Server time: 2017-08-20, 13:41

Sign in to follow this  
chris250677

application rejection

chris250677    0

I just had my application rejected, reason...not enough kos explanation. well that's fine I spent ages filling out that application, including what seemed like a gcse level essay. kos is simple and means kill on sight with no interaction with the player u just killed at all. simple enough. not sure what I put in my application but, for it to be that strict just to apply im really not that bothered to join. I wont be re-applying I still play on many servers with many people who aren't as anal about something so simple good day to u all and have fun in ur game :D

Burgz    6

Bye.

bye-have-a-beautiful-time-o.gif

Shame you gave up so easily, people who give up like this are usually not as dedicated and normally get banned anyway though.

It's a good thing that the whitelisting is difficult.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Moved to Introductions and Farewells.

KoS is not as simple as that, KoS has a lot more to add to it than 'kos is simple and means kill on sight with no interaction with the player u just killed at all. simple enough.', you have to add examples scenario's and things like that, so then we know that you understand the rules. It's not we are being 'anal' we are just simply being strict, we want people to enjoy the server and play by the rules, we also need to make sure that people know the rules 100%.

I advise you to take time and read the rules, even look at some guides and tutorials about DayZRP.

You explained KOS for what is means?

chris250677    0

I abbreviated what I wrote for this thread, my application had a lot more in it but im not going to argue over it :) as for giving up...well lets just say ive been roleplaying for a very long time, I am a member of 3 live role play groups one of which I am an organiser for so believe me when I say im no stranger to role play and how it works. I also did not find the whitelist app difficult I wasn't complaining about it, in fact I wasn't complaining at all. but ive never felt like ive been vetted or vetod out of any form of membership for something so trivial. I went thru all your rules and understand them perfectly so that's not the problem either, this wasn't meant to be a huge debate either, its just a game at the end of the day, a game im already playing and I hoped this was going to be a new twist to try after seeing a vid about it. however all I mean is its not so important to me I was willing to go thru this whole process from scratch. thanks for the debate tho guys ;)

oh that's right, just remembered I put in something about how kos works from a bandits point of view ;) just remembered :D

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

I abbreviated what I wrote for this thread, my application had a lot more in it but im not going to argue over it :) as for giving up...well lets just say ive been roleplaying for a very long time, I am a member of 3 live role play groups one of which I am an organiser for so believe me when I say im no stranger to role play and how it works. I also did not find the whitelist app difficult I wasn't complaining about it, in fact I wasn't complaining at all. but ive never felt like ive been vetted or vetod out of any form of membership for something so trivial. I went thru all your rules and understand them perfectly so that's not the problem either, this wasn't meant to be a huge debate either, its just a game at the end of the day, a game im already playing and I hoped this was going to be a new twist to try after seeing a vid about it. however all I mean is its not so important to me I was willing to go thru this whole process from scratch. thanks for the debate tho guys ;)

The thing is, if you have been roleplaying for a very long time, you wouldn't give up over one attempt. Honestly, it took me two attempts to get whitelisted, the first time I didn't do very good and got denied, the second time I re-done all of it and added in what needed to be added in. You just need to take time and read ALL of the rules, not skim through it, you need to memorise everything really, it's not hard if you just take time and read the rules slowly.

I honestly push you towards re-applying, giving up on things shows a sign of weakness in my opinion. Even though you are in multiple different roleplay communities, we will do things different.

If the rules are so easy then why didn't you get accepted but thousands of other members did?

ill try again :D

Glad to hear it, good luck, and if you have any questions about your explanations then feel free to ask the community, not me though, I'm lazy.

Guest VaxtArts   
Guest VaxtArts

My explanation for KoS was 1400 odd characters so you have to write in detail. I got in first time with my app so just make sure to write more! good luck :)

Murdercool    32

I think you may have been denied on your use of grammar too if you write like you did on this thread. Just saying so you don't get denied on the bases of bad spelling and grammar, try using word checker or something similar.

chris250677    0

thanks for the tip, I tend to write in a quick txt style when on things like this, normally my grammar is pretty good lol.

miket1113    0

My explanation for KoS was 1400 odd characters so you have to write in detail. I got in first time with my app so just make sure to write more! good luck :)

Dear god lol my KoS was near 900 I thought that was very high lol

chris250677    0

well I just submitted and my kos had about 1200 in it lol hopefully its good enough, lets wait and see :) also I'm 1/27 I think it said. so fingers crossed it wont take too long :) speak to you all soon, and please accept my apologies for any shirtiness I may have put across before :D

Samaritan    253

Whitelisting can be a little frustrating but well done on reconsidering.

The admins are so 'anal' because you have to understand they only want to let the right people in, who can demonstrate good roleplaying and a good understanding of the rules.

Don't be disheartened if you get rejected again, just act on the advice given (you only get three chances). Remember its quality over quantity, you may have wrote 1200 words but it needs to be the correct information.

Anyway best of luck, believe me this community is worth the effort!

Samaritan    253

Nice one fella, see you in game as friend or foe!