Server time: 2017-10-19, 05:40
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Rowan S

Zombie skin

Rowan S    0

Hey guys, waht do younthink about the zombie skin instant kos rule?

I personalylt hink you should have to make sure that person is actually a flesh craving zomboid before being able to shoot them; What do you guys think?

naury42    0

I would kill as well. I don't see why would a zombie creature could run around with humans!

Burgz    6

It makes total sense IC, it may ruin some situations but if the Staff team see it fit, they will punish said person.

How can you distinguish between the two? If you are infected, and you're face has began to turn, then you're infected.

Rowan S    0

It makes total sense IC, it may ruin some situations but if the Staff team see it fit, they will punish said person.

How can you distinguish between the two? If you are infected, and you're face has began to turn, then you're infected.

Maybe you got bit and then somehow fixed it?

Rick    19

Considering I helped kill somebody using a zombie skin today, I think it makes compete IC reasoning to want to kill somebody with a zombie skin. I would say though, that you really should RP it out and not just shoot somebody in the face. Maybe change the rule so that it doesn't allow you to KoS them, but permits any RP execution of somebody wearing the zombie skin.

Guest King   
Guest King

A very odd topic, I think KOS should be allowed on infected.

Moose    7

I think some roleplay should be involved before shooting somebody with a zombie face. No just shooting at him because you can. Also shooting it because you mistook it for a real zombie shouldnt be punishable especially if he is wearing a skin that the zombies usually wear.

It would only be fair if the zombie could KOS non zombies, whether they use a melee weapon or a scripted zombie attack. It is only fair, 'lets shoot this person, it is a zombie! who cares what his role play is.' or 'lets eat this person, it is a human, who cares what his role play is.'.. On second thought, why not just remove the skin all together if it can not be used for good reason.

MrDisGood    0

I don't understand how the zombie skins works anyways, you would have to use a gun or melee weapon which zombies can't use. Someone clarify this?

I don't understand how the zombie skins works anyways, you would have to use a gun or melee weapon which zombies can't use. Someone clarify this?

Uhm.. In the Arma profile menu you can select glasses etc. Well you can pick a zombie face there. Thats all :)

MrDisGood    0

Uhm.. In the Arma profile menu you can select glasses etc. Well you can pick a zombie face there. Thats all :)

But how do all the rules work on RP?

Mental    0

If someone RP's as a zombie, you are allowed to KoS them. Theres a quote from Rolle somewhere saying it is so.

Chris    63

Personally, I would support just banning the zombie face from use. But I'm a stick in the mud :D

MrDisGood    0

I don't understand how you rp a zombie other than *Grunts* so I think it should just be removed.

Vassal    0

Removing the Zombie face would probably be for the better.

DMZ    0

I'd prefer to keep it in for the sake of variety.

Jukki    1

No offence, but some people seem to be a bit too narrow minded here :P

Zombie skins could actually introduce a new type of character completely, zombies with consciousness, half infected, soon to become zombies, failed experiments and so on. It does not neceserely have to be just a black and white. Oh you have zombie looking face but act human, you must be a zombie then, bam bam.

DMZ    0

Zombie skins could actually introduce a new type of character completely, zombies with consciousness, half infected, soon to become zombies, failed experiments and so on. It does not neceserely have to be just a black and white. Oh you have zombie looking face but act human, you must be a zombie then, bam bam.

+1

Mikachu    26

This.

I can think of some fantastic RP using the zombie face but at the moment it's pointless since people will just shoot you.

Needs to change IMO. This is dayz RP not dayz KOS

Moose    7

Perhaps instead of gaining automatic KoS rights on someone with a zombie face you should be granted "Execution Rights" if -your character- sees fit.

Franz    0

Yeah, I agree with Moose, if then you shouldn't just be able to shoot people with zombie faces straight away, especially if they don't act like zombies and talk/behave normally.

But you should be able to execute them for being infected if you RP it out really well and make it an enjoyable experience for them.

Gina    26

I can think of some fantastic RP using the zombie face but at the moment it's pointless since people will just shoot you.

In the same time the whole purpose for this mod is to kill infected/zombies.

I can see the arguements for RP also, but to be able to RP as being bit you don't need to wear zombie skin. I would personally think that if your infection is that bad already, theres nothing anyone can do for you anymore :)

Hofer    20

I agree.

But on the other side you have the natural IC reaction of killing zombies...

This is kind of a "gray area" to be honest.

Mikachu    26

In the same time the whole purpose for this mod is to kill infected/zombies.

I can see the arguements for RP also, but to be able to RP as being bit you don't need to wear zombie skin. I would personally think that if your infection is that bad already, theres nothing anyone can do for you anymore :)

Oh I don't expect people to ignore it I just think it shouldn't be straight up KOS. Someone in this thread suggested the skin gives anyone valid execution rights on you and I think that is fair - that way RP has to be involved so it will be enjoyable for both sides (hopefully)

Sidewinder    1

Atleast RP an execution instead of just shooting the guy straight out. Put some effort into the game...

If the person is walking about, talking and holding a gun he doesn't pose a threat at all. If the guy is behaving like a zombie go ahead and execute him. But think before you act, it's similar to ghouls in Fallout. You have feral ones and human ones (Well sort of human) which can be of use.

The KoS shouldn't be there but instead a ruling if the player is a threat and is acting like an infected players have the right to provide an execution. They are normally walking about with a slight infection you can use any validation as an execution.