Server time: 2017-10-23, 06:07
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Wunsleh

the use of smoke grenades to signal firefights

Wunsleh    10

Seeing as identifying people in firefights is still very difficult I've been pondering around.

What if we used smoke grenades to signal the area that there is a firefight in the area? it wouldn't ruin rp, in fact, it would probably give it an extra layer.

The moment a group initiates and the opposite side decides to fight back one of the groups just simply throws a smoke grenade every so often.

positive points:

- people will probably see the smoke and will know something fishy is going on there, if the obvious sound of gunfire isn't enough.

downsides:

- People could abuse it to try and get loot from the fight.

- people would have to have a couple of smoke grenades with them at all time.

what would come in handy as well is if the scale of the smoke that is being released would be enhanced in height as well so it could be recognized in distance.

if a kos would still happen while the smoke grenades were being used this could be added in the report and could weigh in on the verdict that is given.

ideas, thoughts?

Rolle    2971

But... people use smoke grenades all the time to attract zombies? They also expire very quickly and throwing them "now and then" wouldn't really help.

Wunsleh    10

But... people use smoke grenades all the time to attract zombies? They also expire very quickly and throwing them "now and then" wouldn't really help.

true, but i reckon those could be enhanced as what i mentioned about the height of the smoke as well.

Toorrik    4

We use smoke grenades all the time for zombies. If anything it does the exact opposite or what you are hoping to achieve. People seem to attract towards the smoke rather than the direct opposite.

Also what Rolle wrote.

Wunsleh    10

We use smoke grenades all the time for zombies. If anything it does the exact opposite or what you are hoping to achieve. People seem to attract towards the smoke rather than the direct opposite.

Also what Rolle wrote.

that's true about the use against zombies, hadn't thought about that hmmz.

only other way it would work if there were different types of smoke grenades that would vary in height size and amount of time it's active. but that would require extra work.

as well as people being aware of meaning behind the smoke.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Having something to signal the fight is a great idea, but hard to use it IC.

You, IC, how would you know that the smoke=fight? Could be smoke to cover yourself/someone, distract someone/zombies, or point your location to a friend/chopper/whatever.

Now, back in Haven days we had the siren. People still ran to the fightzone and caused reports, while they admittedly(is that a word?) heard the alarm.

I don't think people will ever stop running to the fight, there'll always be that 1 guy that has the logic of "easy loot or report".

Wunsleh    10

Having something to signal the fight is a great idea, but hard to use it IC.

You, IC, how would you know that the smoke=fight? Could be smoke to cover yourself/someone, distract someone/zombies, or point your location to a friend/chopper/whatever.

Now, back in Haven days we had the siren. People still ran to the fightzone and caused reports, while they admittedly(is that a word?) heard the alarm.

I don't think people will ever stop running to the fight, there'll always be that 1 guy that has the logic of "easy loot or report".

ya but that is what makes it so frustrating xD haha 'loot or report'. there has to be a way to counter that.

Voodoo    491

Its a good idea but I cant see it working ICly. When in Altar I always had the idea of a fire on the main tower or gatehouse that would be lit during attacks to warn people away but the idea was played down by the clan. We always said 'If there are gun shots, don't run towards them'. Guess the same would apply to a firefight.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

My main issue here is, how it would be used, let me create a scenario here.

Say a guy wants to PVP but he can't be bothered to roleplay, he just throws a smoke in the middle of the woods near Stary, a few people run past, the player that threw the smoke decides to shoot at the people passing by. He uses the excuse 'it was an active firefight and I threw a smoke down to let everyone know, but they were still passing by'.

I think it's a great idea but it just wouldn't work.

Burgz    6

I also think its a great idea but jut wouldn't work.

It would make sense that you probably throw a smoke in a firefight however where are all of these smoke grenades coming from? I find it hard enough to keep one. What if the firefight lasted for an hour? How many smokes would have to be used?

Like I said, its a good idea but its just not plausible.

Wunsleh    10

Damn you guis ruining my ideas.

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Yuval    2

I think gunshots are a good indication of a firefight as if i wanted to kill zombies i wouldn't be spraying a PKP, also you would hear more than 2 different gunshots so...

Guest King   
Guest King

Novel idea, but most likely wouldn't work out as you dreamed.