Server time: 2017-10-19, 19:59
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
vivallion

Forced first person?

Forced First Person on STANDALONE?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Forced First Person on STANDALONE?

vivallion    4

We all know Standalone will be amazing..what would make it more amazing is forced first person. This suggestion is somewhat obvious.

Main reason for this is to reduce waiting-gamey of pvp and further immerse into dayZ SA.

Maybe this isn't possible yet, but later..

(Yes on poll means atleast ONE SERVER AS HARDCORE)

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Bring it to the RP servers and I'll play 24/7!

Samaritan    345

Forced first person would make things more authentic, I'd be happy with it. Maybe a hardcore server from those who want it and another one fore those who want to keep 3rd person.

Dora    0

S1 Regular

S2 First person

If two servers are made that is.

vivallion    4

Snip, misread our friend ARC, but yeah, still standalone suggestions so don't get confused.

SatansNightOut    105

I'd hate this. I've always loved having the option between 3rd and 1st person. I love 3rd because I like to see my character. Even in games like Skyrim, I can't help but play in 3rd person. :T

It's preference, and if that option was taken away, I'd probably literally stop playing.

Voedric    28

No, Never.

I use my donation skins to so see how sexy my character looks and i can only do that in 3rd person.

naury42    0

If 2 servers and still same hive, than yes, why not.

Clintbet    0

S1 Regular

S2 First person

This.

Mental    0

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before... may be wrong. But 1 server with 1st person only would be nice

MrDisGood    0

It would be great to have one server first person and one normal because not everyone likes first person. I for one love having the option to go third person because I like seeing my character.

vivallion    4

No, Never.

I buy skins so i can see how sexy my character looks and i can only do that in 3rd person.

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before... may be wrong. But 1 server with 1st person only would be nice

Take note this is for the STANDALONE version. No skins, nuttin..you can admire your character form the inventory screen.

*ADDED POLL

Jukki    1

It has beem discussed so many times in past, and even thought I like first person only idea more, i can see where the others are coming from.

But honestly the positive side is better than the negative side imo, FORCE FPS!!!!

Snow    1

You might want to add a 'both' option on the poll, because a few people seem to want that (if there's two servers)

vivallion    4

I can't really update the poll, but i put a note on the opening post.

Corks    3

Definitely on standalone much better PVP and looks a lot better in my opinion.

Steve    0

yep agree you'd actually have to get out of cover to see where someone is

Stagsview    625

S1 Regular

S2 First person

Perfect... I love this idea. It may spilt the community up though... But i would support it for the RP

No for me.

With the addition of more items and clothing I want to be able to see how it looks properly. I know we can see it in the inventory screen but that differs for the other animations. I want to see the character I play and have more of a connection with them. Instead of just seeing out of their eyes with no clue on what and how my character is the way they are.

FireMatt    1

This is a strong no from me.

As soon as you say "force first person" I'm against it. We shouldn't have to force anything on players that is personal preference already. Whether that is forced brightness, forced FoV or forced perspective.

Now I can see why people would want a first person only server but we shouldn't force it onto everyone. First and third person are personal preferences for every member of our community. If you want to play first person no-one is stopping you. If you want to play third person no-one is stopping you.

I can see that third person is open to abuse but it has been ever since RP has been up but we've dealt with it so far. I don't see any reason to change it for standalone when the mechanics are the same.

From a personal PoV I can't stand first person for extended periods of time. I feel boxed in and claustrophobic especially when running around the map. I use first person whenever I'm in close quarters because it is much more beneficial for that environment. I find third person much more beneficial when I'm running about the map trying to get somewhere. All in all it's just personal preference.

Also if splitting the community is one of the only feasible solutions then it also gets another strong no from me. Why separate the community over something like a perspective in a game?

Oldman    22

No, but I would love to see it in vehicles. At the very least in choppers and the AN-2.

Rolle    2946

Obvious yes from me, 1st person view is how the game is meant to be played ;)

vivallion    4

Obvious yes from me, 1st person view is how the game is meant to be played ;)

Screencapped <3