Sign in to follow this  
Hazard

Darker more immersive nights

Darker nights?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Darker nights?

• Yes
    • No

Well after watching a youtuber do a series on ACE/DayZ I noticed that during the night it was practically pitch black, you couldn't see anything in the shadows. Now having this in DayZRP I believe would add a cool level of immersion. Check out the video and they lighting effects and post a reply on if this would add, or take away from your RP experience.

Thanks,

-Hazard

DeadKiller    0

I shit myself when I saw this thread cause all I saw was "Darker more immersive nig..." I guess my mind is just dirty.

But on topic. This looks cool.

Vassal    0

This looks really cool but to be honest what roleplay can you accomplish if you can't see anyone?

*Edit* FLASHLIGHTS!

You can just set brightness to 0.5 and gamma to ~0.8, but having it forced to be dark for everyone would be nice.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

A huge +1 from me.

I love a real night time in Arma where nothing is visible no matter what you do to your gamma. Thus forcing people to actually use chem lights, flares and flash lights.

Its so much more immersive when you can only see what your torch lights up.

simiskovich    0

I believe there were several other threads suggesting this, I remember Rolle or some other admin saying that it would cause way too many RDM reports as people could not ID others as well

Frisia    8

YES! Make lights/flares and chemlights usefull!! Dat immersion.

I believe there were several other threads suggesting this, I remember Rolle or some other admin saying that it would cause way too many RDM reports as people could not ID others as well

Thats just called bieng combat uneffective if people have no ablity to id a target in a second or 2 i suggest they should leave a pvp clan or avoid battles and should train more or learn more about how the hostile force can be correctly ID'ed.

Also most night battls are basicly shoot at where the flashes came from.

Oh yes, please. I remember the first night I played, had a new monitor and didn't mess with the settings yet so it was really dark. I followed Daniel through Cherno. He was using NVGs but I only had a flashlight. It was the first time I played DayZ or ArmA and I was confused as fuck. So much fun throwing around flares.

naury42    0

Yes, please. I love night time, so good. This would be just epic!

Valkerion    0

This would go very well in hand with the new craft able AKs since its now very easy to get a gun with a flashlight attachment.

Bush    22

+1, I think it would make fires/flashlights/flares/chemlights useful for once, and majority of the pvp combat will still work fine since muzzleflashes will be extremely visible.

Roman    0

No thanks, I like to see what game I'm playing.

My personal opinion.

Oldman    22

I lolled at 5minutes, dat crabwalk.

On topic, I don't think we should force this on people. It is dark enough with gamma on 1.0.

Mikachu    26

No comment on the suggestion but my god that mod looks AWESOME.

Any idea what it is?

No comment on the suggestion but my god that mod looks AWESOME.

Any idea what it is?

It's ACE and DayZ its super cool

Frisia    8

My personal opinion.

On topic, I don't think we should force this on people. It is dark enough with gamma on 1.0.

Thats kidna like calling the night in real life as forcing darkness upon people.

we have flash lights and chemlights and flares to see then or just have a good night with loads of moonlight or if you really hate it then switch servers to the one wich has light.

Also more Stealth!

Oldman    22

My personal opinion.

Thats kidna like calling the night in real life as forcing darkness upon people.

we have flash lights and chemlights and flares to see then or just have a good night with loads of moonlight or if you really hate it then switch servers to the one wich has light.

Also more Stealth!

God is forcing me darkness yes.

+1. I will admit I rely on my gamma goggles too much in-game. I suppose its the added unfair advantage. But as stated, if this could be forced upon all players on the server, it would seem feasible..

Moose    7

All for this. Yes please!

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Add a poll so we can get an idea of those who want such an addition and those who dont.