Server time: 2017-10-22, 13:56
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Kelster

Surrender button

Question

Kelster    0

I haven't been on lately since the patch so I was just wondering. Did they put the surrender option back on the scroll? Because it was a lot easier to make someone drop all their weapons with it.

6 answers to this question

mantispro13    0

I've played it since the new patch and I haven't seen it on the scroll. So I guess not.

I'd also like to see the frisk/search option back in. :D

Kelster    0

I've played it since the new patch and I haven't seen it on the scroll. So I guess not.

I'd also like to see the frisk/search option back in. :D

Yes, I would also like to see that option put back in because when you ask someone to drop ALL their gear they think you mean the things they are holding and their backpack. So you really have no way of knowing if they have NVGs or rangefinders. So they should have some way of searching someone without killing or clorophorming them.

You'll have to set a hotkey in the controls. :)

Yea, I know you can set a hot key for it but does it actually drop your weapons on the ground?

Husky    0

The thing is, the surrender hotkey doesn't work, if you have any weapon in your hand your character will do the surrender animation, and then just go straight back to his weapon.

Krimbo    0

Here is the change-log for patch 1.3.3; http://www.dayzrp.com/t-dayz-rp-1-3-3-changelog

Nothing is said about the surrender function being added back in.

I believe it was probably removed since it was buggy or broken. Or even because people were accidentally doing it and dropping all of their stuff.

Kelster    0

The thing is, the surrender hotkey doesn't work, if you have any weapon in your hand your character will do the surrender animation, and then just go straight back to his weapon.

Yea, that's what I mean. Before on the scroll their was an option to surrender which made you drop your weapons and ammo on the floor and I believe it dropped your backpack as well. I'm just saying that they should put it back in so you don't have to wait so long for people to actually comply with you. It also looks a lot more realistic as well instead of the person awkwardly standing next to his things.