Server time (UTC): 2022-05-21 01:55

Chernogorsk Hill PCB (WIP)

Mush

• Sapphire

Chernogorsk Hill

Backstory

A few days after news broke out of the infection; panic began in major cities such as Chernogorsk, Elektrozavodsk, Berezino and Stary Sobor.

Many citizens began barricading their homes and blockading the streets with various supplies; lampposts, rubbish and washing machines. The days turned into weeks, the citizens became survivors. The cities were overrun and were inhabitable. So the majority of the population fled the large cities, seeking refuge in the countryside.

One house in particular that was unexpectedly took over was the household of Henry Ukov and his family...

Henry Ukov was 76 when the infection began. He was a fishermen before he retired to become the Chernogorsk Dock Guard. Every night he could be seen locking up the docks, and running through last minute safety checks before returning to his home where he'd watch for incoming boats, just in case.

When the infection broke out, he quickly packed his belongings and along with his wife and 2 children as well as 4 grandchildren, set off to sea. The rest of his furniture was mostly looted by passers by. His house was left, ruined.

Until the Chernarussian Defence Force came in.

Their Ural (which can be seen, destroyed outside) was the lead of a convoy which was going to set up a lookout post at Mr. Ukov's home. The majority of the convoy made it to the house and began construction on the post.

The months passed and eventually it was done, however the camp had already taken quite a beating from zombies and people. Regularly being looted by bandits who were furious at the CDF for their handling of citizens safety.

A year went by and the house was soon derelict, along with the supplies outside of it. The camp was mostly left, however some fences were took and some things destroyed. A group of survivors, local to the area began to rebuild the stronghold - to use it as a home.

They did this within a month, soon it was a hotspot for other survivors, they had a little community which everyone was a part of. Everyone was allocated roles and it worked like a clock.

The survivors whereabouts today is unknown.

Photos

Viv6LcZ.jpg

The front entrance of the Post.

bV95dAl.jpg

A closer view of the front.

aT73jvB.jpg

The left side of the camp.

PLSINLk.jpg

The right side of the camp.

VRIqtSH.jpg

View from the top of the house.

17wJAhP.jpg

Back of the post.

9tPzZK4.jpg

Graveyard.

66n4ofG.jpg

The road leading to the post.

fdrMKJB.jpg

View from the destroyed Ural.

Miscellaneous Information

I am fully aware this is no-one near done. It looks very empty and plain. However, I have been told you only need a base of a PCB and the map developers will kind of add onto it from there. So, here's the base. The middle part (especially the left) is the most boring. I was thinking perhaps a car wreck or two and some boxes, make it look messy.

This is just a base idea.

Please Note: Grass Cutters enabled throughout the PCB.

• Sapphire

Yummy.

• Sapphire

Yummy.

Thanks... I guess.

Look at it next time ;)

• MVP

Looks great!

I want this!

• Sapphire

Looks great!

I want this!

Thanks for the kind words! :)

• Emerald

This looks really good, the only problem is the shipping containers one is fine but two stacked is too many, because how would you get them up there, but apart from that well done brilliant job.

• Sapphire

This looks really good, the only problem is the shipping containers one is fine but two stacked is too many, because how would you get them up there, but apart from that well done brilliant job.

For that, the CDF brought up a lot of the big supplies such as the containers, concrete, gates. The survivors brought the rest.

Thanks!

• MVP

Looks pretty cool, as you said it needs detail work but certainly a great base to build on

• Sapphire

Good job man, this looks really good.

Thank you very much!

Looks pretty cool, as you said it needs detail work but certainly a great base to build on

Thanks, Tamaster.

Yeah, I took what you said as a base and decided to post it - as I know the map developers would add more spice to it. :)

• Sapphire

Looks nice, Good job on the backstory too, creates emersion!

Thanks.

• Emerald

Love the overall atmosphere of this place. The backstory is great.

• Sapphire

Love the overall atmosphere of this place. The backstory is great.

Cheers man!

the camp had already taken quite a beating from mutants and people.

I liked the backstory... but I'm pretty sure there are no mutants in DayZRP's background. This could easily be replaced with zombies. :P

Didn't mean to come off rude or anything, mutants just remind of me monsters like Bloodsuckers or other S.T.A.L.K.E.R. monsters.

• Sapphire

the camp had already taken quite a beating from mutants and people.

I liked the backstory... but I'm pretty sure there are no mutants in DayZRP's background. This could easily be replaced with zombies. :P

Didn't mean to come off rude or anything, mutants just remind of me monsters like Bloodsuckers or other S.T.A.L.K.E.R. monsters.

