Server time: 2017-08-24, 10:46

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZombieSlayer92

Trade Post, what are your thoughts?

Guest ZombieSlayer92   
Guest ZombieSlayer92

Alright guys so as many of you probably already know a new issue of DayZRP Times has been released. In this issue they showed some sneak peaks of the 'Trade post' run by CTC, if you ask me from the outside it looks awesome. What are your thoughts? If any CTC members view this in the DayZRP Times it mentioned it will be like a small town being patrolled by CTC forces, from an RP point of view will there be some sort of accommodation for RP purposes like a small hotel or house for sale?

Burgz    6

I thought they mentioned areas that will be given to clans for a week each or something.

I'm looking forward to it.

Guest ZombieSlayer92   
Guest ZombieSlayer92

I thought they mentioned areas that will be given to clans for a week each or something.

Oh did they, I am really excited for it!

Corks    3

I'm really looking froward to it especially the clan areas, it will add some really good roleplay.

Guest ZombieSlayer92   
Guest ZombieSlayer92

I'm really looking froward to it especially the clan areas, it will add some really good roleplay.

I agree I haven't been on the server long so didn't get to enjoy it but have heard all about the haven and how it was filled with people all of the time!

Owen    13

That sounds great. I hope this is a he case.

Ancalagon    0

Will looka t it later but i loved the old TP , hopefully the new one will be as good as the old one (lel)

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

People moaned about settlements forcing people to only travel one area of the map. People are finally spreading out , with Prud at an average of 3-6 people and people visiting Kotei Shima again, as well as people making their own camps. Now it will lead to 40 out of 60 people all in one place again. In my opinion, this is worse than the settlements . Also being forbidden to attack makes 0 RP sense and will lead to petty groups waiting outside the safe zone to rob people. This will lead to people not wanting to leave TP as their is bandits outside, leading to everyone being there.

Ancalagon    0

We will see if they stuck around there again. People flock around settlements because there are other people and there is RP. They can go there to meet people or just to chill out. Running around for ours without meeting anyone or without having any destination is just boring and i dont think many people, especially civis, like to do it.

Same when the Outpost got destroyed, i had nothing to do at all on my character.

Cause i was in a situation that makes sense RP wise. I was heading out to get valueble stuff, do me buiness ect, but at the end i was heading back to the outpost, the camp, the small part of civilization.

There just have to be multiple camps/settlements around the map, then the people wont all flock at one place. It's onöy natural that many roleplayers seek other players to interact and the chance to find them is much higher when you visit a camp.

Also, what else should you do? As a civ, you need something to do, what? Running endless circles to get loot?

When i played alone/Civ, there always was some kind of meeting point. TP, Haven, sanctuary, Ravens Nest ect.

I don't think this is a bad think but yeah, there just need to be more camps around.

And for this, clans have to start them, to declare certain points to camps.

I mean Duty established a camp aswell and people now visit it frequently.

For the last few weeks, i think 60-80% of all players were in north/north-west area.

They said the trading post will be down south. That means far away from any high grade military loot.

Well, i can't predict what will happen. Yes, i'm sure there will be people who hang around there a lot. And i might do it aswell when noone else is playing with me.

But if we really wont find anyone else in the other parts of chernaurus anymore... i doubt it. At least the clans will be outside ^^

Guest Tompmal   
Guest Tompmal

I remember when the trade post was around it was a place of trolling and cluster, I left my car for 3 minutes and it was blown up people would call you gay or something but it may be better now because of a more structured community, and it may be better, but I guess only time will tell.

Guest Daddy Kropp   
Guest Daddy Kropp

I think its great. Especially since you don't run into many people who want to trade in general. I think a location like that will promote teamwork, as well make it easier to find something you don't have.

I will only like the Trade Post if the Council attacks it every 2 or 3 days so people won't flock to it. But I agree with Arctic. I like being able to find people everywhere

Nihoolious    1122

A tradepost where everyone inside is safe from harm is unrealistic. Nothing good lasts forever, and people who have seen Walking Dead can agree. In an apocalypse like this, the bad people will always ruin what the good people have tried to create.

If another tradepost is made, it should be open to all and vulnerable to being attacked. People will instinctively flock to certain places to find one another. I do it myself, it is part of our nature to want to interact with others. We don't have many loners in this community because of it. Yes, people have finally started steering away from Prud, which is nice. And while it is good that there is a nice division of players North and South, a TP will only repeat the inevitable cycle of 40 people in one place. And if its not TP, it will be somewhere else.

What I would like to see is a truly open TP where any group can occupy and run it as their own, with their own rules. And outside groups can try and fight for control of it. Now that is realistic. That goes for settlements too. I know that clans put time and effort into creating and running them, but realistically they wouldn't always be the owners of it 24/7 unless they had a very large group.

