Server time: 2017-10-22, 00:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tiger

A Little Worried

Question

Sir Tiger    0

Ok.

So apparently I just found out I only have 3 attempts to submit a whitelist application. And I have some questions to make sure I get the last one absolutely right.

1. Is it only 3 attempts, period, or is there a longer "cooldown" on after the third? And would there be any way to join after you have used the three attempts?

2. My applications have had all the info, but I think I'm being a bit to wordy and confusing in some parts (ex: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-please-help--40217 ). What I want to know is, would it be acceptable to do something akin to bullet points, in order to be perfectly clear what I am trying to say?

I'm really starting to freak out a bit. I've always considered myself a good writer, and I don't know why I seem to be having so much trouble with this. I really hope I'm not being rejected because of stricter acceptance guidelines because of all the apps caused by Frankie's video.

:(

10 answers to this question

Burgz    6

1. There are 3 attempts period. You have a 24 hour cooldown after each one.

2. Bullet points would be fine I suppose, so long as still make them reasonably wordy. I wouldn't recommend using them in your backstory unless you're listing items or something.

Good luck!

Sir Tiger    0

2. Bullet points would be fine I suppose, so long as still make them reasonably wordy. I wouldn't recommend using them in your backstory unless you're listing items or something.

Good luck!

My backstory is rather long, I'm going to leave that be. I'm more worried about making the KoS and NLR parts perfectly clear, as I got rejected by rather small things it seemed.

Burgz    6

Good luck!

My backstory is rather long, I'm going to leave that be. I'm more worried about making the KoS and NLR parts perfectly clear, as I got rejected by rather small things it seemed.

You could write your current one and then maybe sum up the key points at the end using them?

Sir Tiger    0

Good luck!

You could write your current one and then maybe sum up the key points at the end using them?

I would, except there is apparently a max character limit (? dunno why) which I found the second time I submitted an application, because I made it a lot more detailed than my first.

Burgz    6

I've never heard of a max character restriction?

I'm not entirely sure yet, reduce waffle and be more concise I suppose.

Samaritan    346

Explain the rules as best you can and if you haven't already make sure you explain KoS/NLR as if you were playing it out, give examples. How you would initiate on someone, what if they comply (your options), what if they don't comply (your options etc). What happens if you are initiated on etc. Write down how each scenario would play out.

Best of luck!

Sir Tiger    0

I've never heard of a max character restriction?

I'm not entirely sure yet, reduce waffle and be more concise I suppose.

Ok, thanks for the quick feedback. I really want to make it perfect, so there is no reason for it to be rejected. Every day I wait makes me want to join you guys even more, and the thought of not being allowed to join at all, never be able to try it...

I guess my confidence has taken a bit of a blow, thats all.

Burgz    6

I just read the link and the feedback you received there was enough, all you needed to do was edit the small part that Gina mentioned and you'll be fine!

Sir Tiger    0

I just read the link and the feedback you received there was enough, all you needed to do was edit the small part that Gina mentioned and you'll be fine!

I know, but this is my last attempt, and I want to make sure absolutely nothing is wrong.