Mutants was just another way of saying infected as I thought I used the word infected to much and I didn't want to use zombies, but I'll replace it now. :P

Mutants was just another way of saying infected as I thought I used the word infected to much and I didn't want to use zombies, but I'll replace it now. :P

Zombies can be easily replaced as Undead, Infected, Walker anything that basically resembles the word zombie. :P

• MVP

The premise and idea can really work. I see potential in this place, especielly as the south coast needs more visitors.

I do have some suggestions though.

The containers

Like others have mentioned, the containers look a bit out of place and should probably be replaced by something else. The explenation that the CDF could ferry these up in a convoy does not make too much sense im afraid. Although somewhat possible, it would require -a lot- of effort and really big trucks and specialized gear to do so, and if the CDF just wanted to set up an outpost they'd probably use different equipment that is more feasible and easier to transport.

The guard towers

The deer stand guard tower unfortunetly spawns zombies. Admins and devs can turn off most zombie-spawning buildings, but the deer stand is an exception.(Kakan told me this a while ago, I think it still applies.)

That means that you'd face a lot of "inside zombie agro" if you kept the deer stand. I understand why you'd want to use it, it looks excellent, but it would cause more trouble then its worth.

The other guard tower is a good alternative, but unfortunetly you cannot climb up the ladder. This is a great shame because its the only other feasible alternative to a proper guard tower.

However a while ago I tinkered with attaching a separate ladder item to the already existing ladder at the tower, and I managed to get it to work. So its possible to make that other guard tower usable and functionable, it just requires a lot of tinkering with separate ladder items. It may also be slightly risky to whoever climbs up the tower, this being arma and ladders being the mother of all bone-breakers.

A different house

A bit of a big thing to comment on I suppose, but there's something about big and relativly "thin" houses that bugs me when out in the open like this and separate from other buildings. (And this is something I sometimes bug our other map devs with as well. :D )

It looks a little bit out of place in an out-of-the-city context. I would suggest using a different building.

You have a fair bit of space to work with here, so I would suggest using perhaps one of the slightly bigger "mansion-looking" buildings.

One suggestion would be the "manor" building, like the one John the Bear used for his Pine Oak Manor PCB.

7SyXh.jpg

Perhaps a bit too fancy, I dono, but I think it looks like a more "feasible building" to stand out in the middle of the hill on its own. It also has a fairly detailed and good interior that allows for good fiddling with details and features.

Other then that, there's not much. I would like to see more fortifications towards the chernogorsk-side, but that's something players can manually add. And the story is great and makes all kinds of sense.

• Sapphire

Zombies can be easily replaced as Undead, Infected, Walker anything that basically resembles the word zombie. :P

Never thought of those, thanks!

The place looks nicely made :D and I like the backstory. :)

Thanks man! :)

-Tomeran Huge Reply-

Thanks for your feedback, Tomeran.

Containers

They were mainly used to mix up the walls around the camp. A story could be that the CDF used them to bring up supplies, and stacked them for shipping them away, obviously it never got to that point. :P

Guard Towers

I thought the Deer Stand would be a problem - I never knew about the ladder glitch on the second one. How about the towers used at NWAF? The tall green ones, they could be used? :)

The House

Firstly, the house I used I liked because of a few reasons...

• Three Floors.
  • Looks Slightly Destroyed.
  • Inside, it looks lived in.

I like it also because it's tall and thin, what I wanted as it looks more like a house built for looking at the sea.

Other

I could use that house to literally build a "lived in" PCB there? With actual fences, looking like it resembles an actual homestead? I will attempt that. Do you know the name of that house?

I could also re-do it, and not include the house. I was just really unsure about what to do and that house seemed perfect.

You need to remove the rusty fuel tank no settlement or pcb is aloud them.

Its a good idea but it looks VERY messy and not in a good way, i would work on removing some of the more pointless items and trying to declutter your pcb as being so close to cherno may result in frame loss, try using some plants and stuff rather then junk items aswell but the main thing is the rusty tank at the front

• Sapphire

You need to remove the rusty fuel tank no settlement or pcb is aloud them.

Its a good idea but it looks VERY messy and not in a good way, i would work on removing some of the more pointless items and trying to declutter your pcb as being so close to cherno may result in frame loss, try using some plants and stuff rather then junk items aswell but the main thing is the rusty tank at the front

Alright, cheers. :)