Server time: 2017-08-17, 07:45

Sign in to follow this  
Frozen

So I am just wondering..

Question

Frozen    45

I notice 80% of all ban appeals *Perm ones mostly* get denied and you won't ever allow to make another post, what's the point of even allowing it if you are just going to decline it, like what's the point of even taking a while to decided when the result is denied ?

*Just wondering*

10 answers to this question

Toorrik    4

Surely this is something that could've been PM'd to the appropriate people?

Ego    1

Because there are cases when staff look over, or new evidence comes to light that changes the circumstances, it's logical to keep it implemented, but it seems to be mainly 14 year olds who make the appeals at the moment who are blacklisted.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

80% of the time, people don't put half as much time into their appeal as they should have, I have wrote more on warning point appeals that some appealing permanent bans. If they have new evidence, that fights their corner and could take away 10 of those crucial points, then they could get unbanned, but most people who appeal, just apologize, the staff can't just accept every appeal because the person says they won't do it again.

Frozen    45

I never put this in the questions, nor I am referring to anyone.

Burgz    6

I never put this in the questions, nor I am referring to anyone.

It was moved to questions because it was one :P

You are referring to the server staff, particularly the GMs and Admins

Drogur    0

I notice 80% of all ban appeals *Perm ones mostly* get denied and you won't ever allow to make another post, what's the point of even allowing it if you are just going to decline it, like what's the point of even taking a while to decided when the result is denied ?

*Just wondering*

Interesting question.

Maybe something for the "Ask the admins" thread.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-ask-the-admins

Tomeran    3

80% of the ban appeals are denied because they dont have enough evidence to support their case. Most formal verdicts are done properly with the evidence presented, and generally people have to present some good evidence on their part to prove that they deserve to have their appeal accepted.

Frankly if anything the 80% appeal denial ratio is a sign that GM staff is doing their job properly with formal reports. If it was 40 or 50% then something would be very wrong.

Also, like Astycc said, a lot of people that make appeals dont seem to take them very seriously and sort of just expect the appeal to be accepted because...its an appeal. An apology is not enough for the staff to remove a ban. They need new evidence to consider the case or they need to find faults in the other GM crew's work on the formal verdict.

Whitefur    4

A ban appeal is for unjust bans. Most of them are completely justified

Rolle    2440

*Just wondering*

Because of the other 20%. Simple as that.