Trailing off topic, I'm not sure where I stand with it.

FireMatt    1

There are talks and suggestions within staff on how to deal with 24/7 camping in TP. Some of the suggestions are very feasible and look effective in theory but we will see how effective they are once TP is in game.

As for the fact that TP will be safe from attacks lies with previous attitude towards settlements in the past. Some settlements would be attacked five or six times a day.

Yes it is unrealistic that a place is not open for attack but it's also unrealistic that we follow rules like hostile initiations and NLR. We follow these rules because it leads to Roleplay.

We are fully aware that TP will not be perfect. We know that there will be trolls and bad roleplayers but we also have a dedicated staff team and a wide variety of tools to root out and punish these people.

It is a fact that people will flock to TP but that's obvious. We love to RP. If you know that there will be people somewhere, you will go there if you want to RP. People will still be able to rob others and have firefights, TP will not stop that.

The new TP definitely won't be perfect. Nobody is claiming that. We can all speculate and think about what could happen but in reality we don't really know.

If problems arise then we can deal with them. We can change how things work with the TP and mold them to fix the issues. And when I say 'we' I don't mean just the staff. Every member of our community can help TP become an amazing creation. Staff won't be able to man TP 24/7 so that's why we rely on community members to help us root out trolls and other undesirable people.

If you see someone trolling record it, report it and they will be dealt with.

The New Tradepost should be given a chance. We have come a very long way since the first TP.

Krimbo    0

Information about the tradepost will probably come out in drips and drabs up until it's release. For instance, the photographs in the newspaper only show the outside - we're teasing you!

As for the trade post itself, as Matt has said above me - we've come along way since the last trade post. Although I wasn't around to experience it myself I understand the issues it held and I'm pretty confident we are equipped to combat them this time around.

Don't judge it before it's actually here, you don't know what to expect, how big it is, how it looks, how it's built etc.

Tomeran    3

I look forward to it. The last problems we had in a TP was when dayzRP was very young, with a young community barely focusing on RP and with the staff having very limited tools. This new TP is very different, with a more mature community(in general) and much better staff with much better tools.

Are there going to be problems? Hell yes. But that would apply to -any settlement- and it has certainly applied to every single project we've ever tried, ever.

The harm with trying this thing is minimal, and Rolle had figured its worth it. I agree with him, and im looking forward to how it'll turn out. If it doesnt work out, it'll be destroyed and removed, and we'll see what we try next. Everyone has their own opinion on how to run settlements and PCBs, because it affects and involves (almost) everyone. So of course we realize there'll be some passionate attitudes on this one, especielly on an area that bandits cannot attack.

Information is still a bit sketchy and im not entirely sure on how much I'll be at liberty to release, but I feel comfortable saying this much:

Regarding safe zone = unrealism

Since the TP is suppose to be a CTC area, I tried to come up with a solution. We have one that is fairly straight forward: Tanks.

Yeah, you heard me. Essentially it is a CTC settlement, the CTC's first proper attempt to "colonize" South Zagoria, and they realize they have a lot of potential enemies in the region, not the least of which is the council itself.

So naturally they bring a ton of security. This happens to include armor. They dont have a lot of it and they only use it where its badly needed, but the TP qualifies for that.

To those that think "but armor is not a magical bubble of non-hostility. We should still be able to attack". And that would be true, if not for the fact that you'd die. Horribly. You can bring your occassional RPG and mounted GP-25, but the point is that the TP will be so well protected by the best assets the CTC can bring to the table that anyone that would attack the TP, at least among the local survivors, would be signing their own death sentence. And that's no value for life.

The council might be an exception, as they have the resources and obviously the TP is a tempting target as it will be the focal point of all CTC power in South Zagoria.

If people still argue that its unrealistic, then I could play cards like "yeah its unrealistic that you attack settlements 5 times a day as well" or any number of similar things, but I dont see the need to go there. This thing has been discussed to death already.

The safe zone was deemed utterly essential to FOR ONCE be able to provide hub roleplay that can focus on trade and peaceful interaction without the nonstop (and very likely) threat of aggression that you cannot really effectivly counter with normal means.

TP "residence"

While most other "settlements" have basicly been re-purposed "bases" in a sense, the TP is actually a settlement. Its not even a village in size, more like a hamlet at most, but its likely to have plenty of room for people to -live there-.

We'll have to moderate that to some extent, and most likely people will have to apply to the CTC for a sort of "citizenship" in order to stay there, but even then we have to take efforts to reduce the amount of people hanging out at the TP and doing nothing else.

