Server time: 2017-08-21, 14:10

Sign in to follow this  
Yuval

Home made ammunition

Yuval    2

If anyone played metro then you guys remember that there were 2 types of rounds, the ones which were kept from before the apocalypse, which have improved accuracy and damage, and the home made ammo, which has a weaker damage module and lower accuracy.

Would you guys there to be some sort of home made STANAG, AK and pistol ammo? which will only spawn at civilian spawns or could even be crafted? While the good ammunition spawns at crash sites and barracks? Maybe create a recipe for ammo to be made from scrap, gunpowder? (if can be added) and a toolbox? and will only have low blood damage, but not by allot ( if stanag does atm 4K, homemade ammo will do 3-3.5)

Also, as you only craft the ammo and not the entire magazine, maybe you will have to combine this with a empty mag of choice (which could spawn empty and tents/ barracks for military grade weapons, and at barns, houses and etc for civ grade weapons)

How i think this will change people's gamestyle

1. More traffic towards industrial spawns to get this ammo

2. Less effective ammo results in less firefights as your guns won't be as powerful as before.

3. Will add a high tier item for ammunition types.

4. With this, normal ammo should become more scares then before, guns would spawn maybe without ammo or with top 2 mags.

DeadKiller    0

Well. Here is my opinion on this.

Generally You need to know what you are doing to make Ammo. And you need special tool. Tools that are hard to come by and are very heavy and need to be mounted on something.

Also, Hand made ammo made by someone is more often then not Better than military ammo because, military ammo is mass produced.

The Idea is a good one. Also I like the idea of civ ammo. Maybe finding .223 Rem. insed of 5.56.

Just my two cents.

Alan Woods    3

But it takes time and these bullets could prove of low quality... maybe even blow up the gun...

Yuval    2

Generally You need to know what you are doing to make Ammo. And you need special tool. Tools that are hard to come by and are very heavy and need to be mounted on something.

Also, Hand made ammo made by someone is more often then not Better than military ammo because, military ammo is mass produced.

The Idea is a good one. Also I like the idea of civ ammo. Maybe finding .223 Rem. insed of 5.56.

Just my two cents.

I'm not a pro at this stuff but maybe the gunpowder is not the best, leading the a lower bullet speed and damage.

DeadKiller    0

Just my two cents.

I'm not a pro at this stuff but maybe the gunpowder is not the best, leading the a lower bullet speed and damage.

Maybe. But still making bullets at a camp fire in a couple of seconds, with some scrap and gunpowder is a bit to unrealistic for me.

Again I'm all for civilian ammo type thou

Just to give you an Idea. This is what a reloading bench looks like.

ReloadingBench.jpg

Yuval    2

Just my two cents.

Maybe. But still making bullets at a camp fire in a couple of seconds, with some scrap and gunpowder is a bit to unrealistic for me.

ReloadingBench.jpg

i see your point, but yet you can replace the engine of a bus in less then 10 seconds?

Could be one of those things which don't really make sense IRL, but would be a nice addition to the game

DeadKiller    0

ReloadingBench.jpg

i see your point, but yet you can replace the engine of a bus in less then 10 seconds?

Could be one of those things which don't really make sense IRL, but would be a nice addition to the game

Good point. I just realized that. I would be cool and is possible since you can make crossbow bolts.

Ego    1

If we were to implement this combined with ACE, theres the chance of your crappy home made ammo jamming the gun :D

Tamaster92    14

If we were to implement this combined with ACE, theres the chance of your crappy home made ammo jamming the gun :D

ACE isn't going to happen sadly :( I wanted to tear apart the DayZ HardCorps mod to see how they added it and if we could use some parts but it died and I can't find any mirrors :(

Ego    1

ACE isn't going to happen sadly :( I wanted to tear apart the DayZ HardCorps mod to see how they added it and if we could use some parts but it died and I can't find any mirrors :(

Work harder damn you!

Tamaster92    14

Work harder damn you!

Find me a working download of hard corps. ;p

Sidewinder    1

Work harder damn you!

I could do that for you... :)

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

Its a no from me, ammo is conman enough, it makes sense in a RP sense but why would anybody pick up homemade rounds, when there is pristine rounds everywhere.

Yuval    2

Its a no from me, ammo is conman enough, it makes sense in a RP sense but why would anybody pick up homemade rounds, when there is pristine rounds everywhere.

You make pristine ammo rare, and homemade more common?

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

You make pristine ammo rare, and homemade more common?

Yes they could do that but I just don't think there is a need Metro and DayZ are a lot different we don't have Metro they all live in tunnels in DayZ we still have control on industrial complexes and other relevant factory.

Burgz    6

Work harder damn you!

Pretty sure I got it...

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Work harder damn you!

Pretty sure I got it...

An old community I use to play MSO 7 Vietnam mod on has this. It's made by one of their leaders- they still/use to have a Hard Corps server.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

No no no no no no unless you can carry around that bullet press you'd run out of ammo super fast and if there were a few of these lying about people would camp them -1