I can remember, it's always saved itself on its own.

Is there any way I can make it so it automatically saves a copy of my messages every time, so I won't have to manually tick it at each message, and forget it half of the times?

43 answers to this question

Toorrik    4

You cant, its a forum bug... I mean its a forum feature...

I think its just broken. Fix soon maybe?

Soren    0

You cant, its a forum bug... I mean its a forum feature...

I think its just broken. Fix soon maybe?

rolle plez

Soren    0

It's turned off.

papa plez

/Is there no way it could be turned on, or made so the individual user can choose on/off? It's really really annoying to loose your sent messages because you're used to having them save themselves.

Rolle    2926

It's turned off because it clutters your box space with PMs like "ok" and random chat, these kind of PMs do not need to be saved most of the time. If you send an important PM you should remember to save it for future reference.

At least that's how I feel about it, I've always had to uncheck the save box before sending a PM.

Toorrik    4

I was told it was a bug :l

But now Rolle has said it, its totally understandable with the reason

Soren    0

It's turned off because it clutters your box space with PMs like "ok" and random chat, these kind of PMs do not need to be saved most of the time. If you send an important PM you should remember to save it for future reference.

At least that's how I feel about it, I've always had to uncheck the save box before sending a PM.

So having it off turns in favor that you won't need to tick it off when you don't want to save something.

Having it turned on turns in favor that you won't need to tick it on to save the message.

Think about it like this, if you "forget" to tick the box off saying that you don't want the reply, you can simply go into your storage and deleted it. If I forget to tick the box on saying I want to save it, there is no way of getting the message back.

What would you rather have on your desk?:

* 2 pieces of white paper with no text on them, that you need to throw out

* 0 papers, but you're in need of one pieces that you accidentally threw away

I think it should be changed back. Either way, one of the groups has to tick the box on or off, but one of them obviously has a larger draw-back if you forget to tick it.

Burgz    6

What is it you want it saved for though?

I gotta agree with Rolle, if it's important enough, you'd remember to tick it. Sadly when I fell victim to it, it wasn't the case because I just didn't know :P

WarMachine    11

In my opinion, I believe it should be changed back as well. Also, I think there should be a poll on another thread whether to have it back or not.

Soren    0

I want it saved for the obvious reason that I can look back at it later if necessary. I, as the only one here apparently, actually write some decent replies to people, that are not always just single worded, "OK". If I do write a reply every now and then that I don't need saved, then I will tick it off, if I forget - then I will delete it some other day when it fills up my storage.

Same reason that your sent e-mails are also always saved. Sent messages on Facebook. Everything.

Burgz    6

I want it saved for the obvious reason that I can look back at it later if necessary. I, as the only one here apparently, actually write some decent replies to people, that are not always just single worded, "OK". If I do write a reply every now and then that I don't need saved, then I will tick it off, if I forget - then I will delete it some other day when it fills up my storage.

Same reason that your sent e-mails are also always saved. Sent messages on Facebook. Everything.

Hmm, I suppose you do have quite a valid point.

Actually, pondering on the thought. Surely there won't be any 'pointless PMs' anymore due to the fact that we now have the Chat system, therefore nullifying your reasoning (Rolle) for wanting it in the first place?

Hatch    0

They just get saved to your sent box, so if you send; for example, a clan application you can refer back to it. If you do not have the box ticked then it is gone unless it is sent back to you from the reciever.

Moose    7

This would be nice. I sent a clan app to a friend to preview but forgot to check the box and had to wait for him to come online the next day to get it back.

Major Tom    88

I don't mind either way but at least announce this kind of thing. With clan applications, I get people sending and resending them over and over because they didn't see it in their 'sent' box. It doesn't seem to be common knowledge of how to save sent messages now that it's not automatic.

Burgz    6

I don't mind either way but at least announce this kind of thing. With clan applications, I get people sending and resending them over and over because they didn't see it in their 'sent' box. It doesn't seem to be common knowledge of how to save sent messages now that it's not automatic.

There's actually a way around that too.

If you click private messages, it takes you to that screen. On the left-side, one of the things says 'Tracking'. If you click this, it shows what PMs you have sent, but doesn't actually show you the content :P

Major Tom    88

There's actually a way around that too.

If you click private messages, it takes you to that screen. On the left-side, one of the things says 'Tracking'. If you click this, it shows what PMs you have sent, but doesn't actually show you the content :P

Yeah but not too many people know that ;P

MartinJ    1

Well - as for Rolle's reasonings - things like "ok" and irrelevant chat can now be handled via, well, THE CHAT - and I would assume that PMs are now used for longer, more important messages. So it would make sense to auto-save sent items now.

No?

Soren    0

Well - as for Rolle's reasonings - things like "ok" and irrelevant chat can now be handled via, well, THE CHAT - and I would assume that PMs are now used for longer, more important messages. So it would make sense to auto-save sent items now.

No?

Exactly.

Burgz    6

Actually, pondering on the thought. Surely there won't be any 'pointless PMs' anymore due to the fact that we now have the Chat system, therefore nullifying your reasoning (Rolle) for wanting it in the first place?

No?

I'm also in agreement.

Roman    0

oh damn, didn't realize you turned it off, damn. also didn't know you could save them...still such a noob with PMs.

Chris    63

No?

I'm also in agreement.

That also makes the assumption that one is using the chat feature :D

Burgz    6

Exactly! Thus forcing people to make use of it ;)

Chris    63

I set myself to appear offline on the chat, if I appeared as online I'd drown in pokes and chat windows. So I personally dont use it, but I suppose most people do.

Burgz    6

I set myself to appear offline on the chat, if I appeared as online I'd drown in pokes and chat windows. So I personally dont use it, but I suppose most people do.

I also make myself offline, but if I need to have a quick chat with someone, I'll set it online, find the person, chat and close it again :P