Server time: 2017-08-20, 04:15

Sign in to follow this  
Kishmas

Trial and Error continues :D

Kishmas    0

So i tried having a British character named Yolin Hoon (Weird i know.) Found out i couldn't do a british accent as well as i thought, and went back to an American character Named Dominic 'Boa' Brock. Has anyone experienced Trial and Error with characters besides me? :D

Burgz    6

Maybe you should keep this all to one thread?

The different characters you are trying that is. It prevents clutter and people can easily find the information about your characters in one place.

Usually for me I plan my character and test the accent out, then I'll decide if I want to continue with it. Recently though, I decided to go with quite a posh British accent (I'm British) and it's not going too bad.

Kishmas    0

Maybe you should keep this all to one thread?

The different characters you are trying that is. It prevents clutter and people can easily find the information about your characters in one place.

Usually for me I plan my character and test the accent out, then I'll decide if I want to continue with it. Recently though, I decided to go with quite a posh British accent (I'm British) and it's not going too bad.

Point Taken my friend. I didn't plan my british character at all actually. Dominic however, I Did.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Don't worry buddy, I've had this in the past.

When I had CRA up and running, my character was a Chernarussian, I'd never done a Chernarussian/Russian accent ever really. My accent wasn't the best, I'm sure a lot of people will tell you. I improved on it over time, if you really want to do a British accent, watch videos with British commentators or something, that will usually help.

I used to watch S.T.A.L.K.E.R videos just to listen how the accents sounded and improve off it. :)

Whitefur    4

I have only played two characters ever. But if you want to actually play a British character then my only advice is to practice. After a while you get used to it and become the #1 person to read in class :P

I attempted a Russian accent once, but sometimes it turned cockney. I can do certain words well, but to pull off an entire conversation is difficult. Maybe I'll try again one day.

Kishmas    0

I attempted a Russian accent once, but sometimes it turned cockney. I can do certain words well, but to pull off an entire conversation is difficult. Maybe I'll try again one day.

I can do a perfect Russian accent :D i just choose not to have a Russian character. :P

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

What exactly does your "Brithish accent" sound like? Considering the accents in Britain vary drastically across the country (as with other countries).

Burgz    6

What exactly does your "Brithish accent" sound like? Considering the accents in Britain vary drastically across the country (as with other countries).

He probably means the stereotypical one :P

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Which is that? I literally have no idea :D

Kishmas    0

I ended up sounding Australian xD

Burgz    6

You know?

'Oh hello Dorris! How's the pet tortoise been? Would you like to come over once every so often for a chinwag, a cup of tea and multiple, triangular cucumber sandwiches?'

Kishmas    0

You know?

'Oh hello Dorris! How's the pet tortoise been? Would you like to come over once every so often for a chinwag, a cup of tea and multiple, triangular cucumber sandwiches?'

Nope, i sounded Australian (I am crying right now from laughter)

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

You know?

Oh, that disgraceful thing certain tv programmes do :D I have never met anyone who sounds like that and never heard anyone say some of the stereotypical things that I see in tv programmes that portray the stereotypical British guy.

Burgz    6

You know?

Oh, that disgraceful thing certain tv programmes do :D I have never met anyone who sounds like that and never heard anyone say some of the stereotypical things that I see in tv programmes that portray the stereotypical British guy.

Seconded. Neither have I :P