Server time: 2018-08-15, 20:21 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
Roland

DayZRP Standalone Whitelist

Well, whitelist is off now.... DAMN IT ALL!

So any reason why the whitelist is down? Did Rolle have to change it back because it was against the server rules? I would've at least thought that he had made some sort of agreement with Bohemia Interactive to implement whitelisting for the DayZRP server.

So any reason why the whitelist is down? Did Rolle have to change it back because it was against the server rules? I would've at least thought that he had made some sort of agreement with Bohemia Interactive to implement whitelisting for the DayZRP server.

I say if the server option is available it should be allowed. But I understand that B.I. wouldn't want players farming then jumping servers.

I say if the server option is available it should be allowed. But I understand that B.I. wouldn't want players farming then jumping servers.

In my opinion this is just a stupid act from B.I. as people are farming now with automated kicks on some servers or just going onto empty servers.

A whitelist is the only thing preventing stupid trolls and people who just want to kill everyone, ruining the nice experience the Standalone can offer to people.

The whitelist doesn't even affect their "information gathering"-aspect(not like a private hive) so why the hell is it forbidden?

I start to hate them because of this.

See OP:

I will start a trial with it over the weekend to see if it works properly

I know it's against ToS. I don't agree with the current ToS as they limit the creativity of many communities, not only ours and force us to follow a game mode that Rocket & the team came up with. Their attempts to lower the KoS mentality (gear damage) have clearly failed, they should admit it and let serious communities let have their own HIVEs. The excuse they use to deny this idea every time that server admins abuse their powers for their gain (like kicking or banning people who killed a staff member) does not usually apply for these communities.

So to sum up:

- Rocket made a huge miscalculation. He thought that his game mechanics would stop trolls and KoSers and make the game more mature. It didn't. Whitelists and private servers seem to be the only way to filter out the majority of abusive users and cheaters found on public servers. No game mechanics will.

- We're not allowed to whitelist our servers thanks to the ToS the DayZ development team has come up with. Little has this to do with data gathering, you can still gather data and bugs from private HIVEs and whitelisted servers.

- During the weekend we were completely willingly and consciously breaking these ToS with our whitelist. Me and many more people are tired of the DayZ development teams attitude and direction that the very anticipated DayZ Standalone has taken.

The whitelist has now been turned off, as we don't want any trouble with our current GSP as I am quite satisfied with it. But we will now and then (probably during the weekends) turn on the whitelist in order to host role playing session undisturbed by 12 year olds shooting everything that moves.

See OP:

I know it's against ToS. I don't agree with the current ToS as they limit the creativity of many communities, not only ours and force us to follow a game mode that Rocket & the team came up with. Their attempts to lower the KoS mentality (gear damage) have clearly failed, they should admit it and let serious communities let have their own HIVEs. The excuse they use to deny this idea every time that server admins abuse their powers for their gain (like kicking or banning people who killed a staff member) does not usually apply for these communities.

So to sum up:

- Rocket made a huge miscalculation. He thought that his game mechanics would stop trolls and KoSers and make the game more mature. It didn't. Whitelists and private servers seem to be the only way to filter out the majority of abusive users and cheaters found on public servers. No game mechanics will.

- We're not allowed to whitelist our servers thanks to the ToS the DayZ development team has come up with. Little has this to do with data gathering, you can still gather data and bugs from private HIVEs and whitelisted servers.

- During the weekend we were completely willingly and consciously breaking these ToS with our whitelist. Me and many more people are tired of the DayZ development teams attitude and direction that the very anticipated DayZ Standalone has taken.

The whitelist has now been turned off, as we don't want any trouble with our current GSP as I am quite satisfied with it. But we will now and then (probably during the weekends) turn on the whitelist in order to host role playing session undisturbed by 12 year olds shooting everything that moves.

Amen brother.

See OP:

So to sum up:

218ef480385d12450485ccaca51724b7-trash-can-rebel.gif

#Rebel

-ROLLE-

I hope the pressure will change their mind, maybe with more big communities participating, they can step down from their throne and realize the truth...otherwise i see the SA become more and more unimportant as you may have the gamemechanics for great roleplay but not the player base(at least a big part of it is not).

I'm putting all my trust into you and the Staff here :)

-law breaker and ting-

tumblr_mz95brlpIK1s7gykyo1_500.gif

They do really need to sort it out though, leave their fantasy world and release whitelisting.

Good statement Rolle. I totally agree with you. Hopefully B.I. will not miss the point, when a lot of players which are more likely willing to play the game like it was set up for, than playing hardcore CoD, quit the game and switch to other survival games, due to the current server situtation.

Guest magw33d

So is it actually whitelisted?

I'm only asking because nearly 99% of people on there are breaking name conventions.

I'm only asking because nearly 99% of people on there are breaking name conventions.

It's being temporarily implemented every now and then.

I don't think it is right now, but mainly on weekends as mentioned earlier! ;)

Guest magw33d

It's being temporarily implemented every now and then.

I don't think it is right now, but mainly on weekends as mentioned earlier! ;)

Yeah, just read Rolle's post above. He should probably edit the title of the thread so that people know when its whitelisted.

See OP:

So to sum up:

This was beautiful. My respect for you has just gone way up.

That explains the amount of kids and trolls on the server today.. I was trying to get some decent rp, but got KOSed 3 times immediately. Not to mention the immature behaviour of everyone I met.

I am trying to get a straight answer out of them and all I am getting is a bullshit run around.

"You could theoretically farm loot all day without anyone possibly killing you - because you could be alone on the server, then position yourself ontop of a roof and snipe freshspawns.

Everyone's equal and everyone has the same right to join a server on publichive. Those are the rules."

I hope the white-list gets back up soon, because I always met people at NEAF and they shoot my friends and I have to kill them. I'm just sick of all the scummy bandits out there who are just in it for the gear!

See OP:

So to sum up:

Thank you God.. Thank you.. :)

I am trying to get a straight answer out of them and all I am getting is a bullshit run around.

"You could theoretically farm loot all day without anyone possibly killing you - because you could be alone on the server, then position yourself ontop of a roof and snipe freshspawns.

Everyone's equal and everyone has the same right to join a server on publichive. Those are the rules."

You can easily just go on an empty server to loot without anyone killing you, There's plenty of empty servers. Using that as an excuse to stop whitelists and passwords is just stupid.

You can easily just go on an empty server to loot without anyone killing you, There's plenty of empty servers. Using that as an excuse to stop whitelists and passwords is just stupid.

Exactly what I had said.... And then The wolves came in and just started with all the "WHAT ABOUT THE LOOT ECONOMY?!?!" If people whitelist and the "IT'S JUST AN ALPHA,BRO".

Exactly what I had said.... And then The wolves came in and just started with all the "WHAT ABOUT THE LOOT ECONOMY?!?!" If people whitelist and the "IT'S JUST AN ALPHA,BRO".

I'm fairly sure that the people that would play DayZRP wouldn't care about using the RP whitelisted server to gear up for use on public servers. If anything, it would be the opposite way around with RP players gearing on public and then switching to the whitelist RP server.

Awesome man! Been waiting for a long time for this and I'm glad it's making its first steps. See you all out there!

I'm fairly sure that the people that would play DayZRP wouldn't care about using the RP whitelisted server to gear up for use on public servers. If anything, it would be the opposite way around with RP players gearing on public and then switching to the whitelist RP server.

I agree with Ryven. People would rather gear up out of the RP server and join it with their intended character aesthetically completed.