The TP bleeding people off the map is a real concern and something we aim to fight very thoroughly, so we wont exactly go "Come to the TP, you can come live here forever and forever stay within our walls!". I cant go into detail on exactly what measures we'll take to prevent overcrowding, since we're still discussing those and im not entirely sure what im at liberty to say.

Trolls

We will crack down on this, -hard-. That may sound like empty words, but my guess is that you'll see a lot of staff regurly visit and stay at the TP. Even admins.

Misbehaviviour there will most likely be swifty and most harshly dealt with. Its true this ended up being a big issue at the old TP, but like I said, it was different back then under different circumstances.

I realize the "safety shield" may sit wrong with a lot of bandits, and I would lie if I didnt share their concern over the "bleeding people from the map"-problem, at least to some extent, but we've given bandits pretty free reigns on who they can attack now for...ages. Ever since the last TP really. And that's been so long ago that only a handful of people are left from those old days. The settlements have born the brunt of that unhindered and unchecked aggression to the point where most settlements only last for a very short time before they've overwhelmed. They havent been working out, and although bandits certainly havent played the only role in their demise, they've certainly played a key role.

Its easy to forget that for a while there, the old TP worked pretty darned well, and was a focal point and meeting point for a large part of the server.

And who knows, maybe it'll revitalize a by now pretty much dead trade roleplay.

Jess Newton    2

The TP leads to good role play.. it helps people make new friends.. and yeah.. bandits wait outside.. or set up road blocks near-by and.. sure some people try to camp there.. however everyone has to leave sooner or later.. because in DayZ you must eat.. and you must drink.. and eating and drinking can also make you sick.. so you must have antibiotics. At the old TP.. the people that was there the most was the Free Medics. When I was a Free Medic we'd spend a lot of time at the TP waiting for injured or sick survivors to come in, so we could help them out.. But we'd also have to make medical supply runs.. I love the TP.. because it gives an opportunity to make new friends, without worrying about getting robbed and people in general are more approachable in the TP.. which is great for role play.

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

Personally I am pissed off with the whole "Unable to attack bullshit" because lets face it this community of 1000+ players combined is a whole lot smarter than our Staff team just based on the amount alone, so people will find ways to abuse the system and yes they will be punished but then again once the damage is done and the cracks and flaws are exposed then people will target those flaws just like Original TP and just like every Settlement since so do I want TP back? Oh hell yes, but I would like it to be less rigid and have a more open atmosphere as apposed to the "CTC" using their power to stop people attacking.

But this is all my opinion and if a staff member thinks I am being disrespectful by saying we as a community are smarter please by any means argue that point.

Personally I am pissed off with the whole "Unable to attack bullshit" because lets face it this community of 1000+ players combined is a whole lot smarter than our Staff team just based on the amount alone, so people will find ways to abuse the system and yes they will be punished but then again once the damage is done and the cracks and flaws are exposed then people will target those flaws just like Original TP and just like every Settlement since so do I want TP back? Oh hell yes, but I would like it to be less rigid and have a more open atmosphere as apposed to the "CTC" using their power to stop people attacking.

But this is all my opinion and if a staff member thinks I am being disrespectful by saying we as a community are smarter please by any means argue that point.

I actually agree with you. I just hope you don't offend anyone with it though.

Tomeran    3

Well, I hardly think the whole community of these 1000+ people would just be out to try and find gaps, cracks and flaws.

Even if this was the case, im not sure I see the reason why you're pissed off, I dont quite understand the reasoning here. You're upset that the anti-attack rules are in places because people will try to find ways around it? Of course some will try. Some and try being the key words.

The same could be argued about the KoS rules. And I think we all know what dayzRP would look like without those rules: Chaos.

We've all seen what the settlements looks like without protection. Chaos.

The TP is our first attempt since the old TP, which was eons ago, to try that protection again. I see very little reason for people to be "pissed off" about it.

It has nothing to do with some sort of...collective community intelligence vs collective staff intelligence. If we find gaps, we plug them. Everything's a constant work in progress.

I'm excited for this. As much as I loved PCB's like Prud and the old settlements, they were just treated as a pit stop. I mean I tried to 'live' there but it never felt right, my time there usually resulted in a group of strangers sitting around a campfire, no one could trust anyone. Hopefully with the TP this will change things up, and hopefully the community can come up with interesting things to do to keep it interesting whilst also promoting stepping outside the walls. There will no doubt be a troll or two, but my faith has grown in this server since the dark days of the free for all settlements.

I don't know, i still think it should be open to attacks by bandits and what not. it brings good role play before and after the attack. No place is safe in a zombie apocalypse.

Stagsview    589

How about we have the trade post to start of with.... And then add in clan controled ones that can be attacked after? That way we can watch and learn from the TP and learn how to run settlements. But, of course harden the rules on attacking settlements ;)

Sign in to follow this