Server time: 2017-10-20, 03:33
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Mental

Allowing GM's to review groups

Mental    0

As most of you know, groups have to be approved by admins. But after looking at the ranks and seeing who does what, I think it would be nice if the GM's were allowed to review groups. Admins have a lot to do, GM's, not so much. That would also mean that the group ideas section could get a bit cleaner, seeing as right now there are 6 active groups awaiting approval.

So what do you guys think?

Frozen    45

Ask Rolle and he'll say : Soon/Never

Alyd    4

GMs used to be able to I'm fairly sure, but there would be bias etc. because GMs may have been in friendly clans to the idea. Having an admin review it makes your clan the best it can be, and points out every error and helps you fix them so you have no inconsistencies.

Toorrik    4

GMs used to be able to I'm fairly sure, but there would be bias etc. because GMs may have been in friendly clans to the idea. Having an admin review it makes your clan the best it can be, and points out every error and helps you fix them so you have no inconsistencies.

We actually discuss this a lot. (Chris and I do at least)

Yes we could be bias towards clans/players we dislike but think about when it comes to reports. We are not bias when it comes to those so it would work the same for clan ideas.

I'd personally like to have a sort of vote system like we do with reports for clans so we can help ease the load from the admin team during these frantic times. I understand why only admins do it, but I feel if we had a unanimous vote amongst GMs, it would work the same.

Thats my personal opinion anyway.

Whitefur    4

Interesting concept, and could help shorten the purgatory active clan ideas go through before they are either accepted or denied...

Vic    0

It would be great to have other people feed backs. I hope this becomes a thing.

Nihoolious    1248

What I thought it was that GM's used to have the power to approve clan ideas, but somewhere around the time BoS was trying to get approved, they made it admin only because too many ideas where getting accepted over others, sometimes with more content and better quality.

Muntz    3

What I thought it was that GM's used to have the power to approve clan ideas, but somewhere around the time BoS was trying to get approved, they made it admin only because too many ideas where getting accepted over others, sometimes with more content and better quality.

It wasn't really an acceptance process from what I can remember. If clans met the base requirements in the group requirements, then they were made official. Now, group ideas need to meet those requirement to even be considered. The Admins review and consider many other factors when accepting or declining groups.

Mental    0

My groups has been qctive for nearly 2 weeks with no response, which is why i thought it would be a good idea to allow GM's to do it as well as admins.

Nihoolious    1248

My groups has been qctive for nearly 2 weeks with no response, which is why i thought it would be a good idea to allow GM's to do it as well as admins.

I personally have no problem with the way it is set up now. Sure, it takes longer, but it also means the better groups are accepted after being thoroughly reviewed. Also, just look at the clan ideas page. I used to give long criticism to all new ideas when they spurted up, and when I stopped for a few days look what has happened. There are almost a dozen other ideas waiting in line with you sir, and despite you being ready for review, the staff will still look at other ideas as well and will get to yours when they can.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Best to leave it to the admins they know what they are doing

WarMachine    11

I think that just admins should stick with reviewing clan ideas in my opinion. And also a Loremaster I think should be able to review :)

Why not have Loremaster review the groups? :)

Because they're is only one, but that is what Loremasters should be doing. :)

Chris    63

That is the new procedure, Loremaster reviews background and gives admins his/their thoughts, then admins review.

I am confident enough that GMs would do the right thing when it comes to making a decision about a group, And yes, I also agree that the Loremaster should also be able to review.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Admins have a lot to do, GM's, not so much.

I had to point this out, but GM's work is very challenging. As I have not experienced GM work yet, I know most of the work they do and it is very difficult, don't underestimate that. :)

Nihoolious    1248

That is the new procedure, Loremaster reviews background and gives admins his/their thoughts, then admins review.

Wonderful! Thats what loremasters should be doing. Now I want go apply for one even more

Vassal    0

I feel Game masters still should have a place when it comes to clans.

Tomeran    3

I essentially take a look at the concept and see if it makes sense from a lore and RP PoV. If there's there's no issues, I usually just say so in the mod notes. If there are any notable problems, I say so in the mod notes AND the thread itself.

But there's a lot of group ideas, so it'll take me a while to process all of them. Still getting used to this new job. :D

In the end, its still the admins call, I cannot approve or deny any group ideas, I dont have that kind of power. But I offer advice that helps the admins speed up the process. Hopefully that'll be enough. If not, then I could agree with the idea that perhaps GM's should be able to assist, at least senior GM's.

Samaritan    345

Couldn't it be that a LoreMaster and three GM's look at it. If the LoreMaster and two of the three GM's agree then the group is approved?